USA
    China, France

Do not do this lol
    It will break the balance of the game.

1 -You can combine Germany with Japan if both are not a war with Russia
    2 -You can do China and USA turns simultaneously for most the game
    3 -Use lowlouck dice
    4 -use a timer

other than those 4 things theres not much you can do without changing the game

I would never combine Italy with Germany or Uk with Anzac

• I agree. Putting Euro Axis together takes away can opening but it also makes Euro Axis very strong…

• Germany/Italy combined would be unbeatable, totally absurd to run these 2 together

Combining UK and ANZAC would not even come close to making up for it (UK/ANZAC income still split up where Italy can spend its money right alongside Germany in the same theater)

• It’s not hard: When USSR and/or US aren’t at war and there’s no DOW’s coming (round 1, 2 and maybe 3) run all those together if possible. Or do Germany and Russia together, and Japan and US together. You can also tack on France with that if they aren’t fighting together with anyone.

• @Uncrustable:

@empireman:

have people go on same turn…. Like this:

Germany, Italy
    Russia
    Japan
    Uk, ANZAC
    USA
    China, France

Do not do this lol
    It will break the balance of the game.

1 -You can combine Germany with Japan if both are not a war with Russia
    2 -You can do China and USA turns simultaneously for most the game
    3 -Use lowlouck dice
    4 -use a timer

other than those 4 things theres not much you can do without changing the game

I would never combine Italy with Germany or Uk with Anzac

How about:
    Germany
    Russia
    Japan
    USA, China
    UK (europe and Pacific)
    Anzac, France
    Italy

• i dont think that would do much to speed it up :P

France and china should not take more than a couple minutes max at any rate

• Yeah.

Here’s what I think (bare minimum for a 2-player game with some not at war and no DOW’s coming):
    Germany and Russia
    Japan and US
    China
    UK
    Italy and ANZAC (once those 2 inf. are gone)

• The best turns to combine are Japan and Russia, in most games they are not at war and both turns can take some time

• I bought a timer for our next game but am not sure how to use it. My initial guess would be set it for 10 minutes and when it goes off the person must finish whatever he is doing currently and then collect income.

• 3 minutes for purchase/repair phase

5 minutes for each following phase

On GTO for both 1942 and revised its 90sec for purchase/repair and 3min for the rest -this is standard
    Id say G40 requires more per phase however

• @Der:

I bought a timer for our next game but am not sure how to use it. My initial guess would be set it for 10 minutes and when it goes off the person must finish whatever he is doing currently and then collect income.

LOL

" Ok after this i am going to do a important move that will change the tide of the war, and make it impossible for the axis to win!" BEEEEPPPPP “ahhhh man”

• :-D Well - how many men did Stalin lose when he just sat at his desk the first few days of the German onslaught in shock and did nothing?

This would be a great rule for me cuz I work fast! Breaking everything up into three minutes sounds overly complicated - why not just one total block of time - “ding” - your done?

• @Der:

:-D Well - how many men did Stalin lose when he just sat at his desk the first few days of the German onslaught in shock and did nothing?

This would be a great rule for me cuz I work fast! Breaking everything up into three minutes sounds overly complicated - why not just one total block of time - “ding” - your done?

Splitting it up is actually much easier.
    It is how it is done over at gametableonline for revised and 1942 editions.

Your forced to alot your time per phase, it eliminates the possibly of players using all their time on the first couple of phases then having no time for noncombat moves, this creates very bad games.

• Yeah - I see what you mean there….

• @empireman:

@Der:

I bought a timer for our next game but am not sure how to use it. My initial guess would be set it for 10 minutes and when it goes off the person must finish whatever he is doing currently and then collect income.

LOL

" Ok after this i am going to do a important move that will change the tide of the war, and make it impossible for the axis to win!" BEEEEPPPPP “ahhhh man”

Anyone? :?

• That’s really, really not funny

• Again:

1. Stalin lost ground because he didn’t have his act together
    2. The allies lost Norway because they didn’t have their act together
    3. The USA lost the Phillipines because they didn’t have their act together

I could go on and on historically - the point is if a player does not have his act together and is taking too much time, that inconveniences everyone else and should penalize him. A timer is a sound idea and based in reality - who can debate that decisiveness was an important trait during WWII? Did the Germans say “go ahead Joseph Stalin, take all the time you need to figure out what to do - we’ll wait for you?”

To me the only possible debate is the method of implementing the timer.

• @techroll42:

That’s really, really not funny

THATS FUNNY!!! (your post is funny)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m