• I have played many many many AA revised games, and about 10 1940 Global games.  I am kind of LOST when it comes to all the updated to the game and I have yet to play the game without noticing that we missed something during the play….

Anyways.  I am on my 3rd game of Alpha 3 rules (the 1st time we played Alpha 3, we played with the original setup lmao).

I played as the axis the 1st two times and dominated.  Germany has so many options, its super easy to fake out the allies. 1st game I built navy/transports as to act as if I was going for sea lion, then I used it all to back door Russia big time and my oppent never saw it coming (rookie).  the second game I took UK over 3rd turn by buying mostly S.BOMBERS to damage UK’s complex. (After i did 20 damage to his complex he didnt repair, so Instead of building more land units, i built nothing but transports cause I noticed there was nothing he could do if i did that even with a full turn of prep lol).  then he got it back with USA but come turn 6 or 7 I ended up taking Russia and UK in the same turn… Winner!

Now we are currently on turn 2 of game 3 and I am Allies, and trying to figure out how to win…

My question is simple.  does anyone have a simple strategy for UK dominace?  I usually like to sacrifice my UK offense 1st turn in order to build up. but that really doesnt work in this game. so ??? i need some advice please.

• P.S.  We dont play with convoy’s,  its just tooooooo much….  whiskey

• I don’t really see the UK dominating the game.  That is generally the American’s role.

UK is:
    The enabler of US interference in Europe
    The grinder against Italian expansion, and
    The gatekeeper of Japanese expansion in the Pacific

With that being said, early in the game the UK wants to make Germany take as many losses as possible.  In conjunction the UK wants to disable/weaken/delay any Italian control of the Med.  Usually that just requires trading UK ships for Italian ships and then hopefully having remaining aircraft to prevent Italy from moving transports undefended to expand.  If Italy only has 1 transport, she is not going to sacrifice it with UK aircraft capable of sinking it.  Italy may not even move the TT without multiple ships to defend it - forcing Italy to stay in port for multiple turns.

Later in the game, once the threat to London has mostly passed, UK would be well served to build ships off of Canada that will be able to move off of Gib to support American transport rotations.  Generally getting 1-2 carriers with the 4 Aircraft you plunked on London earlier in the game and a few DD screens is going to be enough to deter a German suicide run trying to sink transports.  The US will have her own ships, preferably a few Cruisers with DD as screens to lie in wait to support landings in Europe.

Once the support is established off of Gib, and the US has moved some bigger ships in to replace your carriers, you can plop down 4-5 TT in the English Channel in one turn and dump the UK forces onto Normandy to reinforce the US units that survived.  This may include UK aircraft if they won’t be exposed to being lost from an axis counter attack.

If you’ve gotten that going in Europe, unless Germany took Moscow with relative ease, Germany will end up losing as it cannot defend everywhere all at once.

For the Pacific, the UK is basically subject to the whims of Japanese aggression.  Japan’s best play is to control the DEI and then convoy the UK out of the Pacific theater.  Knowing that, forcing Japan to fight for each island is valuable in slowing the advance down.  Doubly important is being in position to keep the Burma Road in China’s hands.  Its more aggravating than anything because Japan does NOT want to funnel income into China, but Japan is obligated to do so or face losing income in the northern territories.  This is why I prefer Mech early on for the UK Pacific, because it can be in India and also be 1 move from keeping the Burma road open.

UK in the Pacific rarely dominates unless Japan loses badly to the US or misplays itself out of position (which happens a lot).  Just focus on being a thorn in Japan’s side early, defending Calcutta if Japan is full steam KIF and force Japan to take massive air unit losses so it cannot leverage simply replacing carriers and flying aircraft onto them.

• Try an industrial in Egypt to keep Italy under wraps.
    Use the Union of South Africa factory (two mechs or tank/mech, you reach Egypt in 2 rounds).
    Use the Canadian factory for ship building.
    Airbase Gibraltar for US Air Force.

In the PAC - survive.

• @AK_Grown:

Try an industrial in Egypt to keep Italy under wraps.
    Use the Union of South Africa factory (two mechs or tank/mech, you reach Egypt in 2 rounds).

In the PAC - survive.

Something to consider is the Iraq minor build if you are thinking about the minor.  It gives much more flexibility in where the UK IPC’s in Europe can come into play - which includes reclaiming a lost Calcutta and basically ending the game for Japan in the Pacific.

• @Spendo02:

@AK_Grown:

Try an industrial in Egypt to keep Italy under wraps.

In the PAC - survive.

Something to consider is the Iraq minor build if you are thinking about the minor.  It gives much more flexibility in where the UK IPC’s in Europe can come into play - which includes reclaiming a lost Calcutta and basically ending the game for Japan in the Pacific.

I like Persia IC more than Iraq IC

• Persia is too close to Japan for my liking.  I’d rather Cairo personally.

• Japan rarely threatens persia anytime before round 6 or 7, plenty of time to make use out of it.  Persia is also in range of landing planes on moscow or india.  It’s too good.  Egypt factory is risky before round 3 because it does not take much for germany to get enough down there to help italy to perform a strong 1-2 punch.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m