• just curious did anyone buy the italian ones and if u did, do they look better than w their current german equipment?

• I ordered the italien units on 30th of November. I had paid for them, but i havn’t seen any of them yet. Yes it is over 8 months ago… But i am looking forward to get them if i ever will. Are there others like me, who ordered these unit but havn’t got them

• '22 '21 '16 '15

yes me too, I paid last december, and wait till than

• I don’t want to jinx it  but FMG made it sound like it will be this month on the Italians and the Germans are not far behind. He is already showing sculpts of the USA on the other thread. The british,anzac and canadians will follow after USA.

• Oh wow tats quite a while to wait for the units, well hopfully FMG ships them out soon and makes more cuz I was interested in ordering some

• @afrothunder12:

Oh wow tats quite a while to wait for the units, well hopfully FMG ships them out soon and makes more cuz I was interested in ordering some

There has been delay after delay with the factory (Sculpts incorrect, the mould was completed but damaged and had to be remade/reshipped to the factory) but they’re on their way very soon!

And after the learning curve and delays of the Italian set I’m quite sure things have been smoothed over and the rest of the sets will be much easier and quicker to hit production.

• Customizer

Yeah, I did the pre-order in November too.  It is frustrating to have it take so long, but maybe when they actually get here, it will make it seem even better.

The last update Jeremy got from the factory was that final production pieces should be done by the end of last month (July).  If that holds true, I would count on at least a couple of weeks for them to ship to FMG and for FMG to ship to all of us.  So, with any luck, most of us should be getting our orders approximately mid-August or so.

Also, like gamegeek said, most of the bugs were worked out with the Italians.  The Germans are coming along much quicker.  Plus, if they sell out of Italian sets, which I think they will at first, it should be much easier and quicker to get more.

• '10

@knp7765:

Yeah, I did the pre-order in November too.  It is frustrating to have it take so long, but maybe when they actually get here, it will make it seem even better.

The last update Jeremy got from the factory was that final production pieces should be done by the end of last month (July).  If that holds true, I would count on at least a couple of weeks for them to ship to FMG and for FMG to ship to all of us.  So, with any luck, most of us should be getting our orders approximately mid-August or so.

Also, like gamegeek said, most of the bugs were worked out with the Italians.  The Germans are coming along much quicker.  Plus, if they sell out of Italian sets, which I think they will at first, it should be much easier and quicker to get more.

Waiting on word from Factory.  Last news was that they were done and going into packaging….  Fingers crossed.

Just remember this:  This only became a reality because of those out there that have pre-ordered and patiently waited for the process to complete.  THANKS AGAIN

• Thank you FMG for putting in the time and effort to do this. Your effort is greatly appreciated I hope it is rewarding for you.

• @afrothunder12:

just curious did anyone buy the italian ones and if u did, do they look better than w their current german equipment?

Put them side by side and you will never want to look at the out of box pieces again … just sayin’.
    (yes, I’ve seen the samples in person … All I can do is /drool)

• really thought tis post was gonna go unnoticed lol glad tat it got some good feed back :) im taking ur word in the looks Rorschach, as soon as the FMG has them labled in stock again im ordering them :)

• A lot of guys out there said they want to use these pieces with the current ones I think once they see these they will put the others in storage or sell them.

• Customizer

Yeah Dave, that used to be my sentiments.  I had planed on using the FMG pieces with the OOB pieces for a greater variety of units.  That was why I argued for totally different models with the Germans, with the exception of the Bismarck and Graf Zepplin.  The Bismarck really is, in my opinion, the best choice for representing a German Battleship and as for the Graf Zepplin, well, that was the only Aircraft Carrier Germany had in WW2, and it never even got finished.
    I also argued for black German pieces rather than grey so I could use them with OOB pieces.  Even after seeing the much greater detail on the Italians, I wasn’t quite convinced because OOB has the Italians using all German equipment and really these were the first uniquely Italian models.
    Then I saw the first sculpts of the Germans, and a little later the pre-production moulds.  Just looking at FMG’s Bismarck and Graf Zepplin I could tell they would put OOB pieces to shame in the level of detail and craftsmanship.  Now, I don’t think I will want to use them together and, like you said, either store my OOB pieces away or possibly sell them on eBay.
    Plus, I am glad that FMG is planning on making Germans in grey, since in the majority of WW2 games Germany is represented in grey anyway.  ALthough, I guess they are making both grey and black so that issue is kind of null and void.  I will probably get 5 sets of BOTH colors, but I still don’t think I will mix FMG & OOB.
    WOTC originally came out with Germans in a grey color, I think it was close to what FMG’s grey will be.  Sometimes you can find them in old copies of Revised.  It’s a shame they didn’t stick with that color instead.

• I wish for the Germans he would have done the Mark 4 or Mark 5 and the Tiger but I will get over it. I wasn’t trying to give anybody a hard time about using the old with the new Ken especially you.  I just think these units are at least a couple of notches above WOTC. I like the Germans in grey too. Maybe if Jeremy makes a lot of money he will do other nations in other colors. Japan mustard or white. Italy Light grey or dark green.  Lets hope they are as good as they look.

• Customizer

Hmmm, interesting.  I wouldn’t want Japanese in white since I use white Xeno infantry to represent strict neutrals, but that mustard color sounds pretty cool.  I would also like the Italians in light grey better than the current brown.  Then we wouldn’t have people complaining that the Italians look like the Russians.  Although, I think FMG’s Russians will be a lighter shade, more of a burgandy like in earlier versions of A&A Europe from 1999 so they should be easily distinguishable from the Italians.
    You don’t want dark green Italians.  Then you would be mixing them up with the US Marines from HBG.  I think FMG’s USA units will be about the same color.  Check your US combat dice.

• Customizer

Hey Jeremy,
    I was curious about how the combat pieces will come to you.  Are the Chinese going to divide them up into the saleable sets?  OR, will you just be getting a big box of tanks, a big box of battleships, a big box of bombers, etc. and have to count them out into the sets there?

• '10

They are sorting them and bagging them into sets.  This has been taking additional time.

When they arrive they will be bagged, counted and boxed.  Very professionally

• '10

There have been so many posts I have forgotten when we can preorder the German units. FMG, can you remind me again?

• '10

@Fishmoto37:

There have been so many posts I have forgotten when we can preorder the German units. FMG, can you remind me again?

I am not taking any Germany pre-orders until ITALY has shipped…  which will be very soon.

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Fishmoto37:

I am not taking any Germany pre-orders until ITALY has shipped…  which will be very soon.

OK, thanks for the info.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m