• So I’ve often seen in many different games played, YouTube videos of A&A players playing games of Global 40’ or showing a strategy, but there’s always on thing they’re doing that I might be missing.

Everybody seems to be negating the fact that after combat, you can use the bit of movement you have left in your survived units to move wherever you want them to move.

So my question is, does taking a unit that hasn’t spent all it’s movement into combat completely end it’s movement, can it not move one more space if it were a tank after having done some sort of combat?

Part of what I see a lot of YouTubers do in A&A strategies is that they show the Bismarck attacking Sea zone 110, which is the preferred Sea zone to attack, to which it will have spent 2 of it’s movement, and theoretically with the Battleship having come from a Sea zone adjacent to Western Germany with a naval base on it, that enables the German Battleship to move 3 times instead of 2, but nobody ever uses that last piece of movement to move it back up 1 space, they just leave it in the English channel and hope the British don’t go and kill it.

Just one of the many examples that I’ve seen extra movement not be used, if someone could confirm my thinking or tell me other wise that all movement stops It’d be greatly appreciated since I have not seen anywhere in the rulebook that states any extra movement not spent on a unit ends after combat.

Thanks

• '20

Read Page 13 Europe to see how that’s illegal

• @luftwaffles41 said in Quick Question on Movement:

Everybody seems to be negating the fact that after combat, you can use the bit of movement you have left in your survived units to move wherever you want them to move.

What do you think this “fact” is based on?

After combat the “Noncombat Move Phase” takes place. And here the written rules are pretty clear (see page 22 Rulebook Europe 1940.2):

"In this phase, you can move any of your units that didn’t move in the Combat Move phase or participate in combat during your turn. You will also land all your air units that participated in and survived the Conduct Combat phase. "

HTH :slightly_smiling_face:

• @panther

Ohhh okay much appreciated. After seeing everybody on YT do this I sorta caught on that that would be the case I just needed someone to confirm it

Thanks for the confirmation

• @panther

Well for starters I’ve totally negated this rule so thanks for confirming with me that this was true

While I’m not the biggest fan of a rule like this, I can understand how it stops player like Germany and the Soviet Union from abusing the fact that they could just move their tanks forward into combat, than move them out of combat to keep them safe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m