@i:

himm that would suck if it hit you.

Eh eh eh … what, like the plastic piece in the eye?  :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Viracocha:

@i:

Viracocha… these are Sweet! I am really thinking I have to oreder some of these A-bombs from you. I love them.

• @i:

@Viracocha:

@i:

yes you might get blind! jk

And make your eye fall-out  :-D

• Customizer

Eheheh - good stuff.  Glad you guys liked the posts!  Currently I’m working on the Warlords of Europe game.

• Viracocha do you sale any of these to the public??? and if so what is the price list

• Customizer

@Tigerclaw:

Viracocha do you sale any of these to the public??? and if so what is the price list

Tigerclaw, no, I don’t sell… though I’ve painted sets for friends (hehe - they call ‘em Viracochas’).  Three main reasons I don’t sell: I could never promise an exact date of completion.  I think it’s cool to see other people’s painted and/or modded minis.  Price?  I tried to pin it down per hour… what I’d have to charge I’d be embarrassed to ask of people.  :|

I do have what I call ‘scraps’ - though they’re in fine shape.  These are all the painted minis that were replaced from my AA50th. I’ve considered using them for trade but the problem is I can’t think of anything A&A related that I need… *shrug

Glad you like the minis - took quite awhile.  Can’t wait to put my brush on the FMG pieces!

• can you e-mail me more pictures of your work like the uk air force and any other pices you have not posted on here? my e-mail is mhodson@cinci.rr.com

• Customizer

@Tigerclaw:

can you e-mail me more pictures of your work like the uk air force and any other pices you have not posted on here? my e-mail is mhodson@cinci.rr.com

The only other photos I have are on BoardGameGeek, AA50th.

Hope that helps…

• '16 Customizer

Hey guys- stumbled upon this topic, and WOW, I am impressed!

I am also painting my pieces and had a few questions for Viracocha…sorry if it’s too much; I’m like a kid in a candy shop!

1. What did you coat the finished products with? A liquid wash, a spray enamel, a paint on coating?

2. How did you make such amazing bases (rock,sand,grass)? That is SO cool.

3. Do you use a preparatory wash or something before you paint the pieces?

4. How do you do the really intricate details on the infantry? (insignia,etc. Especially on the SS)

5. And lastly (sorry if this is a lot), would you mind giving me an estimate of how much all of this costs you? Excluding the paint and the pieces.

Thank you so much for these great examples and exquisite work! Great job  :-D

• another annoying question how many hours and or days have you spent on painting these>?

• Customizer

Italics:
    @Spitfire38:

Hey guys- stumbled upon this topic, and WOW, I am impressed!

I am also painting my pieces and had a few questions for Viracocha…sorry if it’s too much; I’m like a kid in a candy shop!

1. What did you coat the finished products with? A liquid wash, a spray enamel, a paint on coating?
    I use a clear coat, purchased at a local crafts store.  Gloss on a few things, but mostly the clear finish.
    2. How did you make such amazing bases (rock,sand,grass)? That is SO cool.
    Paint a base color for the terrain, and before it dries sprinkle grass mix over it.
    3. Do you use a preparatory wash or something before you paint the pieces?
    I clean them and remove flash if any, and always primer with a flat dull color which can act as shading - the shade itself depends on what color you’re going to paint the particular part.
    4. How do you do the really intricate details on the infantry? (insignia,etc. Especially on the SS)
    This is mix of decals and painting, the chevrons are decals though other stuff such as the army rangers patch and ‘ss’ insignia is painted.
    5. And lastly (sorry if this is a lot), would you mind giving me an estimate of how much all of this costs you? Excluding the paint and the pieces.
    No clue… because a lot of the pieces are from other games, and my paint selection has been evolving since… whew, many years.  
    Thank you so much for these great examples and exquisite work! Great job  :-D
    Hey thanks!  I like the way it all turned out.  :-D

cminke:
    Not a clue… sometimes an army took many months, other times they seemed to paint themselves in a couple days.  All depends on the schedule and sometimes the mood  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m