• Anyone else looking forward to this!? I can’t wait I’m so excited for it, looks great. I love how in the recent trailer it shows DC in ruins and flames  :evil: the whithouse stomping grounds turned bobwire infested, bomb crater riddled pile of mush  :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0vXj7DWnCU&feature=related

And the quate of Caine….priceless

• Here is a better trailer featuring EMINEM and an exploding International Space Station!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzwBeDV5IAY

• I’ve been playing the crap out of this.  Sigh…Too many things to check out.

• do they still run slow… and do they make it so you cannot fire while running?

If so i will not buy it. I hated the last version for only that reason, they they made it for snipers to just camp and kill stuff that enters from long range.

• @Imperious:

do they still run slow… and do they make it so you cannot fire while running?

If so i will not buy it. I hated the last version for only that reason, they they made it for snipers to just camp and kill stuff that enters from long range.

Sprinting allows you to move pretty fast, although you cant shoot.

It definetly isnt a snipers game. I have just started playing it today, and it is quite amazing. I love firing missles from predator drones!

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@Imperious:

do they still run slow… and do they make it so you cannot fire while running?

Sprinting allows you to move pretty fast, although you cant shoot.

It definetly isnt a snipers game. I have just started playing it today, and it is quite amazing. I love firing missles from predator drones!

There is a perk that allows you to move faster, though.

I had an interesting game where my team was getting pwned by the other team’s chopper gunner kill streak.  So I got a predator missile and decide to see if I could shoot him down.  Yup. :)

• I bought it and it is better than the last one, but still like Left 4 Dead 2 much better.

Not a fan of this kind of movement characteristic. Plus you got all sorts of peeps just camping and snipping

I prefer run out with machine gun and cut down the hordes while running.

But at least i bought it ( because of the hype no doubt)

• @Imperious:

I bought it and it is better than the last one, but still like Left 4 Dead 2 much better.

Not a fan of this kind of movement characteristic. Plus you got all sorts of peeps just camping and snipping

I prefer run out with machine gun and cut down the hordes while running.

But at least i bought it ( because of the hype no doubt)

Too many good games to play right now.  Haven’t finished Borderlands, working on MW2, and I would love to get L4D2.

I definitely see more people camping around this one.  It seems like the environment supports it more, and people are probably playing it timidly at the moment until they know the maps and their nuances.

Oh, I hate sitting still unless it is an objective.  It’s still satisfying to run around with an LMG, but sometimes you get your butt kicked doing that.

• I love this game although I agree that snipers with thermal scopes are really annoying.  I think its a huge improvement over the first and the campaign is great too.

• The only thing “broken” about this game are the akimbo 1887s.  No one in Modern Warfare is going to fight like that, and they have ridiculous range and spread with 1hitKOs.  They need to nerf it.  You don’t have to be near anyone or practically aim, just fire both in the approximate direction and you’re done.

• @Jermofoot:

The only thing “broken” about this game are the akimbo 1887s.  No one in Modern Warfare is going to fight like that, and they have ridiculous range and spread with 1hitKOs.  They need to nerf it.  You don’t have to be near anyone or practically aim, just fire both in the approximate direction and you’re done.

Its even more so when their is FMJ on it too.  The undermounted shotguns have the range to go accross entire maps and my friend got a headshot like that.

• @Historybuff:

@Jermofoot:

The only thing “broken” about this game are the akimbo 1887s.  No one in Modern Warfare is going to fight like that, and they have ridiculous range and spread with 1hitKOs.  They need to nerf it.  You don’t have to be near anyone or practically aim, just fire both in the approximate direction and you’re done.

Its even more so when their is FMJ on it too.  The undermounted shotguns have the range to go accross entire maps and my friend got a headshot like that.

I’ve barely used those as I’ve found switching to a secondary shotgun or just remaining on the main weapon is better/faster.  I’ll have to check it out.

• All I got to say is story mode good multiplayer crapy

• @molinar13:

All I got to say is story mode good multiplayer crapy

The levels are super detailed.  The Washington D.C. level is the best after the EMP.  Multiplayer is really good.  What is wrong with it in your opinon molinar13?

• I agree with the storyline part totaly, and thanks for not blasting me for hating the multiplayer. Well I play it online a lot. Im already a first prestiege, but thats low compared to my friends. I guess my only problem with the multiplayer is that its too realistic. Now I know I sound dumb by saying this but let me explain. COD does a really good job of making its war games realistic, were if you point and shoot you can get lucky and kill someone. Just like in real life. Even if you’ve never fired a gun before chances are you are still guna kill someone if you aim in the right direction. Of course a trained soldier could easily take you down but have enough people doing the same thing and eventually one of the soldiers will get killed. Ex. blackhawk down. The same is true for COD. This to me represents a lack of skill, in other words luck. I am a big halo fan because of this. In halo, luck isnt even the half of it. it requires skill and a timed BR shot to take out your enemy. Plus hardly anyone camps. However for COD its the opposite. I love COD and I own every single game since finest hour. I still play multiplayer but for me halo is better in terms of determining skill.

• I wouldn’t at all call it realistic.  It’s quite arcadey.  However, that doesn’t mean it takes no skill to be good at it.  I think it takes skill to be a top dawg in the game.  But there are so many variables that separate it from Halo.  Look at how many weapons, attachments, perks, etc. that you can swap in and out.  The scenarios are endless considering that, so with one loadout you could be at a disadvantage but with another you’d have the upper hand.  Knowing what to use when is a big part of it.  It also supports a variety of playing styles, so it can fit to you what you like best - which may very well raise the entire playing field.

• well, its cool game. indeed. but its not my cup of tea.

• Eh. I guess what I was trying to say is COD blindly shoot in the direction of the enemy, and you might get a kill. Halo - blindly shoot in the direction of the enemy and chances are you are not gunna get a kill. However last night got my first nuke (the real way). So I am starting to warm up to it :-D

• @molinar13:

Eh. I guess what I was trying to say is COD blindly shoot in the direction of the enemy, and you might get a kill. Halo - blindly shoot in the direction of the enemy and chances are you are not gunna get a kill. However last night got my first nuke (the real way). So I am starting to warm up to it :-D

Nukes are cool.  But the whole blindly shooting at the enemy and get a kill thing is something I like about it beacause its realistic and it gives everyone a chance and no matter what there is always going to be a little luck invovled in everything.

• @molinar13:

Eh. I guess what I was trying to say is COD blindly shoot in the direction of the enemy, and you might get a kill. Halo - blindly shoot in the direction of the enemy and chances are you are not gunna get a kill. However last night got my first nuke (the real way). So I am starting to warm up to it :-D

With logging about 2.5 days playing time, I’ve only seen a nuke once and never of my own (I unlocked it last and never equipped it).  I find it to be something I will probably never touch based on how I play (I hate camping) and preferring other killstreaks than one that just ends the game.  I want to play, not stop playing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m