KIF + KA(nzac)F = Kill Commonwealth First

• Is there any way to mesh Kill India First and Kill ANZAC First to create a Kill Commonwealth First? Ideas and proven strategies both welcome.  :?

• buy a navel base for hainan. Then you can go everywhere from there. And your fleet from japan can reach India in 2 moves with land units. They can also reach most of australia… Then it is easy to defend because of location…

• I’ve been thinking about Italy going for India to free Japan up for Australia. So far, it seems that Italy can’t break through Egypt and the Suez canal fast enough.

• '12

India Crush is the way to go… if the UK player sees it coming they will turtle up in Calcutta and do an all Inf buy; however, I find that if you go “all in”  with Japan and hit it with everything the odds are excellent that you can take India.

One tip:  On the turn that you declare war with the UK, use the Japanese strategic bomber to hit the Calcutta factory right away.  This will hamper the number of Inf that the UK player can pump out.

Once Calcutta falls, go after ANZAC.

• @coolrunner:

buy a navel base for hainan. Then you can go everywhere from there. And your fleet from japan can reach India in 2 moves with land units. They can also reach most of australia… Then it is easy to defend because of location…

Minor IC requires a 2 space.  Major a 3.  Hainan has a value of Zero.  No IC can be built.

• @AllyAxis:

@coolrunner:

buy a navel base for hainan. Then you can go everywhere from there. And your fleet from japan can reach India in 2 moves with land units. They can also reach most of australia… Then it is easy to defend because of location…

Minor IC requires a 2 space.  Major a 3.  Hainan has a value of Zero.  No IC can be built.

French Indo china is attractive after War is fully engaged with the US.  course fighters cannot reach India for SBR unless they can land in Burma or on a carrier .  an Airbase could be attracive in Indo china.  but not sure if its worth the cost  since carriers in SZ39 could do the trick .  I suspect that UK wouldn’t have much of a navy there in SZ39 to oppose Japan.  I like to SBR India as soon as I can to keep their limited resources tied up in rebuilding calcutta and fewer units to oppose me on mainland Asia for the Allies.

• Well when I want to get India I like to take French Indo-China on J1 and build a minor IC on J2. This would be getting ready to strike before America is ready to strike. What’s good is that you can have a great place to pump infantry and armor and fight India with. Not to mention a great place to get transports from Japan to unload. The best is that even if the Allies capture it they can’t use it as long as France stays occupied on the Europe map. SCORE. Infact the only bad thing is that you kick the 10 IPC bonus. This can also be shut down if America starts building boats on the Pacific side. That means Japan has to to, in other words killing the land operation. China is suicide for your resources….

• @AllyAxis:

@coolrunner:

Very true.  However, that restriction does not apply to Naval Bases or Airbases.  They can be built on any territory provided it was not captured that turn.  Naval Bases have the added restriction that they must be built on a territory with a coastline or on an island (obviously).

Personally, the Hainan island Naval Base is always in my J1 purchase and I usually consolidate the entire fleet there J1.  It forces an a very defensive build for UK(pacific) and forces them to consolidate everything to protect Calcutta.  It also makes for a great naval “triangle” between Hainan, Japan and the Carolines.

• @urmomsmom7:

Well when I want to get India I like to take French Indo-China on J1 and build a minor IC on J2. This would be getting ready to strike before America is ready to strike. What’s good is that you can have a great place to pump infantry and armor and fight India with. Not to mention a great place to get transports from Japan to unload. The best is that even if the Allies capture it they can’t use it as long as France stays occupied on the Europe map. SCORE. Infact the only bad thing is that you kick the 10 IPC bonus. This can also be shut down if America starts building boats on the Pacific side. That means Japan has to to, in other words killing the land operation. China is suicide for your resources….

Isn’t it exactly the other way around?
    If Paris has fallen, FIC will be for the nation that recaptures it from Japan, until France gets liberated. Only then it will become french again.

• @Eclipse:

@AllyAxis:

@coolrunner:

Very true.  However, that restriction does not apply to Naval Bases or Airbases.  They can be built on any territory provided it was not captured that turn.  Naval Bases have the added restriction that they must be built on a territory with a coastline or on an island (obviously).

Personally, the Hainan island Naval Base is always in my J1 purchase and I usually consolidate the entire fleet there J1.  It forces an a very defensive build for UK(pacific) and forces them to consolidate everything to protect Calcutta.  It also makes for a great naval “triangle” between Hainan, Japan and the Carolines.

heck ya. I will have to try this strat next time I’m the Axis.  this recent game I didn’t go for the Pacific map,  but maybe next time I will .  seems totally logical for me to do both.  build a naval base and an IC and then upgrade it later to launch attacks into India and then western australia.  Of course I would need to take burma to get all the planes there,  but there are always plenty on carriers and such to fight it out with.  the tough part is getting Australia afterwards,  but I believe that if I can get India early enough anzac would have wasted resources on subs and bombers and such instead of immediately preparing for its defense.  I could get lucky and the allied player may never see that his navy and capitol are under serious threat,  but I doubt it.  Only thing is if I do take FIC and US enters the war,  I better have also hit the Aleutian Islands and the Phillipines on J1 ( US 10 IPC’s NO’s) and I’m not sure if I’m so ready to spread out so much on J1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m