• Is there any rules for adding oil wells to global 40,what territorys to put them in?

• Customizer

Looky here:

http://www.basesproduced.com/aaa.html

In global there’s an uneasy compromise with IPC values; some incorporate oil income (East Indies), while some most definitely ignore it (particularly Caucasus).  The latter is probably to prevent a major factory being built there, but it seems better to me that the industrial production level and the oil/raw materials income should be separated, so that factory placement is allowed only in heavily industrialised areas.

• In global there’s an uneasy compromise with IPC values; some incorporate oil income (East Indies), while some most definitely ignore it (particularly Caucasus).  The latter is probably to prevent a major factory being built there, but it seems better to me that the industrial production level and the oil/raw materials income should be separated, so that factory placement is allowed only in heavily industrialised areas.

i was thinking more of oil wells,producing one oil barrel every round,they can be movied like armys,and captured,and can be sold to the bank for ipc.you need to use one barrel to move any troops each round,if you dont have oil your troops only get one move,like infantry,each country starts the game with oil reserves,this will make oil tactacal,like in the battle of the bulge.The wells can allso be bombed for damage like naval bases and air fields.

• Customizer

The main problem is that it gives the Allies an overwhelming advantage.  They start with all the oil they could ever need, while the Axis is struggling to produce enough for basic needs; they’d have to be given a large stockpile to begin with.  It would also telegraph their moves: towards the Caucasus and Dutch East Indies, making it that much easier for the Allies to block them.

Germany would have to be given the ability to build synthetic oil plants, which could be the target of Allied bombing attacks.

• The main problem is that it gives the Allies an overwhelming advantage.  They start with all the oil they could ever need, while the Axis is struggling to produce enough for basic needs; they’d have to be given a large stockpile to begin with.  It would also telegraph their moves: towards the Caucasus and Dutch East Indies, making it that much easier for the Allies to block them.

Germany would have to be given the ability to build synthetic oil plants, which could be the target of Allied bombing attacks.

hmmm,i see what you meen,this would be a problem with game play,but what you just said is historic fact,i can put wells in countrys that have them now ie china norway.

heres a list of the worlds oil fields

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_fields

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

I like oil rules of some sort. I believe that Germany and Italy can use the fields of Romania and it is no secret that Japan had a limited supply of oil and needed the oil fields of the Dutch East Indies, this would help them keep off of Russia and concentrate on oil and and china.
    There are rules for oil in this forum, I know IL has some for his 1939 game.

• I think it only makes sense to care about oil for the Axis.  The Allies were awash with it. . .Even if the Russians lost the Caucusus they probably had enough from the Volga region and Central Asia to keep their war machine running - and the US had more than enough.  Britain would either get it from the US or the Middle East - so it is accounted for in convoy damage.

I think oil rules - to be simple - should really just apply to the Axis.  My vote is to assign certain territories as extra income for Axis only (like Java should only be worth like 1PP , but have like a 5 point oil symbol on it that is extra collected for the Axis if they own it.

• Customizer

Remember that land units should use steam (i.e. rail) during NC movement.  Neither side is likely to run out of coal…

• Remember that land units should use steam (i.e. rail) during NC movement.  Neither side is likely to run out of coal…

thanks i dident think of that

I am trying to make a model to represent an oil complex.
    Here it is on the Europe 1940 Board.
    I used a Oil derrick & Shack from the game “King Oil”, and “N” scale oil barrels (you can get them from C in C), this is mounted on a penny.
    Just a draft for now. What are your thoughts?

• I am trying to make a model to represent an oil complex.
    Here it is on the Europe 1940 Board.
    I used a Oil derrick & Shack from the game “King Oil”, and “N” scale oil barrels (you can get them from C in C), this is mounted on a penny.
    Just a draft for now. What are your thoughts?

looks great,what rules are you using for the oil shack???

I like IL’s rules and I am going to use them with slight modifications.
    Germany and Italy will use the oil fields of Romania. I also think that if they can trace a supply path to Venzuela, they would have oil.
    Japan needs oil somewhere, give them oil from Russia and the us until certain times of the war , then when they are at war, they must have oil secured or serve penalties.
    Penalities would be either moving only half their pieces they require fuel or make them all move a limited range.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m