• You bring up a valid point, the english would definitely be able to take the Italian Battleship, cruiser, and transport. But with a cost, if they attack with a carrier, destroyer, cruiser and a tac. bomber, than these two forces would endure (most-likely) two rounds of combat, in which good rolls or bad rolls would determine the English fleet. So depending on what is left of the english, that is what i would base my attack with the remaining italian fleet. One more question. Where else would the Italian Air-Force be needed?

• the cost for the british is low. you forgot in this attack the fighter from the UK. therefor:
    at maximum loosing a destroyer and a fighter which can be reinforced from the isles since germany won´t go sealion. mostly it takes only one combat round to sink this italian fleet.

and to answer your question: to defend in egypt til the IC is built and after that returning home to rome, sake of defence or in the east supporting the germans.
    if italy gets it done to build some subs in the med the fighters can be a real good company to them fighting allied ships.

• i had the opportunity to try this strat. :D it worked quite well…which means: success! :D

first time ever in any axis&allies game i had played before i conquered moscow! :evil:

despite the fact that russia destroyed flawlessly the german navy and gained all rounds its archangelsk-bonus, it worked. my opponent did not believe in my success til we had thrown the dices in G6.

19 hits the first two combat-rounds by germany in moscow, 16 and 12 made by russia. last round 10 hits vs. 4. 26 IPCs taken made up 85 IPCs for Germany which already fortified france and w. germany.

UK focussed on africa, it did not destroy the italian fleet as i would suggest. this way there was much more freedom in playing italy. afterwards the UK had to put units into africa delaying a decent landing on continental europe.

the US was quite undecided where to go: gibraltar or norway. no consistent strategy worked for the axis, more exactly spoken: any possibility in retaking the 8th victory city was almost made impossible.

i attached the battlemap-module at round R6 since the game would last two more rounds til the 8th VC would be in axis´ hands.

rock`n roll

2011-05-27 G6.AAM

• Well my Italian strategy might have changed with the logic you bring. I would probably focus on controlling egypt and eventually the Mediterranean. But if things go your way on turn one for the Italians, this plan may be worth trying. Also from the English point of view I would probably attack first turn with the Mediterranean fleet this seems like a fruitful way to take the Mediterranean with the limited supplied Fleet the english and french pull together that I have overlooked. looking forward to trying this attack on italy next time I play English.

• good luck!

please tell me what kind of attack the axis launched on russia and UK.

• can anyone help me?

i calculated the strat outlined below through once more, this time with no taranto-raid. it beared the same outcome: victory for the axis in round 6!
    because i “played” against myself with virtual dices on the battlemap-module, i am not quite sure, if this strat is kind of being a nearly 100%-winning-scheme for the axis.

as russia i acted normaly, i guess (in fact knowing the style of the coming attack). retreating from leningrad to belarus, well fortified there, but still loosing every valuable unit against a determined german force. two rounds later, moscow taken with one tank!

therefore my plead: how would you play the russians? or the british?

how to avoid being crushed in belarus? is it wise as russia to retreat via archangelsk?

etc.?

• In my opinion the only plausible strategy with the russians is too put your troops on the front lines and defend against the germans for as long as possible. This is because as russia, your goal is to cost the germans lots of money and hold out till americans/british can come to aid you or bring another front to germany. This can be done by building… INFANTRY. Infantry are the best buy in the game. This is because they are bough for a measly buy of 3 IPC. The infantry will be able to cause major damage to him, and less loss to you. This enables the russians to make the fight with the germans a unprofitable fight for them which is able to be done because the germans will have to use mech. infantry in the latter stages of Barbossa. In my opinion this is what little the russians can do. Now the English I have less experience with. In my opinion they should lure a sea lion. Sea Lion can almost be a fatal move for the Axis because it will not give them the VCs they need on a time table with an American attack in mind. So in my opinion this can be done by forgoing infantry on turn one, possible buying one fighter and some ships. than next turn make a buy of all infantry. if he too the bait, he should be able to take you capital next turn. Loosing england I know does not sound like a good strategy, but through the extra turns and lack of infantry the Germans will not be able to make a good attack on Russia. These are my opinions, please tell me yours.

• Infantry for Russia is indeed great, but an occasional artillery makes it possible to do small counter attacks. When Moskou is surrounded, taking back 1 or 2 ill-defended territories sometimes can block a more distant wave of German tanks participating in the following attack against moskou. A thing like that can win Russia a turn.

Also, having a few ‘offensive’ units will make the Germans more careful in their attacks.

• As for UK, i wouldn’t give GErmany any gifts…
    Losing London is not good, and remember, even when USA liberates it later, it takes 1 more turn before UK can buy anything + american fighters can’t land for defence. And Germany most probably still has its transports left, so they can just take it back again and loot the UK one more time, gaining more IPC’s than if it would not have been liberated.
    Also the Allies lose alot of time with this (not only Axis) and while London is down, there aren’t any reinforcements in South Africa. Good for Italy!

So basically, for the UK: buy defence first and when it is safe you can start building fleet and air force (and tend to South Africa). All those defending infantry will come in handy later.

• but what I’m saying is that germany would use too much IPC taking england and would not have enough forces to take russia. In those extra turns russia will have the forces from moscow and Stalingrad on the front and will be a strong force. I was a little liberal with the strategy though. In my opinion if England can buy enough infantry to make it a 50/50 deal, and get the germans to invest the money into a Sea-Lion, than I would think it would be a gamble that the allies would be more than welcome to take. But I agree you should not give your capital too the germans… even though I recently said too… I= fool.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m