• @tacojohn:

I’m curious whether there are any A&A Miniatures retailers, sellers or dealers that are regular (frequent, recurring) exhibitors at GenCon?  There are a few individual capital ships i would like to pick up, but i don’t know whether any GC exhibitors sell individual, selected pieces.

There is one or two venders that still sale individual units.  Also, you can come to the AA HQ and I can guarntee that guys will have what you are looking for and be willing to trade or sell…

Gregory J. Smorey
    SmoreySwamp Axis & Allies Gamers
    Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins/Spring Gathering
    www.headlesshorseman2.com

�The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself� - MacArthur

• AA Gamers,

As promised, I have updated the Swamp with a brief listing of the Axis & Allies events that will run at GEN CON from my HQ.  Not all are listed but most of the important ones with Event # and times.

http://www.headlesshorseman2.com/id12.html

I will hopefully posting any event rules changes to any of the events within weeks end.

29 days and counting…

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a shout.

Peace,
    Gregory J. Smorey
    SmoreySwamp Axis & Allies Gamers
    Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins/Spring Gathering

“The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself” - MacArthur

• Thanks!  I’ll try to swing by.

• Greetings AA Gamers (latest Update!),

Three weeks, 23 days to GEN CON. I have received quite a lot of questions regarding events and specifics for tournament play.  Keep them coming if need be.

A few items of note: for first timers, any tournament is listed as a team tournament but in most cases, you may play solo if the numbers lend themselves to playing solo.  What that means is that I allocate spaces enough for everyone to play as a team if they like.  So, if there is a sell out and you want to play solo, you most likely will not be able to.  This scenario rarely happens so there is a good chance you will be able to play solo if you like.  I will do everything possible to accommodate anyone wanting to play solo.

Also on the event front.  Most if not ALL of my Tournament events are listed in the book/online as 2 hours events.  Please make note:  Almost ALL of the events I run last longer than 2 hours.  What is required of me from GEN CON is that I must list the minimum amount of time a player has to play the game before, either being eliminated or just gets up and goes to another event.  It is basically a guarantee of time that you may play a game if you like.  So, and in most cases, tournament events will run anywhere from 2 hours up to: 4, 5, 6 or even 8 hours.  ALL events do have a time limit.  You can go to the Swamp and see the event rules to get the exact maximum amount of time for each event.  (Ex. AA50 = 6 hours max. 1942 2nd Ed. = 5 hours max. 1914 = 6 hours max.)

Also, there has been a request for me to send out a request for hotel room space.  If you know of anyone that would know of a place that has room availability or if anyone has a room they wouldn’t mind sharing (cost as well), let me know and i will pass along the info to the people still looking for rooms.

There has also been a request of players wanting to find games on Wednesday night.  At this time, I am still not 100% sure of my plans but if you go to one of the forums, let others know what is going on for Wednesday.

Last, an update on events listings.  More 1941 Beginners Events have SOLD OUT.  Also, 1914 Games have now sold out as well as one of the War At Sea Battlefests.  And last, one of the 2 sessions for Commanders & Tactics is SOLD OUT.  This is my WWII low-luck designed game with no dice.  Check online for event listings…

If there are any questions regarding these or any other questions, feel free to give me a shout.

Peace,
    Gregory J. Smorey
    Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins/Spring Gathering

"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy…” - General Patton

• @Variable:

HBG will be there this year. We’re running our Amerika game along with our Midway and Barbarossa games. Please come by and say hi! Sign up for a game too. We’d love to have ya.

Will this be in the ‘A&A ballroom’ where all the other A&A games are being played? Is that in the ICC or at the Hyatt?  TIA!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Here’s a breakdown of how to find us at GenCon:

Amerika will be in Hall E, Blue 28-29 Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Midway will be in Hall E, Blue 3 on Friday and Blue 1 on Sunday.

Barbarossa will be Hall E, Blue 4 on Friday and Blue 11 on Saturday.

To get a complete listing of all of our dates, times, and locations, go to the “Find Events” search on the GenCon page and search by group/company. We are #215 on the list.

• Thanks, Variable!

• What about the Open Play event? I am playing AA at GenCon for the first time and that is my event. Is there anything else special I need to know about that event?

• Looks like I’m not going to play in the Open Play, actually. So I’ll be handing in  my ticket to the AA organizer and if someone wants to play in it they can use my ticket.

• Was fun guys! Once again, Greg & Crew did a great job holding the tournaments!

• @smo63:

@ghr2:

I am sad that they wont be having g40 in tournament format :(  Have to do 1942 apparently.

Well, unfortunately, G40 does not lend itself to tournament play.  We are finding out G42 doesn’t as well but is it the best alternative.Â

I will let Questioneer address this when he arrives.  But in short, just no way to have a tournament at a CON.  Not enough time… :oops:

Peace,
    Greg Smorey

Axis & Allies EO/GM - GEN CON/ORIGINS/SG

Sorry, couldn’t make it this year…really wanted to defend our 1914 title from Origins.  BTW- the 1914 game rocks with the new tourney rules.  Hopefully Larry will confirm the new slightly adjusted setup for next year also.

As far as G42- Greg I am really warming up to this game as I think others are as they play it.  However like G40- its not any faster unless you give guys the 12-14 hrs (versus 8hrs) to play it in.  If you play 8hrs it might as well be all day, that way players can finish the stinking thing.

Other than that I put G42 on equal par with G40- both are superb versions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m