• I mentioned this in my Minor Nations House Rule post, but I refined the concept. Thanks to Flashman for drawing my attention to the Japanese destroyers in the Mediterranean.

Japan, Brazil, and Siam sent small contingents to Europe after declaring war.

To represent the Japanese naval forces sent in early 1917 to help the Allies in the Mediterranean, on turn 3  place a Japanese cruiser (use whatever ship from another A&A game that seems appropriate to you) in sea zone 29 and controlled by the British player. If the Japanese cruiser is lost in combat, it may be replaced at the normal cruiser cost by the British player, but must be mobilized in sea zone 29 (this is the only time the British player may mobilize sea units in India).

Brazil enters the war when the US does. Brazil is controlled by the US player and is represented by 1 Brazilian Infantry placed in the United States and 1 Brazilian cruiser placed in sea zone 1 (use whatever sculpts from another A&A game that seem appropriate to you). If lost, either may be replaced by the US player paying the standard cost and both are mobilized in the United States. Note: Brazil played a naval role in the Atlantic and planned on sending an expeditionary force to France.

Siam enters the war on turn 4. Siam is controlled by the British player and is represented by 1 Siamese Infantry (Chinese Infantry from Pacific 1940 are perfect) placed in India. If lost, the Siamese Inf may be replaced by the British player at the usual cost, but may only be placed in India. Note: A small Siamese force actually made it to France in 1918.

Yes these are negligible, but I just want them for flavor. It was a global conflict after all. Plus, what else am I gonna do? The game doesn’t come out for a week. :cry:

• seems like a lot of extra work when those countries’ could be represented using existing units. (Siam as part of UK infantry in India for example)

• Hmm. Totally doable.

For Japan - on turn 3 place a free British cruiser in sea zone 29.

For Brazil - when the US declares war, place 1 free US infantry in the United States and a free US cruiser in sea zone 1.

For Siam - on turn 4 place a free British infantry in India.

Only downside is the Japanese cruiser wouldn’t be distinguishable for replacement purposes in sea zone 29. Although you could just place a Japanese control marker from another A&A game underneath it.

Thanks BJCard, I forgot to KISS.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Perhaps the Russians could get a bonus the first time they control Mesopotamia to represent Armenian forces.

• This is all good and well, but why only more units for the allies. Are you trying to push the balance away from the central powers?
    What if we add a German cruiser off the coast of Africa to help balance the Japanese cruiser

• '12

@wove100:

Only downside is the Japanese cruiser wouldn’t be distinguishable for replacement purposes in sea zone 29. Although you could just place a Japanese control marker from another A&A game underneath it.

Well honestly, if these units are replaceable, no need to use differing units.  The controlling power might as well use their own pieces.

Since these countries probably couldn’t have managed that much of a sustained war effort overseas it would likely make more sense for these extra units to be irreplaceable.

• I’m not sure I see the point behind this, but if you do add units for some minor powers not directly represented they should be irreplaceable IMO. I also agree that you can’t just add 3-4 units to the allies w/o making adjustments for the CP. You could do it in the form of units, or maybe give them an NO (goal) or something to offset it.

• One thing that comes to mind for the CP would be to allow the Ottoman Empire to place one free infantry in Egypt, and one in Libya should they be conquered by the Ottomans (however unlikely that may seem in the actual game) - representing Senussi forces.

• Customizer

They should get a Senussi attack anyway, even if they’re nowhere near Egypt. Same with the Moroccan in Kenifra.

Should be used in conjunction with other nations being able to recruit Askaris in original African tts.

• Customizer

I don’t mean to be a party pooper here, but wouldn’t it just be easier to have most of these ‘place 1 unit here to represent xx’ be reflected in the initial setup?

• @ossel:

I don’t mean to be a party pooper here, but wouldn’t it just be easier to have most of these ‘place 1 unit here to represent xx’ be reflected in the initial setup?

Bingo

• '12

@ossel:

I think the idea isn’t to have them there as part of the initial setup, they come into play later in certain turns on based on player actions on the board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m