• Had this idea today of bringing all of Japan to bear in the Med. By turn 4 or 5, Japan could be in SZ 81 by Egypt.

Brief overview:

Turn 1: buy a naval base on Hainan or Kwangsi, move all naval that you want to bring there.
    Turn 2: move all to SZ 36 or 40. UK panics and turtles in India. Might declare war and throw 3 warships and 3 planes at your stack. It’s not going to make much of a dent. Anzac might throw 1 destroyer at you.
    Turn 3-4-5: get to Egypt. Turn 5 would be an extra turn in case of a french or UK naval blocker.
    Turn 6 onward: get in the Med, yes that implies taking both Egypt and Transjordan. With Japan there in the med, the italians and germany can concentrate nearly 100% to Russia for a Europe win while securing Paris and Denmark.

My only drawback is that you would only have 3 transports, so 1 tank, 2 arty and 3 infantries, and 6 planes with you. You might be able to bring bombers depending on how it plays. To wait an extra turn is probably not worth it, as UK declares war on its 2nd or 3rd turn and will be able to block your advance.

In the end, who cares of US takes Japan, by the time your fleet is gone you’re trying to move troops towards Russia, or gobble up some Siberia income, or if US builds an invasion fleet, 10 troops a turn on Japan if they insist. 1 kamikaze counter negates all shore bombardment, so good luck. Even if they take Japan by turn 6 or later, victory is nearly happening in Europe and it will be too late for

Could this work? Has anyone tried it?

• This was fun sometimes in Revised, but the map is so much bigger that the US can do a lot more to Japan than they could in Revised.

• Some revisions
    turn 1: 3 transports, play normal
    2: war?  if war, take islands (celebs, phil, malaya?, borneo)  no war-> naval base in kwangsi and more loaded transports
    3: take some more islands (java/sumatra), if declared this turn, take sumatra, phil as light as possible, java, malaya if u can preserve your landing units, remaining transports from sz 6 to 36. 
    4: move off the coast of india/ceylon
    5: Take Iraq
    6: Take Egypt
    6-7: Germany takes Moscow
    7-8: Stalingrad falls
    8: gg

• @ghr2:

Some revisions
    2: war?  if war, take islands (celebs, phil, malaya?, borneo)  no war-> naval base in kwangsi and more loaded transports
    3: take some more islands (java/sumatra), if declared this turn, take sumatra, phil as light as possible, java, malaya if u can preserve your landing units, remaining transports from sz 6 to 36. 

I’m not sure that that would work if UK puts blockers up. That’s the reason why i wanted to go to India in 2: first he would never expect that, and second you’re already halfway there by turn 2. If you take the traditional route you could get bogged down. Perhaps.

• @vonLettowVorbeck1914:

This was fun sometimes in Revised, but the map is so much bigger that the US can do a lot more to Japan than they could in Revised.

The point is to win in Europe. I know it’s not historical but that’s not the point. Like I said, who cares if US captures Japan, by the time they can take the stolen goods and actually do something in Europe it’ll be turn 9 minimum. It won’t matter if Japan falls at turn 6-7, it takes 3 turns for US to mobilize something.

• I approve of this Kamikaze.  :evil:

Things to note, UK has in many games, pulled it’s fleet out of the Med. to go to India, could cause some problems with this strat.

• We had a discussion about this at length not too long ago…

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30593.0

• '17 '16 '13 '12

US just adds on a bit to fleet initially + subs here and here to convoy Japan to the stone age and perhaps grab some income . US takes care of the sea zone against Japan. Anzac can conquer by land and convoy the rest to make Japan insignificant.

India / UK can build fighters to help with the defense of Moscow (how do you deal with the UK. Anzac can fly in the fighters to help as well.

Soon enough, the US will invest all its money in the Atlantic and these effects will be felt.

Everything depend on whether Moscow can hold or if Egypt can hold.

• @atease:

@ghr2:

Some revisions

I’m not sure that that would work if UK puts blockers up. That’s the reason why i wanted to go to India in 2: first he would never expect that, and second you’re already halfway there by turn 2. If you take the traditional route you could get bogged down. Perhaps.

When you declare, you kill the blockers.

• Also, unless you declare war on the allies on turn 2 on your plan, india will block you anyway so he really wont need to turtle.  The idea is to trick the allies in that it is business as usual.  If japan got straight for india turn 2, then it becomes 100% clear that Japan is giving up the pac and so the US will start dumping in the atlantic while UK turtles egypt harder.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m