Axis and Allies 1914 FAQ/Question and Answer Thread

• Official Q&A

Yes, as long as you are also attacking with infantry.  Fighters are not subject to the same movement restrictions that land units are.

• Sponsor

Can I land a fighter in contested territory?

• @Mountaineer:

Can I land a fighter in contested territory?

Yes.

• If I were to capture Ottoman for example, can I build troops in Ottoman’s capital?

• Official Q&A

Welcome, TheGameBeast!

No.

• Really quick question : what does tank do? Do they have 2 lives? Can they move 2…?

• @Tendron:

Really quick question : what does tank do? Do they have 2 lives? Can they move 2…?

They negate a hit when attacking and only move at one.

For example, if the defenders score five hits and you have three tanks, you only lose two units.

• And the tanks aren’t damaged like battleships, but are completely intact. So every turn you attack ( not on defense) they can absorb one hit each.

• If a sea zone is contested at the start of the player’s turn, can they retreat from the sea zone?

Currently it’s Britain’s turn, and they have a damaged battleship and three transports in sz10 with 4 German battleships. Germany dumped it’s entire income last turn to force the hand of Britain.

• @TheVenocWarlord:

If a sea zone is contested at the start of the player’s turn, can they retreat from the sea zone?

Currently it’s Britain’s turn, and they have a damaged battleship and three transports in sz10 with 4 German battleships. Germany dumped it’s entire income last turn to force the hand of Britain.

No such thing as a contested sea zone, just friendly or hostile.  That said, UK can move their ships wherever they want and do not need to conduct combat.

• @Texas:

@TheVenocWarlord:

If a sea zone is contested at the start of the player’s turn, can they retreat from the sea zone?

No such thing as a contested sea zone, just friendly or hostile.  That said, UK can move their ships wherever they want and do not need to conduct combat.

Okay. Thanks!

• Just to get a bit of clarification on the top of page 20.  It says I can elect to not attack enemy ships.  So I can move the Austrian fleet into the same sea zone as the Italian fleet and not conduct combat?  If there was also British ships present, could I choose to only attack the Brits or is it all or nothing?

• @Texas:

Just to get a bit of clarification on the top of page 20.  It says I can elect to not attack enemy ships.  So I can move the Austrian fleet into the same sea zone as the Italian fleet and not conduct combat?  If there was also British ships present, could I choose to only attack the Brits or is it all or nothing?

I believe that only applies if you start in the same sea zone as the enemy ships.

~Venoc, noticing we answered each other’s questions about the same thing. lol

• @TheVenocWarlord:

@Texas:

Just to get a bit of clarification on the top of page 20.  It says I can elect to not attack enemy ships.  So I can move the Austrian fleet into the same sea zone as the Italian fleet and not conduct combat?  If there was also British ships present, could I choose to only attack the Brits or is it all or nothing?

I believe that only applies if you start in the same sea zone as the enemy ships.

~Venoc, noticing we answered each other’s questions about the same thing. lol

It actually doesn’t specify that though.  In the movement phase, all it says is you have to stop if you encounter a hostile sea zone.

• Official Q&A

You are never required to conduct sea combat, unless you are doing an amphibious assault or reinforcement and the sea zone contains enemy surface warships.  If you do attack, you must attack all of the enemy units in the sea zone.  The only exception is for the Central Powers if the United States is not yet at war, in which case they may ignore any US units and attack only units belonging to other Allied powers.

• Great, thank you.  I have been playing that wrong the whole time and that certainly changes things.

• @Krieghund:

@anoid226:

The rules state that units being loaded onto a transport “must use their entire move to load onto and/or offload from a transport.” A fighter’s move is 2 spaces. Does this indicates that fighters cannot move 1 space into the coastal tt, then use the remaining 1 space of their movement as their “move” onto the transport?

They cannot.

@anoid226:

Like tanks in the WWII versions?

They can’t, either.

@Quintus:

Also can land a plane on a transport if the transport is not on the coast, but still 2 movement spots away?

No.

In other words, you can’t do this :

Turn 1, build transports with British empire
    Turn 2, move troops into transports to land them in Europe

?

• Customizer

Yes you can.

• @Imperious:

Is the small space between Egypt and Trans-Jordan controlled by UK or Ottomans? Why isn’t it labeled and does it count for separate movement? ( meaning it takes two land moves to get to TJ.)

It is part of Egypt.  See page 11 of the Rulebook.

I was confused as hell when I saw this tiny grey territory. Why is the territory not the same color as Egypt then? Shouldn’t it be the UK-yellow?

• Yes, it probably should be the same color as the rest of Egypt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m