• @Jaycawbz:

@Wilson2:

@Imperious:

They are supposed to be similar to OOB. The AA42 map is a joke. Ants could not play on it.

Jaycawbz, are you an ant? Or a termite since they are smaller. I don’t understand? How could you be playing on the AA42 board just fine when ants can’t play on it?

Seriously though… if you’re careful and keep track of your units, this game is definitely playable…

I agree. I have no problems but if things do get a little cramped then I will use a marshal card and token.

• I think the board is playable. I have used it for many a game but I would love a bigger board. I think a bigger board would be more enjoyable to play on along with a second 1942 set of pieces.

• @Concealer:

I think the board is playable. I have used it for many a game but I would love a bigger board. I think a bigger board would be more enjoyable to play on along with a second 1942 set of pieces.

Maybe the size of the Revised map would be okay but within a couple of turns the territories are not really a problem in AA42.

• Finally finished the the '42 map. Here are the pictures. Note the size difference. Can’t wait to break it in.  :-D

http://picasaweb.google.com/116761181684215632172

• I do wish the board was bigger, but it is made up for in the quality of the game. I also like the watercolor in G40,P40,and S42.

• I’ve downloaded the map from Imperious Leader and used his basics…
    Changed the look a bit and combined the combatstrip, casualtystrip and NPC counter on the map together with the Mobilization Zone.
    Changed font for each faction, sea texture, glossy nation emblems, etc…

Original total image size printed on vinyl: 74,8" x 35,4" (PDF 360,2 MB)
    See LR example below…

Thanks and credits to Imperious Leader for the map basics!

• RoFerZ . Very Nice. Great job!!

• Very nice. I like what you did with the Sea area and some texture changes. Not sure how well the battle zone would work on the board, but nevertheless, well done.

• I finally got a map printed out last week. Fedex office/kinkos did the job. It is on vinyl, 48 inch by 25.5 inch. Cost $87.25 which is okay. I only have one aa1942 set so my set up still requires some chips.

A special thanks to IL for the map.

• looks good, you should print out the AA50 map. Don’t you find that game better?

• I haven’t played it before.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m