• This game looks great! I’m a big fan of the smaller campaigns that you never hear much about. I don’t think we’ve seen enough Italians or French. I’m also a big fan of Express Game: Battle for Greece. Looks good Spartan. If you are going to make another one I suggest the Winter War. It’s an interesting period in history. Also if not that Stalingrad would have me crapping my pants. I love Russians!

• Hey Ryan glad you like my map Winter War and Stalingrad are both on my list to do next!  :-)

• Stay back Spartan, Norway is mine

Iwo Jima and Okinawa are currently unclaimed

• I never said I wanted Norway the next on my list is Winter war (Finland vs Russia), Operation Torch (Italy vs UK, US, France), Stalingrad (Germany vs Russia), Battle of France (France vs Germany and Italy), and Poland (Poland vs Axis), I will Iwo if you don’t want it.

• No, I have decided that I want Iwo, Okinawa, Coral Sea, Norway, and Maybe the Aleutians, but that has weird dimensions
    You get 5, I get 5, Unless SunTzu wants Coral, or Iwo, maybe even Oki

• Wow! Now I know how im goibg to spend my free time. I’d love to make one too. Any suggestions? If someone could help me to decide what tools to do it with that would be a big help. I’m thinking about a China campaign. I love land oriented battles. Its too bad you guys called the good ones. Poland and France? Cmon  :oops:. All well. Throw me some ideas will ya. Also be warned my scope of skill is not high. I can only do so much.  :-)

• Ryan you can have France if you want, I would suggest using Auto desk Sketchbook, you can get the lite version off of the mac app store, other good programs include Apple Paintbrush, and Microsoft paint.

• Theoretical question: if all of these express game were put together and played simultaneously, would the resulting game be called A&A Global Express?  :-)

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Wow! Now I know how im goibg to spend my free time. I’d love to make one too. Any suggestions? If someone could help me to decide what tools to do it with that would be a big help. I’m thinking about a China campaign. I love land oriented battles.

Try this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Regiments_Offensive

And by the way, if you want to use some home-made Communist Chinese roundels for a game based on the Hundred Regiments Offensive, I posted a design for one in Reply # 7 of this thread:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20658.0

• @spartan:

Ryan you can have France if you want, I would suggest using Auto desk Sketchbook, you can get the lite version off of the mac app store, other good programs include Apple Paintbrush, and Microsoft paint.

No i think something as important as the battle of france should be made by one of you guys. Also are any of these free? I want a program i dont have to pay for. I like ur idea CWO. Sounds interesting if not awesome. I think my plan will be to use that battle along with the Philipines and maybe another chinese campaign. Maybe a game involving british troops.

• Sorry to post way to much but Croesus do you have the rules to East out yet? I can wait to try it out. Also I think for this Hundred Regiments game i will make it to where you need to complete objectives. The Japanese must kill 2/3 of the Chinese for or must operate so many touch and burn operations. The chinese must destroy railroads and capture victory cities. They might also have to destroy the coal mine. The game will be won on victory points. The rules will be similar to D-Day but with no time limit (i hate time limits). Each army will have special abilities. The communist forces can recruit conscripts from cities and villages (only once per town) they can disappear into the wilderness like subs and they can move 2 spaces. The Japanese can use railways for movement and in general get a bigger force. While the chinese have regulars, conscripts, artillery and maybe some tanks, the japanese get infantry, atillery, tanks, and fighters, and maybe bombers.

• @Croesus:

Stay back Spartan, Norway is mine

Iwo Jima and Okinawa are currently unclaimed

I’ll do Iwo Jima

• I’m giving up Okinawa and the Coral sea is now New Guinea in general

• If Ryan no longer wants it I will take France back and maybe Sun_Tzu should take Okinawa or New Guinea.

• Alright you can have France. I’ll take hundred regiments and also the battle of Shanghai. Also I see your Poland and I raise you a Battle of Midway.
    P.S. Im not Chinese  :-D

• Ok to clarify I get Poland you get midway?  :?

If so that sounds good! :-D

Good luck with the Chinese campaigns.  :-)

• It’s funny how much these negotiations sound like the line in Frank Capra’s first Why We Fight movie that talks about the three Axis nations at the Tripartite Pact meeting being busy “carving up the world…staking their claims”.  :lol:

• I was thinking that for games with similar rules we should  put rulebooks together. So instead of 14 rulebooks we have 4 Saves on space and harder to lose stuff

• @spartan:

Ok to clarify I get Poland you get midway?  :?

No i was just kidding. I dont want naval battles. I’ll take two chinese ones. Battle of Shanghai will be in 3 parts by the way. The first involving urban combat, the second is chinese defending a japanese anphibious assault and the last is the chinese retreat. If u win one scenario u get extra troops fo the next.

• @CWO:

It’s funny how much these negotiations sound like the line in Frank Capra’s first Why We Fight movie that talks about the three Axis nations at the Tripartite Pact meeting being busy “carving up the world…staking their claims”.  :lol:

:lol:

@Croesus:

I was thinking that for games with similar rules we should  put rulebooks together. So instead of 14 rulebooks we have 4 Saves on space and harder to lose stuff

Sounds good I have the start of my rulebook posted on my forum how is yours coming?

@Pvt.Ryan:

@spartan:

Ok to clarify I get Poland you get midway?  :?

No i was just kidding. I dont want naval battles. I’ll take two chinese ones. Battle of Shanghai will be in 3 parts by the way. The first involving urban combat, the second is chinese defending a japanese anphibious assault and the last is the chinese retreat. If u win one scenario u get extra troops fo the next.

Chinese campaign sounds cool, I will see if Sun_Tzu wants midway

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m