Why are there Canadian roundels? A new rule perhaps?

• :cry:

• my house rule will allow the UK to preform its collect income phase and purchase units phase from canada the turn after london falls. The UK may only collect canadian IPCs in this way

• :-P

I’m just teasing.  I thought it would be fun to have UK split like that and that it wouldn’t be a bad idea for gameplay, but that’s not the way it’s gone.  But yeah, you’d have to get a lot fatter to have the earth revolve around you, since right now it kinda revolves around this super-massive object called the sun.  :wink:

And apparently the A&A world doesn’t revolve around Canada either, nothing more for it than “recognition”.  Oh well.  I’m sure this way is probably better.  It focuses more on creating more action in the Pacific so that the Allies can’t just ignore Japan altogether.

• @SilverAngelSurfer:

And apparently the A&A world doesn’t revolve around Canada either, nothing more for it than “recognition”.  Oh well.  I’m sure this way is probably better.

Little disappointing but hey, we can use the lime green UK pieces for Canadian units…and that’s good enough “recognition” for me.  :-D

• @adam.hall:

@SilverAngelSurfer:

And apparently the A&A world doesn’t revolve around Canada either, nothing more for it than “recognition”.  Oh well.  I’m sure this way is probably better.

Little disappointing but hey, we can use the lime green UK pieces for Canadian units…and that’s good enough “recognition” for me.  :-D

I say use the Red pieces from the original Pacific game.

• We use the lime green units (ftr & art) for China, they match the Chinese color pretty good.
    I guess that we could use the limies for Canada too, but it would be just to track their movement, not as a separate power.
    I like the house rule that allows Canada to be the acting UK capital, if London falls. Giving Canada only the ipc’s w/Canadian roundel to continue the fight.

If you do this though I would think you should also do some thing along the same lines for Germany. Germany will have 3 home tt, E Germany (Berlin capital), W Germany (major IC ?), and S Germany (IC ?). As a house rule if E Germany falls, allow the Germans to continue fighting from its other home IC’s w/income it gets from W & S Germany. You would need to work out if Berlin hands over all German ipc’s to the victor, or holds a reserve equal to the value of W & S Germany for start up capital. Basically you would have to take all 3 German home tt to knock them out.

• Where are you getting your lime green pieces?

• TripleA

@Brain:

Where are you getting your lime green pieces?

from revised edition.

i too use the lime green for china fighter and artillery. the colour is very similar to chinese units.

• I’ll have to check next time I go to my storage unit. I seem to remember lime green US Marines in the old A&A Pacific, but that was only infantry.

• '10

I’ll have to check next time I go to my storage unit. I seem to remember lime green US Marines in the old A&A Pacific, but that was only infantry

in some boxes of Revised, the United Kingdom came in lime green.  My set came with United Kingdom in tan, but the tanks were lime green

• @johnnymarr:

I’ll have to check next time I go to my storage unit. I seem to remember lime green US Marines in the old A&A Pacific, but that was only infantry

in some boxes of Revised, the United Kingdom came in lime green.  My set came with United Kingdom in tan, but the tanks were lime green

The UK was lime green? I definitely don’t remember that. I thought it might be the US they were talking about.

• '10

The UK was lime green?

in some sets yes.  In others, they were tan. In my case, a little of both

• @johnnymarr:

The UK was lime green?

in some sets yes.  In others, they were tan. In my case, a little of both

Okay then what color was the US, if the UK was lime green?

• '10

what color was the US, if the UK was lime green?

dark green

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

So then back to topic:
    How will the UK Split income work then?
    I suppose we will now all shift our speculations to India?
    This seems so ahistorical to me; the UK didn’t have to produce jack-squat in India if they didn’t want to but they sure as hell had to produce units in Canada because they couldn’t maintain enough homeland production for defence of the UK.

Does this mean that the UK will be forced to spend 50% or 40% or 12 IPCs or 8 IPCs in India? How will it be calculated? What happens when Japan has all British territories in the South Pacific except India and I am quite happy to abandon it? Do I still have to place units there?

Seems like Canadian split income was a much better fit for simplicity’s sake.

Do we know when the “its just for recognition” announcement came out? Was it before or after the announcement of split income?

• @Canuck12:

Do we know when the “its just for recognition” announcement came out? Was it before or after the announcement of split income?

Yes, it was August 2, 2009. See link:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1838&start=32

• @ Canuck 12: Actually the definitive post is here, it came after the split income post that temporarily revived hopes for some sort of Canadian representation in the game (no one ever thought they’d be a completely independent power, except in house-rule-land):

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2266

And you’re right. The split income goes to India; everything on the Pacific board, in fact. It’s been confirmed, so it’s no longer a subject of speculation (except in some of the finer details).

Larry’s been quite forthcoming in the past week, thus we’re starting to get a much better picture of what the Europe and Global '40 games will be like. He’s revealed, for example, that Italy will typically have a very active role in the Middle East, opening up a second front against the USSR from the south…

• How did the split income revive hope? Canada was never a realistic possibilty on this issue. Was it just wishful thinking?

• That would make sense, because Winston Churchill was ready to set up his armies in Canada.

• @Brain:

How did the split income revive hope? Canada was never a realistic possibilty on this issue. Was it just wishful thinking?

India is even worst than Canada, specially if India collects income from West Canada and doens’t collect income from West India :-P Check the AAP40 game manual: there is a picture where West Canada is one territory, not 2, and has a UK roundel, not a canadian roundel … seems they cannot decide about this issue  :|

Why Larry put those canadian roundels if they’re not going to have any role? It’s pointless! You can guess that many of us will ignore that silly India 2nd capital and use the canadians as 2nd capital instead  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m