• @calvinhobbesliker:

Although Japan may take one russian territry to destroy the NO that Russia gains 6 ipcs for every original german territory it has if Russia has all of its original territories.

The best way to de-incentivise Japan invading Russia is to make the territories 0 ipcs, or make the income only collectible by Russia

That’s a NO for the Russkies, hmmm? Didn’t know that. Still, although I don’t know what the initial set-up is, I think the Soviets and Japanese are better off ignoring each other. 18 infantry in their Pacific territory alone could be enough to make the Japanese player think twice before attacking any Soviet territory, even the Soviet Far East!

• @UN:

@Dylan:

Like is it like declaration of war, or you can, but just wait.

For the Soviets? I don’t think they can declare war on any Axis power, period, until the 3rd-4th turn (not sure which, perhaps calvin knows…?).

Larry said 4th turn. He said this:
    Russia cannot attack a Euro Axis until its turn 4(http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2266&start=24)

Thus, it can’t attack Germany or Italy, but it can attack japan, and he also said that Russia and Japan are free to attack each other whenever they want.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Although Japan may take one russian territry to destroy the NO that Russia gains 6 ipcs for every original german territory it has if Russia has all of its original territories.

The best way to de-incentivise Japan invading Russia is to make the territories 0 ipcs, or make the income only collectible by Russia

That’s a NO for the Russkies, hmmm? Didn’t know that. Still, although I don’t know what the initial set-up is, I think the Soviets and Japanese are better off ignoring each other. 18 infantry in their Pacific territory alone could be enough to make the Japanese player think twice before attacking any Soviet territory, even the Soviet Far East!

Perhaps, but if Russia has any original German territory, the Allies are probably winning, and I’d contend that that’s only possible if many of those 18 inf were moved to the Western(for Russia) front, leaving Eastern Russia exposed.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Perhaps, but if Russia has any original German territory, the Allies are probably winning, and I’d contend that that’s only possible if many of those 18 inf were moved to the Western(for Russia) front, leaving Eastern Russia exposed.

I’d think the Soviet player would be very hard pressed on the Eastern Front to actually send a good chunk of those Pacific infantry west. I know I wouldn’t; if I wanted a bunch of infantry I could simply buy them in European Russia.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’d think the Soviet player would be very hard pressed on the Eastern Front to actually send a good chunk of those Pacific infantry west. I know I wouldn’t; if I wanted a bunch of infantry I could simply buy them in European Russia.

I would only do it if I was desperate.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

The USSR can attack Germany/Italy before R4 if they are attacked first though, right?

• @LHoffman:

The USSR can attack Germany/Italy before R4 if they are attacked first though, right?

Yes

• @LHoffman:

What Calvin said.

Here’s the thing I want to know: when you’re only playing a game of Europe 1940, what will happen to the Soviet Pacific IPCs? Will a Soviet territory in Europe compensate for their absence, or will they simply be added in to the Soviet national income in Europe 1940?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@UN:

Here’s the thing I want to know: when you’re only playing a game of Europe 1940, what will happen to the Soviet Pacific IPCs? Will a Soviet territory in Europe compensate for their absence, or will they simply be added in to the Soviet national income in Europe 1940?

Interesting question… I guess Russia is the only country this would pertain to because, although Britain and the US have territories on both maps, they would not necessarily need more money, if you follow me. Russia should probably get their full income, because they don’t play like a Britain or US and use half on one side of the globe and one half on the other side.

What about France? They have, what, French Indo-China in Pacific right? Would they get the income for that?

• @LHoffman:

@UN:

Interesting question… I guess Russia is the only country this would pertain to because, although Britain and the US have territories on both maps, they would not necessarily need more money, if you follow me. Russia should probably get their full income, because they don’t play like a Britain or US and use half on one side of the globe and one half on the other side.

What about France? They have, what, French Indo-China in Pacific right? Would they get the income for that?

Well, we know the UK has a seperate income from its Pacific territories, including India. As for the United States and France…I’m really not sure.

I wonder if Krieg could enlighten us, but he’d probably get mauled by like 50 men in black, so…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m