• i need a board twice the size of the original A&A. does anyone know who/how. also–soon will share some great new variations on the game. pretty sure they will catch your attention. t’anks!

• On 2001-11-07 14:53, yamamoto wrote:
    i need a board twice the size of the original A&A. does anyone know who/how. also–soon will share some great new variations on the game. pretty sure they will catch your attention. t’anks!

I’ve been wanting a larger board for A&A for years. What I’ve done was taken some of the different map files that I’ve found and enlarged them with a grapics program. I use Photo Suite for Win 95. I found that any one of them works as long as it has a resize option and a Stretch To Fit New Size option. You will find that you will end up with some big files. You’ll also have to fiddle around with the clarity too. The bigger it gets, the more you’ll have to mess around with the picture. Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Jeff

• '19 Moderator

A friend of mine took his board to a reprographics place and had them color photocopy and enlarge it to like 6 feet long. However 200 bucks is a steep price to pay.
    I have just finnished reproduceing the map in AutoCAD. I dont have a color plotter so I will have to have it printed. I don’t know the cost yet.

• Founder TripleA Admin

If you have a little bit of artistic ability, you can take the time and paint your own board. One of my friends did this. First, get a giant piece of plywood. Sand it until it is smooth. Cover it with a few coats of primer paint. Then get some acrylic hobby paints and go to work. If you want your country labels to look nice, you can get some of those transferable letters. Then when you are done you can put some sort of sealant on it. It’s a ton of work but the finished product is incredible.

• On 2001-11-16 14:22, djensen wrote:
    If you have a little bit of artistic ability, you can take the time and paint your own board. One of my friends did this. First, get a giant piece of plywood. Sand it until it is smooth. Cover it with a few coats of primer paint. Then get some acrylic hobby paints and go to work. If you want your country labels to look nice, you can get some of those transferable letters. Then when you are done you can put some sort of sealant on it. It’s a ton of work but the finished product is incredible.

I was thinking of doing that too. Then I decided to just print out a black and white map, jigsaw it together and paint it on a piece of plywood like you mentioned. I’m gonna try it first with a smaller print out to see how it comes out. I wanna try and make the board 4’ X 6’. Even 1/2" plywood is still going to be relatively heavy. I look forward to trying this soon.
    I seen in another post that someone blew up a map and it cost them 200.00! That’s a little more than I’d be willing to pay. I wonder how much a B&W map would be to make. You can always color it in yourself. I would use a B&W one as a pattern for one I’d paint on wood.

Regards,
    Jeff

• Maps are fun to create, in fact I highly recommend trying to make your own A&A games with your home made maps. I’m currently in the process of making a WWIII map. I may just end up using the 1939: World at War map though.

• **Test… (new here, and just testing the forums limitations for HTML and UBB).

HEL Drunken Lies
    MW4 Founder
    Hell’s Elite Legions

[ This Message was edited by: Drunken Lies on 2001-11-18 20:08 ]****

• Hey Yanny, I was just reading through some of the old topics…did you end up making that WWIII board?

• Nope, gave up.

• May I inquire what were the countries at war?

• Sorry, just had to bring this topic back up to the top, so Yanny won’t miss it! Just cuz I’d like to know which countries were at were as well. (or which countries you planned to have at war…)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m