• Okay apparently the standard strategy is attack US and UK at the start in Pacific 40. Well what about for Europe 40? I’m going to assume attack Russia on G3, and America’s too far away and even if you get the chance, it most likely won’t be worth it.

• Yeah, G3 is the best time. G1, you take out France, G2 you shift forces from West to east, G3 you attack.

• Also, since a J1 attack is the standard strat, you should use it the next time you play a P40 game

• G1: Crush France. If they’ve still survived by G2 you better prepare your forces to crush them for good on G2.

G2: Position as much as you can on the Soviet-German border.

G3: I think attacking the Soviets now would be the best, though without knowing what the start-up is for the countries I can’t be sure. Since Larry said the Soviets will have a much more impressive starting army this time around, I’d imagine it would be a interesting start to Operation Barboarossa.

Didn’t Larry say how much infantry the Soviets start off with?

• @UN:

G1: Crush France. If they’ve still survived by G2 you better prepare your forces to crush them for good on G2.

G3: I think attacking the Soviets now would be the best, though without knowing what the start-up is for the countries I can’t be sure. Since Larry said the Soviets will have a much more impressive starting army this time around, I’d imagine it would be a interesting start to Operation Barboarossa.

He said there are 18 inf in the Pacific territories of Russia

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

G1: Crush France. If they’ve still survived by G2 you better prepare your forces to crush them for good on G2.

That’s good. I don’t think the Japanese would be very smart in launching an early or mid-game attack on the USSR. That also means that if the Manchurian army moves down south, the Soviets probably won’t sit idle with an empty Manchuria.

I’m glad that a “Japanese distracting the Soviets by attacking their flank” is no longer a short-term strategy. The Soviets have enough to deal with against the Germans and Italians.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

That’s good. I don’t think the Japanese would be very smart in launching an early or mid-game attack on the USSR. That also means that if the Manchurian army moves down south, the Soviets probably won’t sit idle with an empty Manchuria.

I’m glad that a “Japanese distracting the Soviets by attacking their flank” is no longer a short-term strategy. The Soviets have enough to deal with against the Germans and Italians.

Okay so what’s the deal between Russia and Japan I’m confused, like in Pacific 40 they couldn’t fight, but now like!!! (111)

• @Dylan:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

Okay so what’s the deal between Russia and Japan I’m confused, like in Pacific 40 they couldn’t fight, but now like!!! (111)

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. Do you mean what’s the deal between the USSR and Japan in Global or…?

• @UN:

@Dylan:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. Do you mean what’s the deal between the USSR and Japan in Global or…?

Yeah so what’s going to happen with the Soviet’s and Japan can they fight does something need to happen?

• They can fight if they want to but it’s in neither’s best interest

• Yeah so what’s going to happen with the Soviet’s and Japan can they fight does something need to happen?

Like calvin said, the two powers are best off ignoring each other for most of the game. If the fight goes badly for the Soviets, the Japanese would probably invade them. If the scales tip in favor of the Allies, the Soviets are more likely than not going to attack Japan.

As I said, the USSR can’t attack any Axis power for a few turns, which means if Japan foolishly attacks them, they’re going to regret it (unless they divert a huge chunk of their air force to assist, in which case that’s good–-less Japanese air power against the Chinese and Commonwealth forces.

• Like is it like declaration of war, or you can, but just wait.

• Although Japan may take one russian territry to destroy the NO that Russia gains 6 ipcs for every original german territory it has if Russia has all of its original territories.

The best way to de-incentivise Japan invading Russia is to make the territories 0 ipcs, or make the income only collectible by Russia

• @Dylan:

Like is it like declaration of war, or you can, but just wait.

For the Soviets? I don’t think they can declare war on any Axis power, period, until the 3rd-4th turn (not sure which, perhaps calvin knows…?).

• @UN:

@Dylan:

For the Soviets? I don’t think they can declare war on any Axis power, period, until the 3rd-4th turn (not sure which, perhaps calvin knows…?).

Calvin knows everything.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Although Japan may take one russian territry to destroy the NO that Russia gains 6 ipcs for every original german territory it has if Russia has all of its original territories.

The best way to de-incentivise Japan invading Russia is to make the territories 0 ipcs, or make the income only collectible by Russia

That’s a NO for the Russkies, hmmm? Didn’t know that. Still, although I don’t know what the initial set-up is, I think the Soviets and Japanese are better off ignoring each other. 18 infantry in their Pacific territory alone could be enough to make the Japanese player think twice before attacking any Soviet territory, even the Soviet Far East!

• @UN:

@Dylan:

Larry said 4th turn. He said this:
    Russia cannot attack a Euro Axis until its turn 4(http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2266&start=24)

Thus, it can’t attack Germany or Italy, but it can attack japan, and he also said that Russia and Japan are free to attack each other whenever they want.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Although Japan may take one russian territry to destroy the NO that Russia gains 6 ipcs for every original german territory it has if Russia has all of its original territories.

That’s a NO for the Russkies, hmmm? Didn’t know that. Still, although I don’t know what the initial set-up is, I think the Soviets and Japanese are better off ignoring each other. 18 infantry in their Pacific territory alone could be enough to make the Japanese player think twice before attacking any Soviet territory, even the Soviet Far East!

Perhaps, but if Russia has any original German territory, the Allies are probably winning, and I’d contend that that’s only possible if many of those 18 inf were moved to the Western(for Russia) front, leaving Eastern Russia exposed.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Perhaps, but if Russia has any original German territory, the Allies are probably winning, and I’d contend that that’s only possible if many of those 18 inf were moved to the Western(for Russia) front, leaving Eastern Russia exposed.

I’d think the Soviet player would be very hard pressed on the Eastern Front to actually send a good chunk of those Pacific infantry west. I know I wouldn’t; if I wanted a bunch of infantry I could simply buy them in European Russia.

• @UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@UN:

@calvinhobbesliker:

I’d think the Soviet player would be very hard pressed on the Eastern Front to actually send a good chunk of those Pacific infantry west. I know I wouldn’t; if I wanted a bunch of infantry I could simply buy them in European Russia.

I would only do it if I was desperate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m