Alas…the site is getting boring...

• …unless I could game.  But I can’t right now.  So my question is - even though the political forum is gone, we can still have political topics, no?

The rules have a specific section concerning political topics, but doesn’t outright bar them from the GD…

I’m feeling scrappy.  Where are ya, balung?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Considering the site was originally designed, I believe, to be a way to help people learn and enjoy the game and trade strategies, I find it very hard to complain about a lack of political discourse.

There’s a political forum I use, if you want the address I can give it to you.  I have the same name and avatar there as here.

• 2007 AAR League

i was thinking that its boring … but u know … global warming isnt political and thats always a hot topic :roll:

@AJ:

i was thinking that its boring … but u know … global warming isnt political and thats always a hot topic :roll:

Well, it’s SUPPOSED to be Science, but it seems like the politicians would like it to be political and to me, it seems like a religion.

• Please note that when you look at the main screen for the discussion boards it states that GD is for NON-POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS.

@ncscswitch:

Please note that when you look at the main screen for the discussion boards it states that GD is for NON-POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS.

Yes, but as was said, global warming is a scientific discussion, not a political one!  As long as you can frame the debate so as to not include political parties, anything almost could be a general discussion.

• Yeah, and abortion is a moral discussion, the war on terror is a military discussion, stem cell research is a scientific discussion… :roll:

@M36:

Yeah, and abortion is a moral discussion, the war on terror is a military discussion, stem cell research is a scientific discussion… :roll:

Now you’re getting it!

• Everybody knows those are still political discussions at the root though.

• whther abortion is murder or not is actually a philosphical discussion. what to DO about it would cros over into political.

@Smacktard:

whther abortion is murder or not is actually a philosphical discussion. what to DO about it would cros over into political.

A men, brother.

As long as we don’t start talking about laws or legislation or political figures or parties, it’s general discussion.

• 2007 AAR League

so why not discuss these things……generally.

Go for it.

• I will let DJensen make the ruling on that IF it comes into being :-D

The political issue in GD is his rule, so I will let him judge this new slant of things like calling discussions of GWB sociological instead of political :-P

@ncscswitch:

I will let DJensen make the ruling on that IF it comes into being :-D

The political issue in GD is his rule, so I will let him judge this new slant of things like calling discussions of GWB sociological instead of political :-P

Hey, if you can keep it out of the political sphere….just don’t relate it to laws, politics, political parties, etc.  But if you wanna say he has a goofy head, okay.

Besides, without an active GD forum, how can newbies ever expect to rival you or I for post count?

• @Jennifer:

Besides, without an active GD forum, how can newbies ever expect to rival you or I for post count?

Play a lot of games  :-D

@ncscswitch:

@Jennifer:

Play a lot of games  :-D

Yea, the OLD dicey could rack up a lot of posts.  The new one too, but I find the new one gives more 1’s and 2’s then the old one did resulting in shorter battles.  =)

• M36 thinks that people with over 5000 posts need a life. :-P

That, or a full time job like mine. :wink:

@M36:

M36 thinks that people with over 5000 posts need a life. :-P

That, or a full time job like mine. :wink:

I have a full time gig.  Actually, two technically since I’m not only teaching full time but also a full time student and a mother of two and a wife and a volunteer politician (work on campaigns) and maid of my house and accountant for my house and para-legal for my house and handy-woman of my house.  I have a lot of “full time” jobs. =)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m