Russia giving up and putting everything in the Major Cities

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Last I checked, invading Poland, SGG, Romania, Hungary, or Norway - fit under Buying Time, being a nuisance, destorying equipment, AND living to fight another day.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gargantua:

Last I checked, invading Poland, SGG, Romania, Hungary, or Norway - fit under Buying Time, being a nuisance, destorying equipment, AND living to fight another day.

I wouldn’t call it that, I would call it WINNING!

• Gentlemen,

The thing is that ounce Stalingrad, Leningrad and Ukraine have fallen, the Germans control 3 factories within Russia, I have even sometimes seen a player build a 4th one, therefore popping out 9 to 12 tanks a turn. The Reds are often reduced to around 6-10 IPCs a turn, and therefore, in less than 2 turns just get completely overrun.

My Strategy would therefore be to keep the germans out, as far and as long as possible and just gradually retreating into Moscow.

• since russia cannot hold out until the bloody end, russia should secure as much material as possible.
    since infantry is too slow to achieve this, i have been thinking about buying mostly mech inf for russia, too. what helps germany can help russia in the same manner.
    mostly it comes down to germany taking leningrad first, then going via belarus, briansk - taking ukraine meanwhile - to moscow, when i am not mistaken.

IF leningrad is threatened by a decent german force, a retreat to belarus is no help, since the same force can be beaten there instead. so a retreat via archangelsk is fine or a faster force which can joy troops positioned in briansk to fortify there.

any mobile troops not lost are better then massive infantry buys lost, imho.
    so, just fortifiying cities, makes no sense, except in moscow as a capital city.

greetings

rock`n roll

P.S. Cmdr Jennifer: what do want to express with the attribute “Flottentöterin”? annihilator, murderer, killer, destroyer of the fleets? i guess “Flottenvernichterin” would be better since this means annihilatress or destroyer of the fleets. :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m