• @Mallery29:

NO, the cruiser!

Oh that, if I am to attack it, I would use a bomber, no FTR there. FTR are saved for future carrier fleet, there is no point in carrier if I can’t fill it with 2 FTR.

Or instead of attacking German cruiser, I can consider attacking Libya on UK1 turn, with 1 INF, 1 Art, 1 Armor, 1 Bomber + 1 FTR from Egypt + 1 FTR from Carrier outside India. That pretty much facks up any German attempt to try to take Egypt on G2 turn. Germany would have to have like 6 units on Libya + 1 FTR to prevent this from happening when UK1 turn starts.

• TripleA

Don’t hit egypt till G2? Why would you wait? That is money, just like in the old revised it always goes on round 1.

• TripleA

Thanks for supporting my point. Tanks are expencive as you say and I “don’t want to buy them” , correct. Difference between you and me are that you want to throw tanks away, I want to keep them and artilleries BEHIND a huge stack of INF. Germany has resources to trade, they have 10 Tanks for Gods sake, Russia only 4! You trade 2, that’s 50% of Russian tanks, all bye bye.

I am aggressive with Russia when needed, choosing my battles carefully, this is especially the case in this version where Russia IS weaker now, and the mistake you are making is saying that “nothing has changed”, oh it has, definitely. Russia is weaker, Germany is stronger, and no fighter from Ukraine can reach Egypt now, and Tanks cost 6 now, this is completely new game. If you think it’s the same, you need to continue to play 2009-version then.

You mean 2004, the 2009 version was a joke that doesn’t exist.

I don’t support your point. He has to use firepower to kill your tanks on the counter attack unless he wants to use his air there, which is less air for other battles.

You are not seeing the big picture. That is why you fail. Allies always play the big picture, and the big picture says, it forces 1 more battle than germany would otherwise like.

• @Cow:

Don’t hit egypt till G2? Why would you wait? That is money, just like in the old revised it always goes on round 1.

I’d like to have the option to backdoor Caucus/India/China…I’ve been burned enough times in 42.1 with only having the tank or no tank (even with the air support)…I would still do it in 42.1, but I’ve ate poop enough times that the extra unit is enough (and now NO air support)…I know its probably not ballsy enough…sorry to disappoint…I’ll hit Gib G1 (I know, no value, but it protects the BB from Bomber/FTR attack…but if the UK or US player is sleeping/overconfident and doesn’t eliminate the CA/Trans in Baltic (they should though) I can go for UK/Brazil and still hit G2 in Egypt. (Uk could be tasty with all my FTRs and Bombers nearby).

Axis, you bring your bomber down, I’ll nuke that too…don’t make it easy for me!

• TripleA

bomber lands safely behind with more units. It is a worth it attack.  UK would otherwise hit japan instead it is hitting 1-2 units on egypt.

• @Cow:

So you are attacking Ukraine on R1 with only one fighter?  Seems risky.

Russia has tanks and arty and inf in caucasus. You don’t have the balls to attack? Seriously? you can all in west russia as well. No balls for that either?

Man how do you not lose every game? You are so predictable. the fighter for egypt makes it hold as he can only get 4 guys and a bomber on it. vs 3 guys and 2 fighters.

That is a bomber not sinking a battleship.

The aggressive player gets all the advantages, because he forces you to make choices instead of being able to do a little bit of everything.

G1 starts with many battles, I just prefer to add more so he can’t do them all. That is standard 1942 play.

With russia slamming in, how can he possibly keep the united kingdom at bay?

IT IS CALLED WRESTLING THE ALIGATOR, WHICH IS WHAT WW2 EUROPE WAS ALL ABOUT THE RUSSIANS COME IN ALL CRAZYLIKE TRYING TO GRAB THE MOUTH WHILE UK KEEPS THE TAIL FROM SLAPPING EVERYONE SILLY AND AMERICA PUNCHES THE BEAST IN THE GUT TO KEEP IT FROM SWALLOWING SOMEONE WHOLE. PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT HAS BEEN TRADITIONALLY PLAYED FOR 8 YEARS BEFORE GIVING AN ANALYSIS. THIS MEANS NORWAY/WESTEUROPE/NORTH IS ALL UK, EAST IS ALL RUSSIA, SOUTH IS ALL USA SOMETIMES UK AND USA MERGES TOGETHER ON THE WEST. PLAY THE GAME.

great analogy Cow

• quote]

You mean 2004, the 2009 version was a joke that doesn’t exist.

I don’t support your point. He has to use firepower to kill your tanks on the counter attack unless he wants to use his air there, which is less air for other battles.

You are not seeing the big picture. That is why you fail. Allies always play the big picture, and the big picture says, it forces 1 more battle than germany would otherwise like.

–---------------------------------

Lol, I do see the BIG picture, that is why I am one step ahead of you.

Again, let me sum up your arguments
    According to yourself:

1. All versions are the same, nothing has changed
    2. Tanks sucks big time, let’s just throw them away
    3. Russia should attack everything like a zombie, no matter where they attack
    4. And finally, you want to give Germany 1 more battle

Now, this should not be necessary for me to repeat, but I have too:

1. Russia is weaker now, Germany is stronger, and all the versions ARE different no matter if you played 2004 or 2009, this is 2012, deal with it

2. German FTR from Ukraine can NOT attack Egypt this time, it can’t even get to the UK DD to attack it

3. Tanks are more expencive now! Russia has 4, Germany has 10 Tanks, and I am NOT including the one from Libya. Now, what you want to do is to reduce number of Russian tanks from 4 to 2. Germany’s number of tanks goes down from 10 to 9. You call that smart?  Number of Russian Artilleries goes down from 3 to 2 according to your strategy.

4. And you say you’ll give Germany 1 more battle, I AM GIVING Germany 1 more battle, in Belarus ! NOT Ukraine, see the difference here or is it still hard to see it?

Now, furthermore, after you are done with R1 turn, and Germany does with G1 turn, losing only 1 German INF to slaughter your Russian tanks in Ukraine, this is the score:

Score for what Russia has to use on the start of R2 turn according to your strategy:

Offensive weapons: 2 tanks, 2 artilleries and 2 FTR

Now, MINE Strategy, for what Russia can and will have resources to use on the start of R2 Turn:

Offensive weapons: 4 tanks + I buy 1 more tank + 6 INF = 5 tanks in my arsenal , still 3 artilleries and 2 FTR.

Now you either have to be blind or very stubborn in a reckless way in order to still deny that it is I, who has definitely far superior Russian Force on the start of R2 turn, which will give German troops some serious problems if Germans starts "stacking anything on Ukraine on G1 turn. It’s NOT going to be pretty for German troops on Ukraine when R2 turn starts. This is a PURE fact. Not to mention that UK2 turn could build some serious brutal Naval Power if they save most of the cash from 1st round. I can as already mentioned build on UK1 turn also. And Germany can NOT have 5 FTR defending Ukraine and having them in France at the same time, LOL.

• @Mallery29:

@Cow:

Axis, you bring your bomber down, I’ll nuke that too…don’t make it easy for me!

I can’t see what you have “nuked” so far. Last night, I took out your German troops on Libya on my UK1 turn, and I can land the bomber on Egypt, move 1 UK INF from Syria to Egypt + land 1 FTR on Egypt while the other FTR is on Indian Carrier. The whole UK Indian fleet, I can move to the Sea Zone between Ethiopia and Magadaskar, which is out of the reach for Japanese Fleet. And I still have a small UK fleet on Australia I can use to take islands from Japan.

I’ll use UK Transport from India to transport to Egypt another 1 INF, which means UK should have 2 INF on Egypt + 1 Bomber + 1 FTR, and no German troops on Libya.

• @Cow:

Some are waiting because, unlike the old revised, there are NO German fighters in range of Egypt on G1.  In old revised Germany had one or two fighters in range, depending on if the Ukraine fighter survived R1.  (Which is one reason why in old revised I made it a point to hit Ukraine on R1.  This is a different game though).

Also I beleive the UK has one more unit in Egypt in this version as compared to old Revised.

So the BEST attack Germany can do to Egypt on G1 is 2 Inf 2 Tanks 1 Bomber : 5 count, 12 oPunch
    Vs. 1 Inf 1 Art 1 Tank 1 Figher: 4 count, 11 dPunch

Yes Germany is favored but it is not a lock to win, so some players are waiting until G2 to hit Egypt hoping to smash it with overwhelming force, or intimidating UK into abandoning it UK1.  Though it is sounding like a UK1 pre-emptive strike on Libya may throw a monkey wrench into that plan.

• If you don’t attack Ukraine, then I can put a FTR or two down there and still be in position to take UK on G2.  If its one FTR, it is only 51%, and down to 17% for you.  You leave Germany so many options by not attacking Ukraine.  Even if I don’t, on G2 you surely will lose that FTR and Bomber in Egypt…but “be my guest, be my guest, put your suicide move to the test”.

Save your pathetic fleet for what, a turn or two? Once you are pinched by the Indies/Caroline fleet, India will be squished like a bug.

• @Mallery29:

If you don’t attack Ukraine, then I can put a FTR or two down there and still be in position to take UK on G2.  If its one FTR, it is only 51%, and down to 17% for you.  You leave Germany so many options by not attacking Ukraine.  Even if I don’t, on G2 you surely will lose that FTR and Bomber in Egypt…but “be my guest, be my guest, put your suicide move to the test”.

Save your pathetic fleet for what, a turn or two? Once you are pinched by the Indies/Caroline fleet, India will be squished like a bug.

It is not I who had strategies 2-3 days ago which were attacking German Battleship outside Syria and BS like that, and then preparing to lose even more fighters from London on UK2 against another German fleet.

My strategy keeps ALL 4 UK FTR and 1 Bomber ALIVE. No you can’t take Egypt from UK just because you fly FTR down to Libya. I can reinforce Egypt with the same troops and wait for you to attack, be my guest, UK can basically have there 4 INF, 1 ART, 1 Armor + 2 FTR waiting for your what, 4 to 6 German units and 1 FTR, lol, be my guest, we’ll see who would win that, while you have to think of Russia and UK building it’s fleet outside London. Point is, no Ukraine FTR is going to make you take Egypt , EVER, If I as UK player want to hold Egypt, I will hold it, with NO problem on when you start your G2 turn.

First you have to “pinch” the UK fleet, in order to do that, you need to be 2 spaces from them, not gonna happen, as you can see.

• Read and learn….I never said your fleet was the target…once its in a corner, India will fall (what resistance is your pathetic little fleet going to muster)

• @Mallery29:

Read and learn….I never said your fleet was the target…once its in a corner, India will fall (what resistance is your pathetic little fleet going to muster)

LOL, now you must explain how you plan to “corner” my fleet? I already win just there by making you chase me around for nothing, having your Japanese boats trying to “corner me” in.
    As long as my fleet is around there, it is clearly pain in the a-hole for Japan of course. You never now when I can build more boats with that existing fleet. Taking India is not that easy, do try. As you can see, just forget Egypt, not happening.

Another option I have, is just to let UK Fleet stay on India, except Transport, and I can build 2 Naval units with that fleet. That makes it very hard for Japan to attack it. As you can see, UK has a fleet it can expand on heavily if needed, yes it will be less cash for the UK, however, there is no problem clearly in holdning both Egypt/Africa AND India.

• Ahh…I see you work one turn at a time…

• TripleA

IMO got to kill that german fighter on R1.

Germany has like 4 naval batles ahead of him, bship, whatever the 2 subs hit, 2 other naval from uk.

Saving egypt allows uk to bomber + fighter the battleship transport, unless it goes to gib, but making him go to gib is 2 less units being shipped to africa that turn.

This is the whole point. You save egypt, you can get india fleet into the med. Now germany is faced with two fleets to sink and he has one less fighter than he otherwise would normally have for round 2. Germany can’t do Africa, that is big, now allies don’t have to send stuff to a logistically far away place.

Soothsayin know what I am sayin?

The aggressive strategy has always been the standard for 1942.Ukraine is good, forces germany to use tanks. Germany tanks are more important than russian tanks, because germany can do a “surge” strategy preventing UK / USA from getting a foothold on europe. You have to make an exchange of units otherwise you’ll end up getting surged and look stupid.

• @Cow:

IMO got to kill that german fighter on R1.

Germany has like 4 naval batles ahead of him, bship, whatever the 2 subs hit, 2 other naval from uk.

Saving egypt allows uk to bomber + fighter the battleship transport, unless it goes to gib, but making him go to gib is 2 less units being shipped to africa that turn.

This is the whole point. You save egypt, you can get india fleet into the med. Now germany is faced with two fleets to sink and he has one less fighter than he otherwise would normally have.

Soothsayin know what I am sayin?

The aggressive strategy has always been the standard for 1942.Ukraine is good, forces germany to use tanks. Germany tanks are more important than russian tanks.

I can still send Indian fleet to Egypt and let Germany face 2 fleets, it’s not like I gave up Egypt ? Egypt is saved with my strategy anyway, just read how I can choose to defend it, there is nothing Germany can do to take Egypt on G1 except being a basically 55-45 fight in German favor, losing a lot of forces and risking a German bomber.

I don’t want to abandon India, on the contrary, I might even reinforce the UK Fleet there, to make the headache for Japan complete.

Do please tell what Germany can “stack” on Ukraine on G1 before I choose to slaughter that on R2 turn, with 3 men supported by 3 artilleries, 5 tanks, 2 FTR and a whole lot of INF as a shield. Russia can take Ukraine anyway on R2 turn, nothing Germany can do to prevend that, unless a lot of Germans want to die of course.

• TripleA

Also the funny thing is, instead of buyin this game, all I did was sharpee in the territory values on the bottom, sharpee a few lines to make the 1942 seazones, and sharpee a few lines to make the new territories. Printed the setup.

It wasn’t exactly different from the 1941 game. Only 4 territories needed to get sharpeed in, like 6 sea zones. and the values e z enough to sharpee in. Plus I can just ignore the sharpee marks to play a 1941 game.
    ~

Germany should go into egypt round 1. Why would he not? 5v4 ain’t that risky.

• TripleA

Ran the calc, 73% chance to win with 1.69 units left.

In other words 73% of the time you kill everything and walk out with a bomber. 36% of the time you kill everything and have 1 or more armor units left. He must use transport to take back egypt.
    ~

I’d do gibraltar if I was trying to merge the baltic fleet with that fleet. I’d do libya if I was buying naval for southern europe.

No naval purchase -> hitting egypt round 1. You may as well.
    ~
    The nice thing is if you take egypt, chances are he will use the transport to kill your armor instead of taking borneo. That frees up a japan transport for other things.
    ~
    check it out, G1 he probably wants to use 2 sub 2 fighter to sink the bship + 1 russian sub (this is a minimal attack). that leaves 1 fighter 1 bomber to kill cruiser (minimal attack). 1 fighter and 1 cruiser to go elsewhere.

unless germany buys naval for his battleship. uk goes OK got a destroyer in the med, got a bomber… attack battleship! 51% win 25% draw 24% lose.

Because transports don’t defend themselves, 1942 opens up lots of gambling possibilities, in fact you should gamble. Not gambling is like folding pocket queens when you put your opponent on ace king, this is a dice game, you are gambling by nature.

Most players come to play, so you may as well play, because if you don’t you will just cry about getting diced.
    ~
    you don’t have to reinforce egypt, but you do have to kill ukraine, it is a free fighter kill, why are you passing that up?

• @Cow:

Because transports don’t defend themselves, 1942 opens up lots of gambling possibilities, in fact you should gamble. Not gambling is like folding pocket queens when you put your opponent on ace king, this is a dice game, you are gambling by nature.

Most players come to play, so you may as well play, because if you don’t you will just cry about getting diced.

And this is the problem…… You should NOT gamble. Your goal should be to play well enough to force your opponent into gambling. When you do that, you are trying to put him/her in a position where their odds are poor but they have no other option to win.

Sure, when they lose they can say they got “diced”…but they really didnt. They got outplayed.

• TripleA

outplayed? Taking above 50% odds is playing well.

My whole point is, you can’t skip ukraine on Russia 1, that is just stupid. There is a fighter there, you have to kill it, there is no logical reason not to.
    ~
    As far as G1 opener goes, if egypt lives, uk has a 65% shot at sinking japan’s battleship carrier 2 fighter. (forgot what the draw % is).

Passing up on good attacks has cascading consequences. I would only do this if I was trying to merge that fleet with a sea lion purchase in the baltic sea or if I bought naval for southern europe.

In a standard game, yeah I’d sink that so America can have some kind of pacific strategy. Total victory game, I ignore the pacific entirely and rush for berlin.

The game is setup so there is lots of action on round 1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m