• @Krieghund:

@Imperious:

The company has not announced anything because they are worried about not keeping the date they declare, like most of the other releases.

This is a common practice with many publishers these days.  It’s not unique to Avalon Hill.

So if everybody does it, then it must be okay :|

I still say I’d rather wait a little longer for a better product.

• @i:

you know what i want to see pictures of the map.

what do mean, old black and white war pictures in the corners of the map

• @i:

you know what i want to see pictures of the map.

Probably won’t see any of those for a while.  I’m guessing that we may see the pics of the box in May sometime.  The map- not til July before the thing comes out.

• I heard fall 2010 which means 2011 for us Swedes butt I hope I am surprised

• @Bizarro:

I heard fall 2010 which means 2011 for us Swedes butt I hope I am surprised

I heard you can see the game at Smorey’s Spring Gathering on April 9th and 10th:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17055.0

• @Bizarro:

How many months delay after it comes out in the US???  Around 4-6??

That sucks.

• 3rd quarter is the confirmed release time which is July-Sept. 
    It was supposed to be out in July but got pushed back a month because of some development testing still in the works so now it is mid-August, however it could be as late as September- no longer.
    Strong Intelligence reports have it that it will be out by GenCon to the public. (Mid- August)

Perfect timing in a sense- near the 65th anniversary of the end of the war (Aug-Sept 1945)
    Sucks to wait 5 more months though.
    Probably start seeing pics of box and such around May-June though. :-)

• 5 more months… ugh that feels like 2.5 million years i just want some pics!

• '10

Does it really matter….P40 takes so long to play by forum.  Making moves is like giving birth…I’m attacking sz41…are you scrambling…if so, with what…order of loss please…oh, you want to declare it rd by rd…ok declare them then roll your losses… your internet was down for a millenium, no problem…what side am I again…okay I’ll post after I run out and buy more Depends because I’ve soiled myself because I’m an octagenarian now…

Who has the balls to play global

• @Battlingmaxo:

Does it really matter….P40 takes so long to play by forum.  Making moves is like giving birth…I’m attacking sz41…are you scrambling…if so, with what…order of loss please…oh, you want to declare it rd by rd…ok declare them then roll your losses… your internet was down for a millenium, no problem…what side am I again…okay I’ll post after I run out and buy more Depends because I’ve soiled myself because I’m an octagenarian now…

It is pretty tough. My forum opponent has been AWOL for almost 3 weeks. It would be nice if we could play FtoF at GENCON, however…

• '10

@Joe:

It is pretty tough. My forum opponent has been AWOL for almost 3 weeks. It would be nice if we could play FtoF at GENCON, however…

My wife is a reasonably patient woman but GENCON would be pushing the envelope.  However, if I’m ever in the Badger state I’ll look you up.

• @squirecam:

@Brain:

@Bizarro:

I heard you can see the game at Smorey’s Spring Gathering on April 9th and 10th:

No longer. With the WOTC pushback in the release date, also comes a delay for Greg to show it. You’ll have to wait until Gencon now.
    Or, given WOTC delays, perhaps even later.   :-(

Where are you getting your info?

• @Brain:

@squirecam:

@Brain:

@Bizarro:

No longer. With the WOTC pushback in the release date, also comes a delay for Greg to show it. You’ll have to wait until Gencon now.
    Or, given WOTC delays, perhaps even later.   :-(

Razor

• @Bizarro:

@Brain:

Razor

I know that you and Razor are pretty close, so could you ask him where he got his info? Thank you.

• '10

know that you and Razor are pretty close, so could you ask him where he got his info? Thank you.

Per Questioneer

Consider this OFFICIAL - got an e-mail from Greg Smorey- AA Tourny director for GenCon- WOTC has confirmed that the date has been pushed back a month.  Other official playtesters have confirmed this as well.

Release date for Europe 1940 is mid August this year.

• Thanks johnnymarr, I am convinced the release date is pushed back.

But what I want to know is whether or not Smorey will still be showing it at his Spring Gathering.

• I think the question was answered in another forum and the answer was no. Don’t quote me on this though.

• @Battlingmaxo:

LOL…very true…I almost died laughing at this post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• @Yoper:

He wasn’t even going to have a copy of the game for the event.  He was going to just bring his playtest copy of the game.

Well he must still have that. Any chance of a sneak peak?

• they are SO strict….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m