• Okay me and my friends have been playing this so much, anyways I called one (I have long distance here!) and he reminded me of one game we had, that was so dramatic (well for our simple games,) I was Germany.

Anyways on the first axis turn, the Axis made major advancements with the fall of Leningrad and Calcutta, plus the fall of Egypt. Later on Germany were owning Russia. We pulled off a random air attack on London. Anyways in Asia, America captured Kwangtang. Theres was an industry in Sinkaing, but Britain built an industry in India. The US had a failed attack on French Indo China, where I attacked Kwangtang again, and attacked Persia (which had the Trans Jordan inf too (I think.) Germany also were already landed in Trans Jordan. Japan now recovered from American attacks and captures, China and Soviet Far East, then Singkiang (after some bombing raids from turns before) and captures Yukutsk.

City count: 8-4 for Axis.

Germany and Japan were able to capture every Russian territory other then Russia, its self. At this time the German navy was sunk, and Africa was in our control. The Luftwaffe could beat the Royal Navy, on a one on one fight, but wasn’t worth it because of the losses I could have. I also was about even to Russia. The UK were building their navy bigger and bigger and did an all air assault on Western Europe. Britain then landed on Western Europe. I kept on sending everything to the East, so I was in no shape to retake, Western Europe. I couldn’t recover so Southern Europe fell. Anyways in the Pacific Japan sunk the US navy, in the Pacific. Japan then decided to help me an took Australia, and New Zealand, and moved into Hawaii, then jumped into Alaska.

City count 6-6

I realized it was now or ever, I attacked Russia, but the highly trained Russian soldiers (Jared kept on rolling 1’s) and the freezing Germans (I was getting way too much 5’s) it was a complete failure and that collapsed my position on the East, and Japan already moved their troops by Russia. I then attacked Southern Europe and that went well, but the US moved into Western Europe so Britain could get more troops there to retake it. Japan captured Western Canada (I’m a Japanese prisoner?) and Eastern Canada. The US were too focused on Germany, and she was caught off guard and lost Western US. I told Japan to plow to East US, and help me. It was too late the US put some guys in Central too so they couldn’t take it right away, and Germany fell before it could happen
    :cry: and US recaptures the West.

• '12

This coming from the dude who let germany get captured in round 2 by amphibioius assult by the British.  I would say that was more dramatic.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

This coming from the dude who let germany get captured in round 2 by amphibioius assult by the British.  I would say that was more dramatic.

I thought it was a good idea to build a navy, to pull of Operation Sea Lion!

• @Dylan:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

This coming from the dude who let germany get captured in round 2 by amphibioius assult by the British.  I would say that was more dramatic.

Even though before that I only did it once.

But that’s not dramatic just silly.

• @Dylan:

@Dylan:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

This coming from the dude who let germany get captured in round 2 by amphibioius assult by the British.  I would say that was more dramatic.

Even though before that I only did it once.

But that’s not dramatic just silly.

I’ve made that mistake before on Revised. G buys 3 transports and somehow I miscalculated. Oh well, at least it breaks the monotony a bit :)

• He bought a carrier and didn’t put planes on it

• @calvinhobbesliker:

He bought a carrier and didn’t put planes on it

You kept sinking it.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

You kept sinking it.

You could put planes on a new carrier.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

You kept sinking it.

What’s your avatar say?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

You kept sinking it.

You could put planes on a new carrier.

oh  :|

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

You kept sinking it.

What’s your avatar say?

something Canada’s higher then the US in?

• '12

Higher than the US in?  I think you are following the example of Bill Maher’s ‘recreational use’ a bit too much.  Or is is the number of blah blah blahs typically uttered?  In any event, knowing the rules of the game is paramount in being able to play it or offer advice on it.  For the record Dylan, in Spring 42 (not sure what version of AA the rule changed in, anyone?) you can leave planes in a SZ where the carrier is to be built during your non-combat moves, moreover, newly built planes can be placed on your carrier if it is in a SZ adjacent to an IC.  Newly built planes CANNOT be built on allied CVs however.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Higher than the US in?  I think you are following the example of Bill Maher’s ‘recreational use’ a bit too much.  Or is is the number of blah blah blahs typically uttered?  In any event, knowing the rules of the game is paramount in being able to play it or offer advice on it.  For the record Dylan, in Spring 42 (not sure what version of AA the rule changed in, anyone?) you can leave planes in a SZ where the carrier is to be built during your non-combat moves, moreover, newly built planes can be placed on your carrier if it is in a SZ adjacent to an IC.  Newly built planes CANNOT be built on allied CVs however.

I just searched Canada vs US in google images.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Higher than the US in?  I think you are following the example of Bill Maher’s ‘recreational use’ a bit too much.  Or is is the number of blah blah blahs typically uttered?  In any event, knowing the rules of the game is paramount in being able to play it or offer advice on it.  For the record Dylan, in Spring 42 (not sure what version of AA the rule changed in, anyone?) you can leave planes in a SZ where the carrier is to be built during your non-combat moves, moreover, newly built planes can be placed on your carrier if it is in a SZ adjacent to an IC.  Newly built planes CANNOT be built on allied CVs however.

(Emphasis mine)

This recently came up in an AA50 game I played, and according to the Anniversary Edition rulebook pdf I have on my computer newly built fighters CAN be placed on existing carriers in an adjacent SZ.  I learned to play A&A from 1942 here and I’ve always remembered what you just mentioned here about new fighters NOT being able to be placed on existing carriers, only on new carriers.  I assumed AA50 was the same way since the rules are almost identical between it and 1942 (so that 1942 is often described as Revised with AA50 rules), so I was confused because I did not notice that change in the rulebooks.  So I thought it would be important to others to point out this one difference between AA50 and AA42, if this is indeed the case.

• @SAS:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

(Emphasis mine)

This recently came up in an AA50 game I played, and according to the Anniversary Edition rulebook pdf I have on my computer newly built fighters CAN be placed on existing carriers in an adjacent SZ.  I learned to play A&A from 1942 here and I’ve always remembered what you just mentioned here about new fighters NOT being able to be placed on existing carriers, only on new carriers.  I assumed AA50 was the same way since the rules are almost identical between it and 1942 (so that 1942 is often described as Revised with AA50 rules), so I was confused because I did not notice that change in the rulebooks.  So I thought it would be important to others to point out this one difference between AA50 and AA42, if this is indeed the case.

Krieghund has the final say but I’ll take a crack at this. Fighters CAN be built on existing carriers in an adjacent seazone. However, newly built fighters CANNOT be placed on a friendly carrier of a different power/nationality. This rule would be true for Spring 42 and AA50.

• @Fleetwood:

Krieghund has the final say but I’ll take a crack at this. Fighters CAN be built on existing carriers in an adjacent seazone. However, newly built fighters CANNOT be placed on a friendly carrier of a different power/nationality. This rule would be true for Spring 42 and AA50.

Ah, I understand your point about the difference now.  Perhaps I misread it in the 1942 rulebook initially like I did here in your first post.  Krieg?  Is there a difference between the rules in AE and 42 regarding placement of newly built fighters on existing carriers?

• Stories?

• @SAS:

Ah, I understand your point about the difference now.  Perhaps I misread it in the 1942 rulebook initially like I did here in your first post.  Krieg?  Is there a difference between the rules in AE and 42 regarding placement of newly built fighters on existing carriers?

It’s the same wording on both manuals (AA50 and AA42), even on the same page for both (pag. 22): “You cannot place a new fighter on a carrier owned by a friendly power”.

• Well, I’m just one silly confused person then.

• in 1 game, the americans tried to take tokyo twice but failed

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m