• To me if the US has an operation they can do what they want. Like say on a turn 4 or something liberation of the UK.

Build with about 80 to 82 IPCS (depending on Philippines loss.)

4 Infantry, 4 Tanks, 4 Transports, 2 Destroyers.

Just try to stay near Canada avoiding German subs.

• hmmmm while I agree that the US will be able to do about any single operation they want I think the tough choices will be when the US has to do more than one operation.  I think it will be a question of priorities.

• 8 land units is enough to retake the UK the turn right after Germany takes it.  Figure you get out of there with only 4 or even 6 survivors and Germany just retakes it with Sealion2.  Not a big money maker landing 30 points on units in the UK so steal 30IPC of theirs but it does keep England from collecting that money and slows down the Americans.

Germany could always 10 infantry in the UK the turn after they take it and scatter some destroyers in the North Atlantic to slow up them inbound Americans if possible.

At some point you’ve spent 30 bucks and wasted some naval units to hold the UK, but it does slow up the Americans again presumably allowing the Japanese to make more progress westward across Asia.

• Germany could always 10 infantry in the UK the turn after they take it and scatter some destroyers in the North Atlantic to slow up them inbound Americans if possible.

When you take over a major factory it becomes a minor, so you can only build 3 units on the first turn after you capture it.

• drat, forgot about that.  Thank goodness it hasn’t come up yet in our games.

Need chapter and verse designations in the rule book!

• Its in the back of the Europe Rule book under Global rules.  I think its on the second page of the global rules under additional rules.

• Unless you upgrade the factory from minor to major the following turn in which case you can build 6 units.

• @Daedelus:

Unless you upgrade the factory from minor to major the following turn in which case you can build 6 units.

You can’t build 6 units

• dont major IC’s make 10 units a turn.  I thought that rule about IC’s being limited to the IPC value of the territory they are in didnt apply in this game.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Daedelus:

Unless you upgrade the factory from minor to major the following turn in which case you can build 6 units.

You can’t build 6 units

In the same turn you upgrade a Minor IC to a Major IC you can only place 3 units. Next turn you can place 10.

• LOL buy 6 SBmrs and 1 Fig a round as the US…  Atlantic secured!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m