• @Imperious:

I like to search all these little rooms for Molotov’s and pipe bombs or even pills.

I like to gear up too, but in VS. any time wasted is more time for the other team to get you.  That’s why a rush is a good strategy, just everyone needs to be on the same page.

I hate leaving stuff behind that isn’t dead. Sometimes i just walk around with a gas can just so i can set up a firewall when that crazy music starts. But yes sometimes i think they want to bypass zombies just to avoid fighting.

Oh yeah, I try to kill everything, especially when trying to get the 55k zombie kills.

BTW the best place to be on the boathouse map is that far island rock in the corner, because the two tanks always come from the opposite end, but you need to load up the gas cans and cocktails to make plenty of firewalls to kill the hordes. Then at the last minute you sprint to the dock and wait for boat.

Didn’t they patch the Jesus Rock?  The only thing that can get you are the smoker (which you can see/hear coming), a hunter if he gets past the firearm gauntlet, and Tank lobbing boulders.

• Didn’t they patch the Jesus Rock?

Huh? They even have a name for it?

• @Imperious:

Didn’t they patch the Jesus Rock?

Huh? They even have a name for it?

Yeah, you hop up there and the regular zombies, Boomers (unless you are on the edge when it explodes/vomits), and Tank (if not lobbing boulders) can’t reach you. Bot survivors will just stand around it, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs84DOBgJTs

• Hoping the ending to assassins creed two isnt such a mindtrip this time…

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Hoping the ending to assassins creed two isnt such a mindtrip this time…

Rumor is the story will be a Trilogy so I’d expect a more fully fleshed out conspiracy that you pursue to conclusion as Desmond if there is an ACIII.

The first story was a bit convuluted but I’m getting it more because I really enjoyed the gameplay. I do hope the story is tighter this time around but as long as they maintain the technical acheivments of the first, increase the side mission variety and give me a chance to actually stealthly carry out an assassination or two I’ll likely be happy.

• Anyone catch the latest Modern Warfare 2 trailer?  It’s got some very interesting things to show, especially at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6jNE

• Ok i got another trick for L4D.

The one with the skyscraper. If you get on the back corner where the large searchlights and crouch on the edge of the building nothing will harm you. Everyone will have to carry a Molotov because the breakout will have to travel exactly diagonally to the chopper pad . The trouble is worth it if your playing on advanced or expert level

• @Jermofoot:

Anyone catch the latest Modern Warfare 2 trailer?  It’s got some very interesting things to show, especially at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8toHfZm6jNE

Can’t watch at work but if that is the one with what looked like

SPOILER ALERT

Washington DC yes it did seem interesting.

• @Imperious:

Ok i got another trick for L4D.

The one with the skyscraper. If you get on the back corner where the large searchlights and crouch on the edge of the building nothing will harm you. Everyone will have to carry a Molotov because the breakout will have to travel exactly diagonally to the chopper pad . The trouble is worth it if your playing on advanced or expert level

Haha, well there is a “Jesus Room” on that level too.  None of the zombies will come in to attack you, but I forget how to do it.

• I do know if a metal room but i think its a different level its got a special type of door where the tank cant get in. I could never get anybody to try it, but i know it works.

If you know of where this other room might be try to describe it so i can pass it on.

This game is really addicting.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4vaZeusVHQ&feature=related

this has it outlined. I will try it next time

• I’ve never messed with the Jesus Room, just seen the video really.  I prefer to play legit.  I don’t even really like “stacking” but that’s just how the game is played anymore.  I like that the sequel addresses this issue with new special zombies and progression requirements (such as constant stream of zombies until you get moving).  Really I think all the new “boss” zombies are in response to players stacking in a corner.

• Final Fantasy 13.

• Well, so far Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is proving to be worth the wait.

There really isn’t all that much new from the first one except a better way to throw grenades and it is little more prettified but it is all the goood things from the first and so far very few of the things I found annoying (mostly How was that not a head shot?) are present in this one.

I especially like that the bad guys will hide behind cover and stick their guns up and shoot blindly.

I just finished a pretty terrific little sequence last night battling my way to the front of a moving train.

Fans of the first who’ve been considering this one should certainly pick it up.

• Boderlands, anyone?

• @bbrett3:

Boderlands, anyone?

I traded in some games and got it for the 360.  In some ways it’s better than I imagined, in a few ways not what I thought, but overall really good.  I’d love to do some multiplayer, but my connection is on the fritz right now.

• Some people said it was just like Fallout, but with more customization, is that true?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4loflk_RNo

this is the only game you need to know about!

• @bbrett3:

Some people said it was just like Fallout, but with more customization, is that true?

I don’t really know.  I think Fallout 3 is more in depth, but I never played it, just assuming so from Bethesda.  Borderlands focuses on action, multiplayer, quests, and getting more and more loot. It’s really simple and the character customization is basic - 3 trees with 7 skills each (1 master) that is unlocked as you put more points in the tree.  The weapons are never the same except for the unique ones bosses always carry.  It looks nice and is well done, but plays really well.  You can kill quite a few hours on it the first time through, but once you know what to do I think you can run through it and even skip side quests.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m