• Hello. So i have to ask since my friend dont seem to understand the rulebook. During Englands non combat move phase if i have 2 inf on java and 1 transport in the water can i then load them, sail to inda an offload them right on the same turn? non of them has been used in combat ofc. My friend think it cant since the rulebook states that when a unit is loaded all it’s moves are depleted.

• Yes, you can do that

• Official Q&A

The rules say that loading and/or offloading uses a land unit’s entire move.  That means that if the land unit loads onto a transport, offloads from a transport, or does both, it may not make any other movement.  It is permitted that it both load and offload in the same turn.  However, it may not move before loading or after offloading.

• Thank you for the quick reply, Another thing that came up was about the tanks. As i understand it since tanks have 2 moves it may on combat move on G1 move tanks from greater southern germany through western germany and finally attack france/paris. Is this also correct? What im asking is can tanks on combat move move first through a friendly territory and end it’s move in a hostile one?

• @veresh:

Thank you for the quick reply, Another thing that came up was about the tanks. As i understand it since tanks have 2 moves it may on combat move on G1 move tanks from greater southern germany through western germany and finally attack france/paris. Is this also correct? What im asking is can tanks on combat move move first through a friendly territory and end it’s move in a hostile one?

Yes. In fact, it can go though an empty(of both units and facilities) hostile territory to attack a hostile territory 2 spaces away(called blitzing).

• But a tank that on non combat move has 2 moves, may it move from greater southrn germany to germany, load and be offloaded in finland during G1?

• @veresh:

But a tank that on non combat move has 2 moves, may it move from greater southrn germany to germany, load and be offloaded in finland during G1?

No. That’s a violation of the “loading and/or unloading off a transports is the entire move” rule

• Ok thanks for the replys. Anyway while im at it, has there been any clarification about Russia sending voluenteer planes to England to force german dow on Russia in attempt on seelöwe?

• I have 1 last question. If as England i buy a carrier, will i be able to land two of the 3 fighters on that carrier when i mobilise it even if i havent used them on the other phases?

• @veresh:

I have 1 last question. If as England i buy a carrier, will i be able to land two of the 3 fighters on that carrier when i mobilise it even if i havent used them on the other phases?

yes

• Official Q&A

@veresh:

Anyway while im at it, has there been any clarification about Russia sending voluenteer planes to England to force german dow on Russia in attempt on seelöwe?

As of now, the USSR may do so if it is at war with anyone.

@veresh:

I have 1 last question. If as England i buy a carrier, will i be able to land two of the 3 fighters on that carrier when i mobilise it even if i havent used them on the other phases?

The planes must end their movement in the sea zone in which the carrier will be mobilized if they want to land on it.

• '21 '18

I like this topic a lot! Their opinion was that tanks could move one space and use their second move to board a transport and after the boat ride, offload somewhere.  I see now that they were wrong and I was right! I would have two more questions like this.

1- Is it correct for a plane to move four space as a combat move to attack a target in a sea zone and then land on a friendly aircraft carrier present in that sea zone in non-combat move? It seems to me like a five space attack.

2-To retake the example on an above post, would it be correct for Germany to capture Paris in G1 and then reinforce it in non-combat with tanks from Greater Southern Germany? In my opinion, if an aircraft cannot land in non-combat in a tt captured the same turn, why could we reinforce with land units? The same could apply to crossing a newly captured territory in non-combat.

What do you think of these two statements?

• Official Q&A

@Sire:

1- Is it correct for a plane to move four space as a combat move to attack a target in a sea zone and then land on a friendly aircraft carrier present in that sea zone in non-combat move?

Yes.

@Sire:

It seems to me like a five space attack.

How so?  The plane only moved four spaces.

@Sire:

2-To retake the example on an above post, would it be correct for Germany to capture Paris in G1 and then reinforce it in non-combat with tanks from Greater Southern Germany?

Yes.

@Sire:

In my opinion, if an aircraft cannot land in non-combat in a tt captured the same turn, why could we reinforce with land units? The same could apply to crossing a newly captured territory in non-combat.

The rules prohibit air units from landing in newly captured territories.  They do not prohibit land units from moving into or through such territories.

• Krieg, just to clearify, what exactly do you mean ‘must end it’s movement’ do you mean that the plane must use up all 4 moves like take a trip around scottland and then last move must end in the seezone witch the CV will be mobilized or just that they cant move after you put them on the new purchsed CV?

• You don’t have to Fly around (that would Be Funny) you can end your Movement where you like, using 1 up to à max of 4 movment Points.

• To clarify: if i attack a territory and suffer greater losses than i expected i can move additional land units in during my movement phase to help defend it?

Also, a transport can not move then pick up a unit, the transport must start off in the same sea zone as the units it intends to load?

• @MarkVIIIMarc:

To clarify: if i attack a territory and suffer greater losses than i expected i can move additional land units in during my movement phase to help defend it?

Yes that is right. So long as you won the battle you can move in further troops to defend it on your non-combat move. Aircraft, however are excluded as they must land in a territory that has been controlled by you or an ally since the beginning of your turn.

@MarkVIIIMarc:

Also, a transport can not move then pick up a unit, the transport must start off in the same sea zone as the units it intends to load?

Actually a transport may move, pick up troops and either drop them off or move again and drop them off. Once a transport unloads though it must stay in that sea zone until the following turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m