Axis & Allies 1941 Optional Rules

• Axis & Allies 1941 Optional Rules

Official Optional Rule (Apocryphal)

Soviet-Japanese Non-aggression Pact: Neither the Soviet Union nor Japan may attack territories controlled by the other until either Germany nor Russia has been captured by an enemy power.

Optional House Rules

Naval bombardment: Battleships now have the ability to attack land targets in conjunction with an amphibious assault. Need 1 landing unit for every naval unit doing a support bombardment, and no previews naval battle in the zone of amphibious attack.

Artillery unit: Now all plays can buy and deploy Artillery units, they cost 4 IPC. Attack 2, Defense 2, Move 1. Special: Can pair up with an infantry unit, raising the infantry’s attack strength to 2. For the indicial setup, we use de zombie’s setup, add:
    USSR. Russia: 1 artillery. Karelia: 1 artillery. Siberia: 1 artillery
    Germany. Southern Europe: 1 artillery. Eastern Europe: 1 artillery West Russia: 1 artillery.
    UK. United Kingdom: 1 artillery. Union of South Africa: 1 artillery. India: 1 artillery.
    Japan. Japan: 1 artillery. Manchuria: 1 artillery. Southeast Asia: 1 artillery.
    USA: Western US: 1 artillery. Szechwan: 1 artillery.

New industrial complexes: add one in Southern Europe, Union of South Africa and Szechwan.

ATT: Santa Bárbara Historical Play Group

• @valladares

So you’re basically adding mechanics from the more complicated games to the 1941 game. I can see it work if players don’t have the money or time to play the bigger ones or if you want a bomber to be able to fly from Berlin to Seoul.

• @superbattleshipyamato . Correct.
    We believe that 1941 has potential as an entry game, a short game, and a game mechanics workshop.
    We believe that a second edition of 1941 would be what the community needs to introduce more people.
    Including some production and quality improvements, like those seen in zombies, would help, and it wouldn’t increase the price much.
    Before submitting our ideas to RENEGADEGAMES, we want to see what the community thinks.

• @valladares

Well, I’ll certainly buy it. As long as it has the branding, I’m happy (I noticed you didn’t say Avalon Hill).

• @Valladares

I used Tank as substitute for Artillery bonus on Infantry.

No need for more sculpts, just giving +1 Attack bonus when paired 1:1 with a Tank.

That way, you introduce a combined arms mechanics at no real cost. In addition, you make Inf+ Tank combo the best attacking land units compared to 3 Infantry by a small margin, for same cost.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m