• @TheDefinitiveS:

Try a Naval base in Iceland. A bit expensive to set up but you then have the option to keep going with Sealion or you can make it to EUS or somewhere in Canada.

You can reach at the same interesting territories (and more) from SZ 91 assuming you hold Gibraltar, so I don’t really think this has any merit.

• knp7765 @
    Interesting game report, but I don’t think we should evaluate this strategy based on a scenario where the invasion of France failed.

What about UK support to the US? Could that mess with the odds? I mean once the Germans land in C.US the UK should realize that they are off the hook. They could pump out quite a few units (tanks?) in Canada and send planes from the UK.

Should the Germans divert rosources to take out Quebec early to prevent this?

• @ozimek1:

knp7765 @
    Interesting game report, but I don’t think we should evaluate this strategy based on a scenario where the invasion of France failed.

What about UK support to the US? Could that mess with the odds? I mean once the Germans land in C.US the UK should realize that they are off the hook. They could pump out quite a few units (tanks?) in Canada and send planes from the UK.

I think taking Quebec before the USA would trigger a massive and quick defensive build by USA. Better to take them more by surprised if possible. The best would be if you had enough troops to survive the UK Canadian build, which should be plausible if the move is a surprise. Then London should be stocked with infantry (KAF will look like Sealion) and not much additional in Canada.

I’m working on a plan for KAF as well, which will involve taking Gilbrata early and then a joint German/Italian invasion fleet should be able to hit East USA. The question is whether UK/USA thinks Germany will move in force to Africa/Med or identify the threat to the US.

• Customizer

@ozimek1:

knp7765 @

Yeah, I agree about the France part.  This scenario would have obviously went a lot better if Germany, and then Italy, hadn’t failed in taking France round 1.  I hope to try this again sometime in the future when hopefully our USA player has perhaps forgotten.
    About UK support;  they did try building a few units in Quebec and moved everything they had to British Columbia due to the massive Japanese buildup in the Pacific.  However, for the first 2 rounds, they were scared of Sealion so did all their building right on London.  When the German fleet went to SZ 91 turn 3, both the US and UK players realized Germany was trying something new.  UK did build a few more units in Quebec to help out the US, but even with the US in such trouble, UK was pretty busy trying to get destroyers in the water to get rid of the German subs which were convoy raiding UK like crazy.  Plus, they put a couple of tanks in South Africa to deal with the Italians from Central Africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m