• You know, you complain about the stain not matching with the boxes that you had purchased but, dangit, I think it looks BETTER with the lighter colored boxes inside the compartment areas!  It adds contrast and looks fantastic.

Very nice job!  And a very simple way to do it as well.

PS : for anyones future reference, building lumber is always 1/2" smaller on both dimensions than it is labelled (ie: 2x4 are actually 1.5x3.5 inch, etc).  Long ago they used to be exactly as labeled but with milling and changes in production (and the quality/quantity of wood used) that has changed over the years to what we have now.  For building purposes, not a big deal, but if you’re doing furniture, you always want to check first.  In these cases, sometimes it pays to buy better-than-construction-grade woods (usually found in the trim aisles) if you need an exact size.

• Thanks!

I too am starting to warm up to the different colors on the table. Makes them stand out. The best part is; they come out so that I can transport the table. Bonus!

And I probably could have used your wood knowledge 10 days ago! hahah. But that’s good info for sure.

• Sponsor

Excellent work Aaronimpulse!

You took on a huge task and came out Aces! I’m proud of you bro, you have something that is unique and all your friends will appreciate you for it. I agree with IWNGU, the two tone brown looks perfect and your containers are great. Congrats on completing the project, I know how much work it takes, and trust me, you will get tons of entertainment out of it.

PS: You must not be married if you’re building a game table in the kitchen… LOL.

• Awesome game table!

• Last Jack - Thanks!

YG - I couldn’t have done it without your help, thanks a ton! But you are totally right, I am not married haha!!

Again, if anyone wants help building one, just let me know

• This table is excellent.  I am envious.

• It is a fantastic table.

what I particularly like is the fact that the early shots are in your kitchen… leading me to believe you are either single or soon to be divorced.  :-D  Because I know that if I came home and dropped a 4’ x 8’ sheet of plywood in the Kitchen I’d better be building something to sleep in.  Cause I’d be needing it when I was outside later that night.  LOL

Great work!

• Hahah yea, I definitely live alone. And if I didn’t, I would be now!

• Sweet board. Got to participate in the breaking in phase, so much better than trying to play on a coffee table.

• '14 '13

Great job on the table.

• Beautiful.

• @aaronimpulse:

I then went online and found some containers at, imagine this thecontainerstore.com that I wanted to use for holding the units etc…

Hey Aaron, great table!!!

Can I ask what the measurements were on these containers? Or better yet, a link to the exact containers you ended up purchasing?

They look great, good size and appear stackable too for when the game/table is all packed up yeah?

Cheers

• Thanks Speed_Adict!

They are completely stackable, which I will completely admit, was an accident that ended up working out in my favor! I purchased the containers before building the actual table and used the containers as a guide for my measurements. I tried to get the boxes as geographically close to their corresponding countries as possible… but anyway… here you go!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/bath/drawerOrganizers?productId=10023938&N=80937

enjoy!

• Cheers ;)

Yeah that’s what I also plan on doing, building a table around the map and containers…

Going to wait though and see what layout best suits out group (i.e. Where do we usually roll the dive (left? Right?), where do we place out cards etc).

Thanks again :)

• No problem,

Post the pics when you are done!

happy gaming!

• Sponsor

You guys are right to build around the map and containers first, things like dice trays, card decks, and money stacks can all be worked in later.

• Exactly YG.

I ended up with extra space on both sides that I just used for creating dice trays. I think planning it out in regard to where you want to put what country’s trays is probably one of the most important steps. Once you have that, you can start swinging the hammer!

• Nice work, well done.

I’ve enjoyed browsing the different threads on creating a custom table. Lots of creative thought and good ideas.

• Sponsor

@bighammer:

Nice work, well done.

I’ve enjoyed browsing the different threads on creating a custom table. Lots of creative thought and good ideas.

Cheers bighammer… are you thinking about building your own custom table?

• '14

@aaronimpulse:

Thanks Speed_Adict!

They are completely stackable, which I will completely admit, was an accident that ended up working out in my favor! I purchased the containers before building the actual table and used the containers as a guide for my measurements. I tried to get the boxes as geographically close to their corresponding countries as possible… but anyway… here you go!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/bath/drawerOrganizers?productId=10023938&N=80937

enjoy!

UNBELIEVABLE!!! i tried to source out bamboo to build my own boxes and these are considerably cheaper (if you count waste) thanks for the link. Im looking into them as i type this. It will probably look more complete by the time im done too. Thanks again :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m