Best timing for German -> Russia attack & Japan -> Russia/Allies attack

• What is everyone’s experience of the best time for Germany to attack Russia; and what is the best time for Japan to attack Russia or UK/USA?
    This is obviously based on a successful outcome - ie: Axis victory.

I think i saw a mention of part of this on a previous post - something like how G1 was bad, G2 seemed pretty good, G3 bit worse, G4 too late, etc
    V curious to see the answers for this, as my group are yet to play (had the boxes for 2 months!) but are set to kick-off in the next few weeks.
    _.

• exception = Blitchga; but roughly the same situation ;-)_

• I think the problem is we aren’t seeing enough games that end up as axis wins where the level of players on both sides is consistent, and there wasn’t a horrible blunder by the allied player.  Hard to say I attacked G2 and won because…when the guy playing anzac turtled the whole game and the US didn’t put any pressure on Europe, etc.

• '10

Think the best time for Germany to attack Russia is G2.

The UK-Europe fleet ist sunk and the ground forces are ready to start a massive attack with air support.
    (I’am no friend fo sealion)

Best time for a Japanese attack is J2 or J3.

I prefer J2, Uk-Asia fleet is spread out nd you’ ve got the chance to sink all ANZAC-ships.

(J1 will do more damage, but you have the risk that US concentrates too early on Europe, J3 maybe is too late and the Pacific minor allies will bei too strong)

• @marechallannes:

Best time for a Japanese attack is J2 or J3.

I prefer J2, Uk-Asia fleet is spread out nd you’ ve got the chance to sink all ANZAC-ships.

(J1 will do more damage, but you have the risk that US concentrates too early on Europe, J3 maybe is too late and the Pacific minor allies will bei too strong)

J1 is better in my opinion.  Giving the USA/ANZAC/India time to setup/buy units is a bad move.  You need that IPC to successfully threaten USA later, and you can do it even sooner if the focus on the Atlantic.  Taking IPC away from India and taking the Dutch Islands asap is crucial to a successful Japan.

• you have to balance the Japan opening w/the European side of the board.    J1 attack was great in Pac40 as we all know, but do you really want to put the US to 80 IPCs on US1?  Ask the Nazi next to you if HE wants you to do that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m