HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Yavid:

@Imperious:

The German subs from 1941 are the best. I call those other ones toothpicks. Classic had some good ones too.

Classic had the best. They look ok, the are alittle smaller so they take up less space, and they are very stable (don’t fall over)

I use the ones from classic as Coastal Subs, many nations had these.
    In 1936 Germany had more coastal subs than Ocean going subs and Russia always had more Coastal subs than any nation.

• when the old europe came out I started using the “new” subs as Super Subs and the ones from Classic as normal subs

• Customizer

I gotta say I’m not happy that you are cutting the Do-17 bomber to just 1 per set.

If you had to cut any of the pieces to just 1 per set, it should have been the battleship or carrier. People will need more of the bombers than they will battleships or carriers for Germany.

• Customizer

knp7765,

@knp7765:

I gotta say I’m not happy that you are cutting the Do-17 bomber to just 1 per set.
    If you had to cut any of the pieces to just 1 per set, it should have been the battleship or carrier. People will need more of the bombers than they will battleships or carriers for Germany.

––I understand your being disappointed, as am I, on the numbers of the Do-17 Medium Bombers.
    ----But I don’t think the “Coach” would just arbitrarily do something like this. It goes against customer satisfaction. My guess is there must have been a production issue, quality issue, or something wrong that MADE him have to do so.
    Just watch, I imagine we’ll soon hear the reason behind his decision.

––I’ll have my now half-dozen “Flying Pencil’s” soon, and thank HBG for making them. And I pray HBG doesn’t encounter any major problems as FMG has.

“Tall Paul”

Â

Yes, the Do-17 had a lot of QC issues so we do not have as many for sets.
    Everybody who pre-ordered received 2 in each set as stated and we added a Tiger Tank.

The change is ONLY on sets now being offered for sale.

We hope to have single for sell in 2 weeks…Do-17’s also.

Coach

• Thanks Coach that Tiger looks awesome. All I want for the Germans now is infantry in winter greatcoat and the Mark4.

• @coachofmany:

Yes, the Do-17 had a lot of QC issues so we do not have as many for sets.
    Everybody who pre-ordered received 2 in each set as stated and we added a Tiger Tank.

The change is ONLY on sets now being offered for sale.

We hope to have single for sell in 2 weeks…Do-17’s also.

Coach

I wish all companies treated their customers as you guys do!!!  I can’t wait to send more money to you guys for the Japanese sets :)

• I can’t wait for the France set, just so i can replace all those Russian pieces, sure France rarely sees play butfor aesthetics id rather see a char b1 in Paris for a turn than that blue t34

• afrothunder12

IDEA:
    Then you can paint all your T-34s brown or Red and use them as extra Russian Tanks.
    Char b1 are awesome looking and they were bigger than any German Panzer IIIs or 1Vs at the Invasion of France.

WARRIOR888

• Haha no painting for me for a while, just finished painting my Global  set today, all but France. You are right though, don’t have to worry about running out of T34s anytime soon Haha

• '10

@WARRIOR888:

afrothunder12

IDEA:
    Then you can paint all your T-34s brown or Red and use them as extra Russian Tanks.
    Char b1 are awesome looking and they were bigger than any German Panzer IIIs or 1Vs at the Invasion of France.

WARRIOR888

I painted those blue T-34s about a year ago and use them for T-34/85s.

• Customizer

I am LOVING these new German pieces. Also very much like the bonus Tiger in each set. Thank you VERY much Coach. To all who placed pre-orders and therefore got the bonus Tigers, we should be very appreciative. You know that of all the pieces in the new German sets, these Tigers are sure to be the hottest item. So for Coach to include a FREE Tiger in each pre-order set is really putting himself out there for us.
    I do see what you mean about the Do-17s. I could see some minor problems with some that I got in my sets and I’m guessing you probably sent the best ones in your pre-orders. I understand better why you made the cut.
    Your 251 Halftracks are fabulous. They make the OOB look like simple clumps of plastic. I’m crazy for the Me262 and Me110. Oh, and aren’t those little Panzer IIs just SO CUTE!
    I noticed your QC is very good. All pieces present and accounted for. Odd thing: in my dark grey sets, one set was missing a Ju488 yet the very next set had 3 so it evened out. Just seemed an odd coincidence to me.
    Possible suggestion: You mentioned before that you wish to include the Panzer IV in the next Axis Minors sets so it will be available in all the 7 Axis Minor colors. This makes good sense since many of the Axis Minor countries got Panzer IVs from Germany. I don’t know how far you have gotten in the lineup for that set, but you might consider including a Ju87 Stuka. I know that Italy flew some and I think Finland did as well. Not sure about Romania, Bulgaria or Hungary, but I know some were also in the Condor Legion in Spain. Plus, I know that your’s would look fantastic and it would be cool to have Stukas in all the different colors. Just an idea.

@knp7765:

I am LOVING these new German pieces. Also very much like the bonus Tiger in each set. Thank you VERY much Coach. To all who placed pre-orders and therefore got the bonus Tigers, we should be very appreciative. You know that of all the pieces in the new German sets, these Tigers are sure to be the hottest item. So for Coach to include a FREE Tiger in each pre-order set is really putting himself out there for us.
    I do see what you mean about the Do-17s. I could see some minor problems with some that I got in my sets and I’m guessing you probably sent the best ones in your pre-orders. I understand better why you made the cut.
    Your 251 Halftracks are fabulous. They make the OOB look like simple clumps of plastic. I’m crazy for the Me262 and Me110. Oh, and aren’t those little Panzer IIs just SO CUTE!
    I noticed your QC is very good. All pieces present and accounted for. Odd thing: in my dark grey sets, one set was missing a Ju488 yet the very next set had 3 so it evened out. Just seemed an odd coincidence to me.
    Possible suggestion: You mentioned before that you wish to include the Panzer IV in the next Axis Minors sets so it will be available in all the 7 Axis Minor colors. This makes good sense since many of the Axis Minor countries got Panzer IVs from Germany. I don’t know how far you have gotten in the lineup for that set, but you might consider including a Ju87 Stuka. I know that Italy flew some and I think Finland did as well. Not sure about Romania, Bulgaria or Hungary, but I know some were also in the Condor Legion in Spain. Plus, I know that your’s would look fantastic and it would be cool to have Stukas in all the different colors. Just an idea.

I agree, Pz IV, Stuka, and a 250, 251, or Sdkfz 7 for the mech. We will round out the Axis Minors in all the previous colors and fill in the holes.

• '10

The ME262 is smaller than I expected. The DO17 wings look kind of like glider wings. All the others are very nice looking. Thanks, HBG for the extra Tigers. I think I have all the Tigers I will ever need now.

• Gents,

I Will be using all the extra pre-WWI Battleships for inclusion Imperious Leaders WWI game.
    Just need a Grand Fleet pre-Dreadnought built to even out the WW1 Fleets.
    I have not received mine yet, but I am expecting them this week.  I will offer my comment on them after I receive them.

WARRIOR888

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Excellent new German pieces… definitely the best HBG set yet. Great quality and service. Highly recommended.

The Tigers are quite exceptional. Mechanized infantry are also impressive. The heavy artillery are very cool. The light carrier is surprisingly detailed. I do love the Ju-488 heavy bombers and the Me-262s. All around a great set.

• Customizer

Here’s a couple of comparison pics for those of you that haven’t seen them yet. A top view and a front view.
    HBG Tiger –- OOB 1941 Tiger — OOB Panther
    HBG 251 Halftrack — OOB 251 Halftrack

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the HBG Tigers even include the little rear mud-flaps? Now THAT’S some incredible detail. Only thing missing is the hull-mounted machine gun barrel, which is a little disappointing…HA HA, Just kidding. These pieces are GREAT!

DSC04284.JPG
    DSC04285.JPG

• Gents,

As promised here my take on Coach’s new German units.
    Tiger E1 is Excellent, compares in size to DAVCO 1/300 Tiger E1s in metal.  This unit has great detail.
    PZ II will round my Afrika Korps Divisions and the 2 mgs are a great detail.
    Heavy Artillery is really an awesome unit, even better than the metal ones I own.
    Paras are totally cool units.
    Battleships have fantastic detail and the light carrier is spot on to the pictures I have of the proposed designs.
    D0-17 is an interesting aircraft. I personally would not have wanted to fly one.
    German Heavy Bomber is totally cool.  Need some B-29 Super Fortresses to counter them.
    ME-110 Fighter  and the Junkers transport are well designed.
    The ME-262 is in the right scale, they were not large jets.  Will need Some British Gloster Metors to compete with them.
    Or just paint up a bunch of RED TAILS ON P-51s for the Tuskegee Airmen.
    The Super Sub will make a great Milch cow for the smaller OOB subs.

Coach, all in all a well designed bunch of German units.
    Waiting to see what you create for the Japanese and French next.  Keep up the Superb work and again Thank You for giving us some new and unique units to field in our favorite game.

WARRIOR888

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@WARRIOR888:

The ME-262 is in the right scale, they were not large jets.  Will need Some British Gloster Metors to compete with them.

Yeah, saw one at the US Air Force Museum a few weeks back and was surprised how small it actually was.

• Customizer

@LHoffman:

@WARRIOR888:

The ME-262 is in the right scale, they were not large jets.  Will need Some British Gloster Metors to compete with them.

Yeah, saw one at the US Air Force Museum a few weeks back and was surprised how small it actually was.

––A new sound to be heard at A&A games round the world:

zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!

“Tall Paul”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m