• With the new N.Os that the US gets to drop it’s huge economy… Is it still recommended/required to split it’s economy on the two coasts?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

YES.

But split it on an as you need to basis.

• What do you think is a good ratio… 60% East/West 40% East/West? Or strickly 50-50…

• When I play the US, my first priority is to make sure the UK has a threat behind them for Germany.  I make sure I have at least 5 full transports on the ready to go to Europe.  The rest goes to the Pacific.  That’s turn 1.  Turn 2 is 2 bombers for Europe and the rest for Pacific.  You will more than likely go to war first in the Pacific, but if you don’t cover yourself in Europe, the UK will surely fall.  Turn 3 you need a couple of destroyers for Europe.  Just in case the UK couldn’t handle all the subs.  If the UK did handle the subs, buy another bomber.  You and the UK will need to start SBR’s ASAP.

I wouldn’t call it any type of split.  Just think of what your plan is and buy accordingly.

• @docfav7:

When I play the US, my first priority is to make sure the UK has a threat behind them for Germany.  I make sure I have at least 5 full transports on the ready to go to Europe.  The rest goes to the Pacific.  That’s turn 1.  Turn 2 is 2 bombers for Europe and the rest for Pacific.  You will more than likely go to war first in the Pacific, but if you don’t cover yourself in Europe, the UK will surely fall.  Turn 3 you need a couple of destroyers for Europe.  Just in case the UK couldn’t handle all the subs.  If the UK did handle the subs, buy another bomber.  You and the UK will need to start SBR’s ASAP.

I wouldn’t call it any type of split.  Just think of what your plan is and buy accordingly.

I understand that. The reason for the split was if the U.S. goes 100% either way that side (Japan or Italy/Germany) is more than likely doomed and kinda sucks the fun out of the game. I guess even with the new U.S. N.Os this is still the case.

Also with the new rules I don’t think you can have fully loaded transports just sitting in the middle of the Atlantic or Pacific.

• You are right.  You cannot have fully loaded transports.  However, you can have 5 or 6 transports sitting on the coast with all the troops and tanks and artillery and mech inf just waiting.  It makes the Germans keep an eye on the US and slam everything into USSR or UK.  It is a great deterrent.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m