• I was the Allies and won that was cool, but I need to know if it was good luck of good strategy. It started off with China trading the Burma road or whatever and China holding the front line at any cost. Then when the other 3 declared war Britain assisted China as much as possible and the US in Manila and the Australian’s knocked out the Japanese in the Southern Pacific and the US in the rest. Australia then transported whatever they could into India. Australia had as much troops as they could now into India they captured French Indo China built a Minor industry and knocked the Japanese out of Asia and captured Korea with a minor industry. The bored Chinese army kept reinforcing the Pacific Asian border and helped Australia hold Korea along with Britain. Britain started bombing Japan while Australia worked on a massive fleet. Australia then lost in a failed attack to knock out the Japanese fleet. The US then finished Japan’s fleet off. the United States and Australia now were reinforcing Korea while Britain reinforced Shanghai and India. The US then started daily bombings on Tokyo, soon assisted by Australia. Britain left Asia because there were enough Chinese stranded they went to Okinawa to land there troops. Japan were weakened enough Britain attacked it with a few planes and failed. Australia then killed a lot of it, but then the US stole the show.

• '10

Sounds like this game lasted way too long. If ANZAC is moving infantry into India and taking Indo-China then Japan is already defeated. Start a new game! @Dylan:

I was the Allies and won that was cool, but I need to know if it was good luck of good strategy. It started off with China trading the Burma road or whatever and China holding the front line at any cost. Then when the other 3 declared war Britain assisted China as much as possible and the US in Manila and the Australian’s knocked out the Japanese in the Southern Pacific and the US in the rest. Australia then transported whatever they could into India. Australia had as much troops as they could now into India they captured French Indo China built a Minor industry and knocked the Japanese out of Asia and captured Korea with a minor industry. The bored Chinese army kept reinforcing the Pacific Asian border and helped Australia hold Korea along with Britain. Britain started bombing Japan while Australia worked on a massive fleet. Australia then lost in a failed attack to knock out the Japanese fleet. The US then finished Japan’s fleet off. the United States and Australia now were reinforcing Korea while Britain reinforced Shanghai and India. The US then started daily bombings on Tokyo, soon assisted by Australia. Britain left Asia because there were enough Chinese stranded they went to Okinawa to land there troops. Japan were weakened enough Britain attacked it with a few planes and failed. Australia then killed a lot of it, but then the US stole the show.

1. China cannot enter Korea

2. I think your win was due Japan’s playing/strategy.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Sounds like Japan waited to attack… true? So far this has proven to be more difficult for them than a J1 attack.

• @Stoney229:

1. I think your win was due Japan’s playing/strategy.

Or lack thereof. I question a Japanese strategy that would leave so many Allied assets intact to result in such lofty achievements so quickly. Seems like a run of bad dice would have been mentioned. Or maybe

1. Misunderstanding of rules and/or incorrect game play.

Other than that, sounds like the op’s response to Japan’s epic fail was adequate. And fun!  :evil:

• A good japanese player wouldnt let the Chinese reach Manchuria. All the games I’ve seen, the Japanese surrender before the Chinese even touch there. I remember one game where I did extraordinarily well using the Chinese army, and I almost liberated Shanghai. The Japanese player surrendered the turn RIGHT before I got to do it! Gaarh!! ><

However, yes, it is a good Chinese/British strategy, though the British should also exert some effort to capture the archipelago if given the luxury (if the Japanese player uses a strategy that doesnt sink half of the British Navy on J1.

The Japanese player must have done something horribly wrong, unfortunately.

• @SunLiRen:

A good japanese player wouldnt let the Chinese reach Manchuria. All the games I’ve seen, the Japanese surrender before the Chinese even touch there. I remember one game where I did extraordinarily well using the Chinese army, and I almost liberated Shanghai. The Japanese player surrendered the turn RIGHT before I got to do it! Gaarh!! ><

It depends on Japan’s strategy and other opportunities.  I’ve only played I think 4 games, but I’m pretty sure 1 or 2 of the Japan won even with China in and/or close to Manchuria (if not at the end, then at least at one point during the game).  If Japan has the opportunity to forfeit China and gain Wus or Ind and Nsw in its stead, it’s likely a worthwhile trade I think.

• It’s also unclear whether Japan declared war on the US or Britain first, or if the UK moved into china before Japan declared war, in which case all three could not declare war at the same time:  The US would not be able to declare war until combat move of fourth turn or Japan attacked them.  The US can’t just up and decide to get in the war.

• @kcdzim:

It’s also unclear whether Japan declared war on the US or Britain first, or if the UK moved into china before Japan declared war, in which case all three could not declare war at the same time:  The US would not be able to declare war until combat move of fourth turn or Japan attacked them.  The US can’t just up and decide to get in the war.

It was after turn 3

• Yeah it’s usually just bad play by the Japan player that allows the Allies to hang around.  I played a game last Friday where the Japanese player had his tranports so spread out that we managed to kill all but one of them and I (as USA) moved my whole fleet off Queensland to Java on turn 3.  Game went back and forth from there despite some awful UK play.  Also I think if China had contested the Burma Road we could’ve won that game.
    It’s about 50% luck too, I would’ve done better if George hadn’t rolled 4 hits outta 6 on his kamikaze, or 7 hits outta 9 with his tanks at the UK battle.

In short, the Allies have to do everything right and get some dice rolls going their way to win, IMO.

• TripleA

@Dylan:

@kcdzim:

It’s also unclear whether Japan declared war on the US or Britain first, or if the UK moved into china before Japan declared war, in which case all three could not declare war at the same time:  The US would not be able to declare war until combat move of fourth turn or Japan attacked them.  The US can’t just up and decide to get in the war.

It was after turn 3

if japan did not declare war by turn 3 it is a case of bad japanese strategy and not a miracle or good strategy.

• @Fishmoto37:

Sounds like this game lasted way too long. If ANZAC is moving infantry into India and taking Indo-China then Japan is already defeated. Start a new game! @Dylan:

I was the Allies and won that was cool, but I need to know if it was good luck of good strategy. It started off with China trading the Burma road or whatever and China holding the front line at any cost. Then when the other 3 declared war Britain assisted China as much as possible and the US in Manila and the Australian’s knocked out the Japanese in the Southern Pacific and the US in the rest. Australia then transported whatever they could into India. Australia had as much troops as they could now into India they captured French Indo China built a Minor industry and knocked the Japanese out of Asia and captured Korea with a minor industry. The bored Chinese army kept reinforcing the Pacific Asian border and helped Australia hold Korea along with Britain. Britain started bombing Japan while Australia worked on a massive fleet. Australia then lost in a failed attack to knock out the Japanese fleet. The US then finished Japan’s fleet off. the United States and Australia now were reinforcing Korea while Britain reinforced Shanghai and India. The US then started daily bombings on Tokyo, soon assisted by Australia. Britain left Asia because there were enough Chinese stranded they went to Okinawa to land there troops. Japan were weakened enough Britain attacked it with a few planes and failed. Australia then killed a lot of it, but then the US stole the show.

I did start a new game and India fell right away China kept on fighting at all costs and the US player way doing okay, but ANZAC was crushed and the US and Japan had a huge navy battle both had heavy casualties, but the US won. China then made a do or die move which was die (of course) and the US lost Alaska and Yukon. I felt like I couldn’t lose British Columbia (because I live there), but got assraped and Western USA wasn’t able to hold out which they were able to send in full army at Hawaii.  :-(

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m