• Customizer

Long ago, with the Classic game, they had a rule called “Commander In Chief” where you could make multinational attacks.  Basically, two or three countries would group some forces together (for example, US and British forces building up on United Kingdom) and at the end of the non-combat move phase of one of the nations, let’s say US, the players would decide to designate the US player “Commander In Chief” and stack 3 US control markers there.  On UK’s next turn, they can still move any units in that grouping, but then those units are no longer part of the combined force.  Then, on US’s turn, they can move all of the US pieces plus any British pieces that DID NOT move on UK’s turn in a huge combined force attack.

I think when the 2nd edition of the Classic rules came out, they eliminated the “Commander In Chief” rule and I haven’t seen it in any of Avalon Hill’s versions.  I always thought it was kind of a cool rule and don’t understand why they did away with it.  Maybe they figured out like chompers said that it would be too easy to exploit and give too much advantage to the Allies.  After all, in Classic they didn’t have Italy and it was very rare that Germany and Japan could actually help each other.

• Official Q&A

That rule was removed because it gave the Allies a huge advantage.

• @Krieghund:

That rule was removed because it gave the Allies a huge advantage.

Yes too huge of an advantage. But now its unblanced the other way a bit. But the allies still have a much greater IPC count the then axis they just need to figure out a way to stall for time.

• A&A 2nd edition is still a huge advantage for the allies.  Bids in PBEM clubs are on average at about 23 ipc’s in axis units. 6inf 1arm usually in Afr, Ukr, or split.

• 8. All 3 Minor ICs in the continental US automatically are immediately converted to Major ICs when the US is at war. They can be upgraded at any time for 20 IPCs.

Does USA have to pay 20 ipcs to upgrade when they go to war?

• Official Q&A

No.

• @Krieghund:

@leddux:

can you upgrade the minor complexes to major status paying the 20 IPCs while still neutral?

No.

• Official Q&A

That was in the last version.

• '10

@Krieghund:

That was in the last version.

When is this alpha nonsense going to be finalized. It’s making my head spin. Will this be the official setup for all 3 games ?

• Official Q&A

@Battling:

When is this alpha nonsense going to be finalized. It’s making my head spin. Will this be the official setup for all 3 games ?

It will be done when it’s done.  It will either be the official setup or an alternate setup, for all three games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m