• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@allboxcars:

@LHoffman:

@Funcioneta:

Wich side is playing Larry?

It sounds like he is playing the Germans and therefore the Axis… but… it also sounds like he is playing the US, which would make him the Allies. Hard to tell.

I’m saying LH is playing Japan.
    (Or Canada)

I think he called the Japs “arrogant bastards”. Unless he is into self deprecation, I would think he is calling the enemy (ANZAC) names. Though, he could just be very pro-Allies in his speech to us, because his father fought against the Japanese… who knows.

• I’m going to love that soviet bb … I wonder if a soviet Baltic AC is going to be a viable option  :-D Or even Baltic subs!  :lol:

• @Funcioneta:

Nope, he’s not playing Those That Received Useless Roundels: he saw finals of World Soccer Cup and he made a last minute rule to play as Spain  8-)

Damn it I have nothing to make fun of Spanish people, for (not including Mexicans.)

Anyways soccer/football is the most over rated sport.

Anyways is he saying Egypt’s 3 IPC’S because if Italy does ever capture it they could put a major IC there.

• @Funcioneta:

Nope, he’s not playing Those That Received Useless Roundels…

See that’s where everyone is totally wrong!!  :x

They’re not Useless Roundels.

Psst… they’re miniature hockey pucks eh.

• @allboxcars:

@Funcioneta:

Nope, he’s not playing Those That Received Useless Roundels…

See that’s where everyone is totally wrong!!  :x

They’re not Useless Roundels.

Psst… they’re miniature hockey pucks eh.

Yeah I like looking at them!

• @cminke:

same ! but i have learned to except that every one is…cool

cool great choice of words.

• '10

Is this English??

• @johnnymarr:

Is this English??

No it’s cminke language

• First off, their game sounds really neat and I’d love to watch! :-D  Sounds like Russia is a real challenge, and that Japan has been poorly played.

Now the possible downsides to the Europe version:

• the UK seems weak in Africa and at sea - just as I feared. After 8 turns they have not stabilised Africa or got more fleet together than 1 carrier and a cruiser???!!!

• the Italians seem a little…er…uber strong?  I really can’t see how a country that should be earning about 6 IPCs per turn can hold off the UK and US in the Med.

Eargerly awaiting more playtesting updates from Larry though  8-)

Lozza007

• @Lozza007:

First off, their game sounds really neat and I’d love to watch! :-D  Sounds like Russia is a real challenge, and that Japan has been poorly played.

Now the possible downsides to the Europe version:

• the UK seems weak in Africa and at sea - just as I feared. After 8 turns they have not stabilised Africa or got more fleet together than 1 carrier and a cruiser???!!!

• the Italians seem a little…er…uber strong?  I really can’t see how a country that should be earning about 6 IPCs per turn can hold off the UK and US in the Med.

Eargerly awaiting more playtesting updates from Larry though  8-)

Lozza007

Larry said that the Germans were doing a good job of keeping the RN at bay, so dont worry too much. And he said that the Italians owned a good chunk of Africa, plus they were sending units through Iran! Thats pretty clear to me that they have just been played well. Also he said there was going to be a showdown soon in North Africa…

• Germans in North Africa. I like it. I was worried that the game would exclude any reason for Germany to go there.

• Sounds like Algeria or whatever territory is farthest west in Africa is still only 2 spaces away from Eastern US.  I was thinking there might be a third sea zone in there which would require another set of transports.

• @brettstarr4:

Sounds like Algeria or whatever territory is farthest west in Africa is still only 2 spaces away from Eastern US.  I was thinking there might be a third sea zone in there which would require another set of transports.

Don’t forget that with naval bases giving units an extra move that territory could be 3 spaces away.

• Larry mentioned a gribralter naval base.

• Where is the source of this post?

• @Dylan:

Anyways is he saying Egypt’s 3 IPC’S because if Italy does ever capture it they could put a major IC there.

I don’t think he’s saying Egypt itself is worth 3 IPCs, he’s saying Germany gets a 3 IPC per turn NO when they have a German unit in that territory, kinda like the ANZAC one-hit NO except apparently this one is every turn.

• '10

Thanks Yope

• Customizer

USA is mostly going anti-Japan,
    and the UK still doesn’t have a decent fleet put together,
    the Italians have most of africa
    this means germany has basically been 100% free against the USSR

sounds like the axis player sucks

could this be the reason all of LH’s games lately have been weighted towards the axis?

• @SAS:

@Dylan:

I don’t think he’s saying Egypt itself is worth 3 IPCs, he’s saying Germany gets a 3 IPC per turn NO when they have a German unit in that territory, kinda like the ANZAC one-hit NO except apparently this one is every turn.

Isn’t there something like that, if Germany have all Russian territories.

• Finally, Russia’s navy can do something offensive(unless it gets killed, like the BB in Z37)
    Will there be a Black Sea fleet?

I’d really like to know how Java was held after turn 3

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m