CANUCKS!!! History Will be Made.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Stalingradski:

Boston just ground them down, scored scrappy goals, skated harder, hit harder, and played better team defense for Game 7. Nobody could have beaten them last night.

I am not sure that “nobody” could have beaten them… I think that a team that actually wanted the cup could have won. Vancouver obviously didn’t, or they didn’t play like it rather. The Sedins were terrible in the defensive zone, letting guys like Marchand and Bergeron breeze on by, and utterly lackluster in the offensive zone. They combined for something like 5 or 7 points in the entire series. But it isn’t just about points. They are the latest Marleau-esque tandem of playoff “Gutless-ness”.

(Thanks JR for that wonderful line)

• '12

Vancouver didn’t do much to make me like them.  Late hits, stupid penalties, best players not being the best players.  I would have been nice to have Canada win one in the last 20 years.  Statistically, there should be a Canadian team in the finals every other year.  We have roughly 25% of the teams, we ought to win a cup every 4 years.  Statistically, something is up, I think its called bettmanitis.  On the otherhand, as a Leafs fan, I know they could put out a team of broken legged monkeys, get outscored 50-0 every game, not win a game all season, and the area would sell out every game like it has for ever.  So why put the effort into winning when it doesn’t affect your income?  1/2 the teams make it to the playoffs every year, leafs, not so much.  Yet they are the most valuable hockey team on the planet, go figure leafs nation!

It’s important for the US market to have US teams win the cup.  Canucks will watch the NHL no matter how crappy the product is for them, so you get what you deserve.  I’m watching Junior hockey……  Unless the leafs ever make it to the playoffs again that is :-)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wrecking and looting because your pissed that doesn’t make sense. Imagine if everyone wrecked and looted after their team lost because they were pissed. I think pro sports would be outlawed because it would be hazardous to the population.

It makes perfect sense.

Everyone has known for YEARS that following another stanley cup loss, that the city was going to riot.  And don’t give me any of the “shock and awe” speeches.  The people did what they wanted to do.  It’s very easy to understand.

They rioted - because they wanted that experience.  It’s the same reason people do drugs, an escape, entertainment, a release.

In fact, drugs have a much higher, and prolific negative effect on our populace every day, as opposed to riot every 20 years.

I’m proud of my city, and for every bruins fan that got the smack down for being stupid enough to wear a jersey during the riot.  There were much worse stories coming out of Boston in regards to Canucks fans.

As for Late hits, Romes hit on Thornton was Legit, it’s not like boston wasn’t smashing our guys in the face 9,10,11,12,13 times in a row every game, well after the whistle.

What about breaking Raymond’s back? with a crosscheck reverse into the boards.  Classy.

There’s not doubt Boston was the better team wednesday night.  Canucks didn’t want it, and there are too many Americans/Europeans on our team, as the team with more canadians always wins. (Same problem in 94).

The best part of the whole series, was when that dumb fart Bettman got booed off the stage, only to return to a rabid crowd chanting “BETTMAN SUCKS! BETTMAN SUCKS! BETTMAN SUCKS!”  A moment I am so deeply proud of.  Just like the riots.

• Canucks should have got Labron James. He would have made the difference

LOL…IL you should talk about A&A game. You don’t know nothing about Hockey!

I would have been nice to have Canada win one in the last 20 years.
    The last canadians team who wins the cups is…The canadians in 1993.

Yet they are the most valuable hockey team on the planet, go figure leafs nation
    yes but not on the ice!!! poor leafs nation!

• Good point LHoff - yeah, they could have been beaten, but it would have taken a team as defensively sound and hungry to do it, and there aren’t many of those out there.

• '12

Europe might have lots of people who can play hockey, but they have few if any HOCKEY players.  The twins were extremely underwhelming.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Vancouver didn’t do much to make me like them.  Late hits, stupid penalties, best players not being the best players.  I would have been nice to have Canada win one in the last 20 years.  Statistically, there should be a Canadian team in the finals every other year.  We have roughly 25% of the teams, we ought to win a cup every 4 years.  Statistically, something is up, I think its called bettmanitis.  On the otherhand, as a Leafs fan, I know they could put out a team of broken legged monkeys, get outscored 50-0 every game, not win a game all season, and the area would sell out every game like it has for ever.  So why put the effort into winning when it doesn’t affect your income?  1/2 the teams make it to the playoffs every year, leafs, not so much.  Yet they are the most valuable hockey team on the planet, go figure leafs nation!

It’s important for the US market to have US teams win the cup.  Canucks will watch the NHL no matter how crappy the product is for them, so you get what you deserve.  I’m watching Junior hockey……  Unless the leafs ever make it to the playoffs again that is :-)

Go look at the Bruins roster. It is about 90-95% Canadian. So there you go.

@Gargantua:

I’m proud of my city, and for every bruins fan that got the smack down for being stupid enough to wear a jersey during the riot.

Proud of looters, vandals, thugs and drunks. My, my… what do we teach our children these days? Glad you are not here in the U.S. then, we have plenty of your kind already. Please remain in Canada.

@Gargantua:

There were much worse stories coming out of Boston in regards to Canucks fans.

Hmmm… funny that they didn’t make any news that I saw. Actually, I heard the contrary.

@Gargantua:

As for Late hits, Romes hit on Thornton was Legit,

Do you mean “Horton”… I know that sounds a lot like Thornton, but they are both Canadian, so eh, whatever. (And yes, for the record, I thought Rome’s actual hit was clean; not a charge, no elbow… but he did make it after Horton had taken almost 3 full steps AFTER he got rid of the puck. So yes, a late hit is a penalty, and the results of the hit were guaranteed to bring a suspension. And unlike the hit on Raymond, the puck was no where near the play, Horton had no chance of a defense at all, and Rome put himself way out of position to inflict the damage… Obviously intending to rough Horton up, if not outright injure him. Imagine if the teams were reversed and that happened to Burrows or Kesler.

@Gargantua:

it’s not like boston wasn’t smashing our guys in the face 9,10,11,12,13 times in a row every game, well after the whistle.

Even if they did, I give Vancouver little to zero credit for pulling a Sedin and playing without enough guts to dish it right back. That is either a lack of passion or fear of the other team. Neither of which will win you the cup.

@Gargantua:

What about breaking Raymond’s back? with a crosscheck reverse into the boards.  Classy.

I hardly think you can pull a “real classy” line like this when you are quoted as being in full support of beating the opposition’s fans, burning your own city in a 2nd grade tantrum, and booing both the opposing team and the NHL’s commissioner. What else do I have to say, but that you are now a documented hypocrite sir.

And as for the Raymond hit… is it not equivalent to a late hit which ends up in a severe concussion? And even then Raymond and Horton are no where near equal in terms of their importance to their respective teams. … But statistics aside, the hit on Raymond was neither dirty nor late. As much of the blame could be placed on Raymond himself for being in such a terrible body position for that hit, which was not even very hard. Same result, for a ll intents and purposes as Horton’s, but obviously not suspension worthy. You make it sound as if the guy had the intention of cracking Raymond’s vertebra.

Oh yes, and for the record: Janik Hansen is a dirtbag. If you want to talk of classy stuff, you should watch his performance in game 7.

@Gargantua:

Canucks didn’t want it, and there are too many Americans/Europeans on our team, as the team with more canadians always wins. (Same problem in 94).

Is this some sort of lame, but serious, excuse or are you simply convinced of the biological Canadian hockey superiority? Either way, you obviously agree that those European Sedins are gutless. I say trade 'em and free up some cap space to get some good solid Canadian boys.

@Gargantua:

The best part of the whole series, was when that dumb fart Bettman got booed off the stage, only to return to a rabid crowd chanting “BETTMAN SUCKS! BETTMAN SUCKS! BETTMAN SUCKS!”  A moment I am so deeply proud of.  Just like the riots.

Well… I don’t think I need to describe why this statement is soooo classy.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Everyone in Hockey boo’s Bettman.  He’s holding back the league.

Just look on You Tube,

You’ll see him booed in St. Louis, Detroit, Washington, New York, it doesn’t matter.

As for the twins, I agree.

@Gargantua:

Everyone in Hockey boo’s Bettman.  He’s holding back the league.

Just look on You Tube,

You’ll see him booed in St. Louis, Detroit, Washington, New York, it doesn’t matter.

As for the twins, I agree.

I understand Bettman is unpopular, but just because it is fairly universal doesn’t make it okay to boo the guy. I don’t think he is the best public figure for the NHL either. I don’t know about holding the league back though. The NHL has done quite well post-lockout. I don’t know how many of those improvements were his own doing, but overall the NHL is prospering under him, at least compared to pre-lockout.

And as for the twins… well, my suggestion was moderately tongue in cheek, but it has some merits. A trade would never happen in my opinion, but if they can’t really take control in the playoffs, what good are they after all?

• Boston full of idiots go VANCOUVER!
    crap its over maybe Next Year!?

• Gosh i didn’t recall that it would be like this ;-; 
    Thanks guys tear ;

I positively tenderness the look. Precipitous, burn, sophisticated, if a elfin the craze forward(nothing wrong with that), something I would show .

• At the age i thought you were thinking of non-specific things to opportunity~ 
    But in that I grasp we’re of consequence here I desire altogether jubilant :)

I absolutely love the look. Sudden, streetwise, complicated, if a insignificant taste insolent(nothing wrong with that), something I would rub off last .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m