• Hello all,

I’m sure I’m not the only person who sometimes has trouble finding specific rules when issues arise during gameplay. To help combat this, I believe that an index with subsections would be incredibly helpful. I know that the current rule book can’t be adjusted for obvious reasons, but it’s food for thought.

All the best,
    MrGoatCheese

• The version on the HBG website is searchable (CTRL+F) so that helps somewhat.

The problem is that a lot of specific rules or exceptions are only on the National Reference Sheets for each nation.

I would not want to have to draft that index.

• @noneshallpass What I’d like to see is one extra downloadable file which has the rules PLUS every National Reference Sheet (14 including Vichy). Then, we could all use the (CTRL+F) function to search through the rules and National Reference Sheets at once. If they do eventually create an index, the person who takes on that challenge will start by creating that one massive file to search.

• Also for some reason I can copy/paste the NRS but not the Rulebook, which is annoying since I do it often enough in this forum.

• @hbg-gw-enthusiast If you have adobe acrobat (the paid version) you can build a search index and include everything. Actually I might make one and upload it. You’ll probably need to get Adobe Reader (free) though.

@noneshallpass You can’t copy paste because the author has secured the document so you are unable to copy it, edit it, etc. It would be nice to have the PDF not have this locked down.

• @mrgoatcheese Thank you!..I though I was the only one that thought it is crazy not to have a proper Index. I have created one and will be posting when I get all the entries I want/need. It drives me nuts when rule books do not have indices.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m