• the ROTC class at my high school has a version of RISK on one of their commander’s computers where all the attack data is input simultaneously. the teams write down their troop movements and hand them in to a moderator. it can lead to some pretty cool battles, border skirmishes, walk-in’s etc. wondering if anyone thought this might work for A&A. i can get more details if needed.

• It sounds like they’re playing RISK II, which is a PC-only game. It might be a possibility for A&A, but it probably would need some work before it could be translated into the A&A world.

sounds neat… how do you deal with air vs ship when the ship moves…

• the ship vs plane would work just like a border clash. the troops hit at the border, then any survivors proceed into the planned attack zone to fight

• I have seen at least one variant utilizing the simultaneous idea. The variant is called “Plotted A&A”. The link is:

http://home.swbell.net/cmcedit/ig/paaindex.html

I have never played it, but have read through the rules and it appears to be a good variant. I hope to try it soon.

what about retreats for Defenders…? do they have a rule for that

• I am assuming you read the above link and understand what ‘plotted’ means. If combat result from any given plotted move, all of combat (including retreats) is resolved before the next plotted move occurs.

• read the link above, it solves most of the bugs ive been working out since i posted this

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m