• '22 '21 '16 '15

nice argument, i will try it

• Turkey, Sweden and Switzerland don’t become pro-Axis if you attack Spain or Portugal. They become pro-Axis if you attack one of the three, only.

• scramble 12 aircraft if you have morrocco oh yeah….and i dont think the neutrals work like that.

• They’re not.  I assume that MightyPol is confused.  Misread a rule, or the like.

• Yesterday I did it in a Real Life game.

My opponent didn’t expect that and after I said “America delcares war on ALL neutrals” and saw me moving 12 land troops from Gibraltar to Spain and 12 more land troops from transports in 101 to Spain, then landing all british aircrafts in Spain he said: OH SH1T!!

In fact, this saved me a LOT of time to intervene in Europe (It was btw after I contained Japan, with a moderate KJF strategy, a turtle UK in europe case he was treatening Sea Lion and turtle and retreat Russia)

The game ended arond turn 12 with him conceding with Japan reduced to 6 or 7 IPCs from Russian territories (Japan convoyed), Italy convoyed with US subs, and Germany close to Moscow but unable to take it.

I had Spain with waves and waves of troops from spain to normandy, southern france, france, north italy, a minor ic for building new ships if needed directly in sz91, or 3 tanks.

• @MightyPol:

Turkey, Sweden and Switzerland don’t become pro-Axis if you attack Spain or Portugal. They become pro-Axis if you attack one of the three, only.

I think you misread the rulebook, those are examples, not all of the strict neutrals.

• The rule is if any of the strict neutrals are attacked by a side every other strict neutral on the board becomes pro-the-other-side.

• Customizer

He might be referring to the use of Neutral Blocks.  Some people like the idea of putting all the neutrals into geographical blocks so an attack on one only affects those that might normally be affected because they are in the same area rather than every strict neutral all across the board.  The thinking is that what does someone in Argentina or Mongolia care if Germany takes Sweeden or USA takes Spain.  Personally, I like the idea.  Here are the blocks I use:
    European Block:  Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Sweeden
    Middle-Eastern Block:  Turkey, Saudi-Arabia, Afghanistan
    Mongolian Block:  All Mongolian territories
    African Block:  All neutral countries in Africa
    South American Block:  All neutral countries in South America

Also, if he does use the Neutral Blocks, he may be including Turkey in the European Block.  Some people do that.

• The problem with that is it makes it far easier for the USA for example to take South America, because no one can contest it.

Spain does seem to be a liability for the Axis.

• I am always tempted to use this strategy with the allies. There is however always one thing which holds me from doing so: the Mongolian forces - if Japan can activate these units, I think this will tip the balance on the pacific board in favor of the Axis.

Nevertheless, It would be a disaster for Germany to defend another border, which is so close to france and the US at the same time…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m