• Maybe this has been posted before, I have not read all the threads.

But anyway, I had an idea the other day about how to cut the Axis som slack, and at the same time keeping with history. It deals with Vichy France and also the French Navy.

First, what if the Germans got to keep the French war ships that they destroy, i.e. if they destory a French cruiser, a German cruiser is immediately placed at a German naval base, for free. I got the idea from an old WWII scenario for Civilization II, and I’ve always liked it. Also, this was something the British actually feared during the war.

Second, what if, when Paris falls, a Vichy rule takes effect, giving the German player control of all remaining French units on the global board (except french navy), simulating Vichy France. You either replace all french units with German equivalents, or the German player just gets to use the French units right off the bat.

The Axis could sure use a break, seeing as G40 is a bit geared towards the Allies, and also it is in keeping with history. What do you think?

EDIT: when I think about it, maybe this should be in House Rules. Sorry.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Yo,

you gonna git sent to da house rulz section mutha f*(kr! :p

I like your ideas though…

• This has been suggested a few times, here and on Larry’s board. I’m all for Vichy rules myself, as long as they are simple.

• Some of the french units should become free french and be controlled by the Brits not all french became Vichy

• @The:

Some of the french units should become free french and be controlled by the Brits not all french became Vichy

True. I thought about that. At least the french unit in England should become Free French.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

At least the french unit in England should become Free French.

LOLOLOLOLOL Good thought.

• '10

@The:

Some of the french units should become free french and be controlled by the Brits not all french became Vichy

I agree.  What about the FREE FRENCH?  Have a roll-off for each territory / Sea Zone.  highest roll wins.  Some become AXIS, some remain ALLIES

This also makes it random and more interesting every time.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@The:

I agree.  What about the FREE FRENCH?  Have a roll-off for each territory / Sea Zone.  highest roll wins.  Some become AXIS, some remain ALLIES

Good idea. That should work. What do you think about the idea of Germany “acquiring” the French ships it defeats?

• '10

@Raeder:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@The:

Good idea. That should work. What do you think about the idea of Germany “acquiring” the French ships it defeats?

Not sure if that is needed if you have a roll-off after the fall of Paris.  But then again, I have not play tested either of these.

• '21 '18

Historically, french territories in a Vichy rules system should be distributed like this…

Germany (or Italy): Paris, Normandy/Bordeaux (6 IPC).
    Vichy France: Southern France, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, French West Africa, Syria, Madagascar and French Indochina (11 IPC).
    Free France: French Central Africa, French Equatorial Africa, New Hebrides (2 IPC).

The French Navy should remain Vichy, considering the treacherous British attack on the French Fleet at Mers-el-Kébir.

Every Vichy territories captured by the allies should be switched back to Free France.

I’m not sure how units could be placed on the map for Free France. Maybe they could be allowed to place directly in French equatorial Africa (or in London!) but could only buy infantry.

• Can you say ZENO, WORLD AT WAR ?

• @lnmajor:

Can you say ZENO, WORLD AT WAR ?

I reckon I can, but what is it?  :?

• Zeno games had all the vichy french rules in their World at War game like 10 or 12 yrs ago. some suggestions posted here are almost identical. Search zenogames.com. i think they may be stiil around.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m