• What do you think of my new signature? It was said on July 20, 2001 to a BBC interviewer and then quoted in the Jerusalem Post.

• Disturbing, although nothing new. Several years ago the New York Times Saturday edition had a spread with much the same in much greater detail with pictures, etc.

• @cystic:

Disturbing, although nothing new. Several years ago the New York Times Saturday edition had a spread with much the same in much greater detail with pictures, etc.

I’m not sure what to think of the New York Times, especially after the whole thing they did with Tuvia Grossman, which I think was very disgusting and shows how the media can easily manipulate pictures and facts.

• @EmuGod:

@cystic:

Disturbing, although nothing new. Several years ago the New York Times Saturday edition had a spread with much the same in much greater detail with pictures, etc.

I’m not sure what to think of the New York Times, especially after the whole thing they did with Tuvia Grossman, which I think was very disgusting and shows how the media can easily manipulate pictures and facts.

well, they did back up your quote to a significant degree. Maybe they were manipulating something then . . . .

• I like to think that they’ve learned from that incident. From what I’ve heard, they have been pretty good since but other papers still twist images. The Globe and Mail is a good example. They once had an article about Palestinians who were shot by Israeli forces at the Western Wall and their handprints of blood were left there. They had a photo of the handprints. These handprints were very neat for people who had just been shot. It looked like someone stamped them on the Western Wall, as opposed to someone putting their hands there and then falling to the floor, dragigng their whole hand down to the bottom and ruining the bottom of the handprint.

• I try to look forward instead of backward.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m