Senate to have first closed-door meeting in 25 years

• @Yanny:

This has nothing to do with Valerie Plame and Karl Rove. The Dems want answers for why we were misled into going to War with Iraq.

Reminds me of the “Spot” act introduced into the House by Abraham Lincoln.

Question is, will President Bush claim executive privelage if this move actually results in a serious investigation.

This isn’t posturing. It’s a serious move by a lot of Senators on both sides of the isle (The Dems don’t have enough votes to call a motion of secrecy without Republican support).

Not only that, but we won’t hear about what goes on. Since 1830, the Senate has only gone secret 3 times. All three were concerning highly sensitive cold-war era paramilitary interventions.

This is serious stuff.

I think that this could be a bombshell, or a buch of crap.  Closed sessions are a good thing.  Sorry folks, national security takes presidence over the national enquires “need to know”.  If they have proof that they don’t want to reveal for national security, hats off… a good move and not at all politicaly motivated.  Mcarthy did not betray this country by telling ppl how he got his info, and that is noble (I bet I get a bunch of people down my throat for that one).

If it is a political stunt, than it is an act of a desperate entity that is about to die.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m