Alas…the site is getting boring...

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@AJ:

i was thinking that its boring … but u know … global warming isnt political and thats always a hot topic :roll:

Well, it’s SUPPOSED to be Science, but it seems like the politicians would like it to be political and to me, it seems like a religion.

• Please note that when you look at the main screen for the discussion boards it states that GD is for NON-POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS.

@ncscswitch:

Please note that when you look at the main screen for the discussion boards it states that GD is for NON-POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS.

Yes, but as was said, global warming is a scientific discussion, not a political one!  As long as you can frame the debate so as to not include political parties, anything almost could be a general discussion.

• Yeah, and abortion is a moral discussion, the war on terror is a military discussion, stem cell research is a scientific discussion… :roll:

@M36:

Yeah, and abortion is a moral discussion, the war on terror is a military discussion, stem cell research is a scientific discussion… :roll:

Now you’re getting it!

• Everybody knows those are still political discussions at the root though.

• whther abortion is murder or not is actually a philosphical discussion. what to DO about it would cros over into political.

@Smacktard:

whther abortion is murder or not is actually a philosphical discussion. what to DO about it would cros over into political.

A men, brother.

As long as we don’t start talking about laws or legislation or political figures or parties, it’s general discussion.

• 2007 AAR League

so why not discuss these things……generally.

Go for it.

• I will let DJensen make the ruling on that IF it comes into being :-D

The political issue in GD is his rule, so I will let him judge this new slant of things like calling discussions of GWB sociological instead of political :-P

@ncscswitch:

I will let DJensen make the ruling on that IF it comes into being :-D

The political issue in GD is his rule, so I will let him judge this new slant of things like calling discussions of GWB sociological instead of political :-P

Hey, if you can keep it out of the political sphere….just don’t relate it to laws, politics, political parties, etc.  But if you wanna say he has a goofy head, okay.

Besides, without an active GD forum, how can newbies ever expect to rival you or I for post count?

• @Jennifer:

Besides, without an active GD forum, how can newbies ever expect to rival you or I for post count?

Play a lot of games  :-D

@ncscswitch:

@Jennifer:

Play a lot of games  :-D

Yea, the OLD dicey could rack up a lot of posts.  The new one too, but I find the new one gives more 1’s and 2’s then the old one did resulting in shorter battles.  =)

• M36 thinks that people with over 5000 posts need a life. :-P

That, or a full time job like mine. :wink:

@M36:

M36 thinks that people with over 5000 posts need a life. :-P

That, or a full time job like mine. :wink:

I have a full time gig.  Actually, two technically since I’m not only teaching full time but also a full time student and a mother of two and a wife and a volunteer politician (work on campaigns) and maid of my house and accountant for my house and para-legal for my house and handy-woman of my house.  I have a lot of “full time” jobs. =)

• @ncscswitch:

Please note that when you look at the main screen for the discussion boards it states that GD is for NON-POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS.

I. General Rules

1. All normal forum rules apply, in addition to anything listed here.

2. The General Discussion (and Other Games) forum is for topics that are not Axis and Allies related.

3. Fewer threads are better than many threads. If a thread is active and related to a particular topic, please do not create another thread on the same topic.

4. Try to stay on topic. If a thread about a giant crab is started and the topic of the historical changes in earth’s gravity comes up in the dialogue, create another thread for discussion on earth’s gravity.

5. Yanny reserves the right to add any rules to this set at his discretion.

6. Any punitive matters will be handled at Yanny’s discretion.

III. Political Debate

1. Political Debate can get heated. As a general rule, debate should never get personal. Ad Hominum attacks will not be tolerated. The definition of an Ad Hominum attack is as follows: A comment intended to be derogatory toward a member of these forums. . If you think that you have been the target of an Ad Hominum attack, use the “Report to moderator” button.

2. Provide links whenever possible. When linking to an article, do not post the full text of article, but leave the majority of the article for a reader to read on the linked page. This is a copyright issue.

Can we get a little consistency, please?  :wink:
    And by that I mean, let us at least say how crappy politicians are.

• I think Jermo just owned you Switch. :wink:

• @M36:

I think Jermo just owned you Switch. :wink:

Well, he was right.  He just didn’t give a full answer.  :wink:

I guess this means I have karma coming my way… :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m