• A couple of questions:

-I know a neutral USA cannot go into any territory that isn’t its own
    -USA ‘at war’ cannot go into Dutch territories (incl Surinam) if they are still Dutch?
    -USA ‘at war’ cannot go into FIC
    -USA ‘at war’ can attack those areas if they are axis controlled, which in Global would revert FIC back to France and Dutch territories to USA?
    -can USA ever land or drop units into those territories if they are UK/Anzac held? Or to land planes there if they are still dutch/french?

• I think all questions are answered with yes. With the last question havibng the restriction that the US can only ever land anything on allied soil (no matter if it’s Java, Kwangtung, Soviet Far East or whatever) if the US and the ally they want to land are at war.

• Official Q&A

@13thguardsriflediv:

-USA ‘at war’ cannot go into Dutch territories (incl Surinam) if they are still Dutch?
    -USA ‘at war’ cannot go into FIC

Yes, it can.  It just can’t take control of them unless recapturing them from the Axis.

@13thguardsriflediv:

-USA ‘at war’ can attack those areas if they are axis controlled, which in Global would revert FIC back to France and Dutch territories to USA?

Yes, unless Paris is held by the Axis, in which case the US would gain control of FIC until Paris is liberated.

@13thguardsriflediv:

-can USA ever land or drop units into those territories if they are UK/Anzac held? Or to land planes there if they are still dutch/french?

Yes, if the US is at war.

• So, in case of FIC, ‘global’ rules are different from ‘pacific’ rules?

• Official Q&A

Only slightly, in that Paris is always considered to be held by the enemy in Pacific.

• Wait a minute. If Paris is occupied FIC can be captured by allied troops instead of liberated? Is this a special rule for FIC, or is it the same for Normandy, Madagascar, Morocco, etc? And also true for London, Berlin, etc?

• Official Q&A

It’s the same for all powers and their territories.

• Customizer

I have a question about French Indo-China.  In the Global game, they have it’s IPC value added to the overall French income, but they don’t have any French troops there.  Shouldn’t FIC have at least 1 or 2 infantry there?  After all, with the addition of Europe 1940, we have French pieces.  I always thought that in the Pacific 1940 game, FIC was unoccupied simply because we didn’t yet have any French to put there.

• @knp7765:

I have a question about French Indo-China.  In the Global game, they have it’s IPC value added to the overall French income, but they don’t have any French troops there.  Shouldn’t FIC have at least 1 or 2 infantry there?  After all, with the addition of Europe 1940, we have French pieces.  I always thought that in the Pacific 1940 game, FIC was unoccupied simply because we didn’t yet have any French to put there.

They are French……would it matter?

• Official Q&A

It was felt that the number of French troops that were in the region didn’t warrant a full infantry unit.

• if Japan captures FIC or DEI territory, and build an industrial complex, and then UK/US/ANZAC take over, can they use said complex? And what if France is ‘liberated’ later on? Does France get to use the complex in FIC?

Could UK/US build an industrial complex in FIC?

• Official Q&A

@13thguardsriflediv:

if Japan captures FIC or DEI territory, and build an industrial complex, and then UK/US/ANZAC take over, can they use said complex?

Yes, assuming Paris is held by the Axis.

@13thguardsriflediv:

And what if France is ‘liberated’ later on? Does France get to use the complex in FIC?

Yes.

@13thguardsriflediv:

Could UK/US build an industrial complex in FIC?

Yes, if it controls it.

• Customizer

@Krieghund:

It was felt that the number of French troops that were in the region didn’t warrant a full infantry unit.

Okay, that makes sense.  Thanks Krieghund.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m