• Well, to answer your question… when I play as Japan in this game I build ICs in China or Malaya in order to turn out ground units for taking India.  I would rather spend 12 bucks on 3 mech inf than 18 bucks on tanks and the rest of my money goes towards building Navy to ward off the US.  Your power lies in your airforce so what you really need (more than tanks) are just guys to lose, but plain infantry move so freaking slow.

India could use them to snag some territory that Japan might be neglecting, but I don’t really see how effective they could be for them.

For ANZAC they are a cheap alternative to tanks that can still reach every space in Australia.  Pair 3 of them up with 4 fighters and taking out a small Japanese landing force should be easy.

The only way they could be useful to the US is if the US managed to take Korea and built a Major IC there.  10 of them could be very deadly in China.

• They can be used in pacific 1940. And they can be useful to. But i believe that their full potential will be revealed in Europe.

• The mech-infantry is useful if you have a lot of ground to cover, plus they can blitz with tank formations to give a cheap but realitvely fast unit to defend the tanks from an onslaught. It is good if the British build some in India, then quickly support Chinese forces against the Japanese. I played my first game against my brother today, and I got owned at the end due to my in-ability to take all of China early and destroy the US navy early. I suppose if i were Japan and i simply attacked China and leave the UK and US alone for three turns i could win the Pacific.

• thanks for the clarity so far :-)

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I agree that we will see the true potential for them in Europe. Think about how far it will be from Berlin to Moscow. Get my drift? If the Germans are to stay on the offensive, they will need troops to the front FAST! Like Robbie was saying, front line fodder to help out tanks and tacs will be key to moving into Russia, I think.

• What i don’t understand about Mech inf is their “blitzing” capability alongside with a tank. I mean they have the ability to move 2 spaces, why can’t they just blitz without the frealkin’ tank. From my understanding that’s what Mech inf do, capture something fast then move on. I would also have to agree with Questioneer with this one, IMO Mech-inf would be more effective if they could transport either 1 inf or tow 1 artillery 2 spaces, in exchange for the +2 attack it receives for the Artillery pair-up (leaving the unit at 4-1-2-2). Half tracks were meant for fast transport/fast capture, they should live up to their expectation. :-D

• @Mysterious:

What i don’t understand about Mech inf is their “blitzing” capability alongside with a tank. I mean they have the ability to move 2 spaces, why can’t they just blitz without the frealkin’ tank. From my understanding that’s what Mech inf do, capture something fast then move on. I would also have to agree with Questioneer with this one, IMO Mech-inf would be more effective if they could transport either 1 inf or tow 1 artillery 2 spaces, in exchange for the +2 attack it receives for the Artillery pair-up (leaving the unit at 4-1-2-2). Half tracks were meant for fast transport/fast capture, they should live up to their expectation. :-D

Blitzing is moving through a hostile territory. Mechs can only move 2 if they move through a friendly territory

• well for pacific NO ONE SEEMS TO DO THE THINGS I DO!!!  :x
    as Japan

Once you take Asia secure the Pacific seige Australia and Hawaii TAKE ALASKA BUILD MAJOR INDUSTRY AND BUILD TANKS, AND MECH INFANTRY AND FLY OVER TO ALASKA WITH BOMBER AND FIGHTER AND ANY TAC BOMBER!

so thats all i ever use them

• I believe LH said there was 6 territories between Berlin and Moscow, so the Mech Inf. will really shine in Europe.  Mech Inf. need ground to cover to keep up with tanks as fodder, all the islands limits them to more continental fighting in Pacific.

• @Dylan:

well for pacific NO ONE SEEMS TO DO THE THINGS I DO!!!  :x
    as Japan

Once you take Asia secure the Pacific seige Australia and Hawaii TAKE ALASKA BUILD MAJOR INDUSTRY AND BUILD TANKS, AND MECH INFANTRY AND FLY OVER TO ALASKA WITH BOMBER AND FIGHTER AND ANY TAC BOMBER!

Maybe no one does it because Alaska is a 2 so you can only build a minor IC there.  :-D

• @special:

@Dylan:

well for pacific NO ONE SEEMS TO DO THE THINGS I DO!!!  :x
    as Japan

Maybe no one does it because Alaska is a 2 so you can only build a minor IC there.  :-D

Well I disagree with that even though I know your right

• If India doesn’t fall they can be useful to the British for getting to the front lines quickly

• @robbie358:

Well, to answer your question… when I play as Japan in this game I build ICs in China or Malaya in order to turn out ground units for taking India.  I would rather spend 12 bucks on 3 mech inf than 18 bucks on tanks and the rest of my money goes towards building Navy to ward off the US.  Your power lies in your airforce so what you really need (more than tanks) are just guys to lose, but plain infantry move so freaking slow.

I do that to, I put a minor in French indo china

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m