• 2007 AAR League

can i move the carrier 2 spaces and then attack with the aircraft? or must you attack from rest position?

• You attack from the resting/starting position. You only move the carrier after the fighters have flown off into the wild blue yonder…

• can you move the AC 2 spaces then move the fighters off the AC 4 more spaces? No. They move 4 from the starting spot of your turn. So if they are on a AC and that AC’s moves 2 space… the fighter has moved 2 spaces as well.

• a fighter may not take off from an aircraft carrier AFTER the aircraft carrier has moved that turn

• Yes, I believe the rule book (tho I’m not near it at the time) refers to it as “launching” the planes from the carrier. The rule states that planes simply need to have a safe landing point (which may or may not be the carrier) so they cannot suicide. So in theory you could launch the aircraft and have them attack an enemy 3 spaces from the original point of the carrier and have the carrier move the two spaces to pick up the fighter on its one remaining move.

BTW, since the carrier and the planes can technically be involved in seperate attacks it’s possible that the carrier might be sunk during the combat phase in which case the planes will either have to find another safe point to land or else they will “run out of gas”… :(

• Just think of the airplanes as ‘in the air’ at the beginning of your turn. That should eliminate any doubt as to how many spaces they can move.

• but just one thing which confirms what you said

when your fighter lands from carrier of one of your allies

he cannot be picked by that carrier afcorse beacuse its not the carriers turn

so be careful when putting your fighters on your allies carriers

when the carrier is defending its all normal

but when you are atacking your ally`s fighter is threatened as cargo

it doesnt fight it is destroyed when the carrier is destroyed

• @Amon-Sul:

but when you are atacking your ally`s fighter is threatened as cargo

it doesnt fight it is destroyed when the carrier is destroyed

Are you sure? I thought that if they can make a move of 1 space and land…they are safe…not sure though…

• Are you sure? I thought that if they can make a move of 1 space and land…they are safe…not sure though…

The rule book specifically states that any allied planes on your carrier go down with the carrier.

That stinks, doesn’t it?

• Hey,

I believe the rule is that if you move THE CARRIER into combat with allied fighters 9not your own) aboard that they are cargo only. So clearly then, you should not do that. It isn’t a problem when defending, or when you launch your own fighters to attack, just don’t bring the carrier along…

• @othyem:

Are you sure? I thought that if they can make a move of 1 space and land…they are safe…not sure though…

The rule book specifically states that any allied planes on your carrier go down with the carrier.

That stinks, doesn’t it?

• Yes i read up on that…it does stink…

Also…I have a question and my friend doesn’t believe me…so i need to clarify it through other players, not the rulebook…

I say that carriers can attack with the fighters on it and the fighters can then land on the carrier after the battle(i.e. The carrier in Car Islands can attack WITH the fighter on it)

If i’m correct, just confirm what i said so he’ll believe me…thanks

• The carrier can participate in the fight yes (doesn’t matter if there are fighters or not an AC can attack), however the allied fighter on the carrier does not participate in the fight and does die if the carrier dies.

• Meaning if another players fighter is on the carrier…not yours though…correct?..(have to clarify)

• The carrier and the fighters are treated as two seperate entities as far as attack is concerned. If I have a carrier with two fighters on it and I want to attack with the fighters I must “launch” them before the fight. I can then move the carrier into battle as well.

If you do not launch the fighters they are treated as cargo and if the carrier is sunk two things can happen: first, your fighters have the chance to land elsewhere but if there are allied fighters on the carrier then they are KAPUT.

Usually I don’t bring a carrier into battle (because there’s no real need for it) but on occasion I will do so because… well just because it’s an extra unit with the ability to attack (even at the paltry 1).

• Meaning if another players fighter is on the carrier…not yours though…correct?..(have to clarify)

Yes Mr G,
    Thats exactly what I meant. If it was your own fighters they have a chance to land. I think there may be a restriction on that, but I’d assume they were attacking, so it’s only the movement range like normal.

• just one transport question

i am not 100 percent shure

but what is the procedure when you put your allies units in your transport

on which turn do you attack

• Amon-Sul

Put allies on transport (and move transport) during YOUR turn.
    They get to unload and attack during their turn.

This means the transport is floating with units on it for a while.

• @Sanford:

Amon-Sul

Put allies on transport (and move transport) during YOUR turn.
    They get to unload and attack during their turn.

This means the transport is floating with units on it for a while.

-Nope….in rules it basically says this:

1.Ally loads the troops on your transport during his turn(he can’t move your transport ever to pick up or drop off…the transport must be in that seazone already before he loads)

2.You move transport to a seazone adjacent to a land territory.

3.Your ally can unload his troops next turn…

so it takes 3-4 turns to get this set up(not the greatest idea, i’ve never used it)

• Hi,

I think G misunderstood (or I did) what Sanford meant.

I believe what was meant is,

On your ally’s turn they load their troops onto your trn
    On your turn you move your trn
    On your ally’s next turn, they unload your trn

For example,

UK1 trn moves to EUS sz
    US1 2 inf placed on UK trn in EUS sz
    UK2 trn moved to UK sz
    US2 2 inf unload into Norway

• i think that all 3 of you said the same thing but maybe not

but ydavid definitely explain it

thanks