Is anyone still playing with the original rules?

• Is anyone still playing with the original rules? Me and my mate have palyed 3 games and we still have not got to the point of wanting to change to alpha. I dont know how people have had the time to fully experiment with the game before wanting to change to alpha setup.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Nope.

• I play with OOB still (waiting a definitive version). Still, I have few time to play by now

• My group broke the OOB version on the first play. We tried twice more. That was enough.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Func, you realize there has been no changes since January?

And that it’s likely to NEVER be released?

And that it’s a GAME designed for FUN, and that it’s more FUN to play with the Alpha+.2 setup?

• @Chesty:

Is anyone still playing with the original rules? Me and my mate have palyed 3 games and we still have not got to the point of wanting to change to alpha. I dont know how people have had the time to fully experiment with the game before wanting to change to alpha setup.

I didn’t have time to fully experiment with OOB. However, why waste time trying to? The new version is official.

• Alpha+2 all the way. like the new set up and the scrambling options.

• play like a man, use OOB(+)

• meaning with the phillipines harbor and airfield, changed aussie IC’s and russia neutrality applies to each board seperatly

• @Gargantua:

Func, you realize there has been no changes since January?

And that it’s likely to NEVER be released?

And that it’s a GAME designed for FUN, and that it’s more FUN to play with the Alpha+.2 setup?

I refuse to play provisional versions that should be had been tested before selling the game. I had more than enough of that with Europa Universalis III (that, in fact, costed less money to the customers that AAG40). And I don’t find much fun in playing 4 consecutive powers (or the wacky lone french turn). I could give a try in a multiplayer game (at least 4 players) , but not one to one.

Four months can seem a eternity in our world of constant changes, but is very few time. We need a ‘definitive’ label, because soon or later Mr. Harris will add some change … this is not even the beta version

• @Frontovik:

play like a man, use OOB(+)

• meaning with the phillipines harbor and airfield, changed aussie IC’s and russia neutrality applies to each board seperatly

I can agree with this. Typos are a different thing (they’re not a different version). A non-agression pact rule must be added, still

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m