Is there an errata (sp?) out for Europe and or Global yet?

• I have and have been using the Pacific one.  I’m getting Europe for christmas… and was just curious!

• Official Q&A

Nope.

• FYI, “errata” is plural, so you wouldn’t say “a errata.”

The reason there is none is because Larry and others are working on a new setup/rules that will make the Global Game more balanced.

• Sponsor

It would be great to see the Alpha+1 wrap up and get published before Christmas. I have played with others through the holidays but we are still using OOB until the playtesting is finalized. Would be a great gift from Larry combined with Bob’s setp up charts! Reading this forum and Larry’s, it seems that only minor adjustments are being offered, and often in contradictory AARs from players.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

FYI, “errata” is plural, so you wouldn’t say “a errata.”

The reason there is none is because Larry and others are working on a new setup/rules that will make the Global Game more balanced.

I believe technically, as ‘errata’ starts with a vowel, if anything, it would be ‘an errata’, like ‘an error’ rather than, ‘a mistake’.

Because of the open admission of the major problems and hence major fixes needed for these games, we’ve likely opened pandora’s box of never believing it to be fixed.  I see an Alpha+47 coming…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Alpha is a TOTALLY different game of Axis an Allies, than OOB Global is.

Like Chess vs Checkers.  Classic vs Anniversary.  Don’t think the changes are Minor.  Though they seem to come and go in minor steps, THEY ARE DRASTIC GAME CHANGES.  For the better I believe though.

• @LuckyDay:

@calvinhobbesliker:

FYI, “errata” is plural, so you wouldn’t say “a errata.”

I believe technically, as ‘errata’ starts with a vowel, if anything, it would be ‘an errata’, like ‘an error’ rather than, ‘a mistake’.

Because of the open admission of the major problems and hence major fixes needed for these games, we’ve likely opened pandora’s box of never believing it to be fixed.  I see an Alpha+47 coming…

Again, errata is plural. The singular form is erratum. You wouldn’t say an errata or a errata

Let’s stop the spread of inferior understanding of the english language involved here.

You may be free to make incorrect rulings concerning Axis and Allies on this website Cal, but I am going to reccommend that you take your high school level English back home with you, and spare users here your belittling.

The original sentence in question “Is there an Errata out for Europe and or Global yet?”  Is completely correct because Errata is used as a Noun in the sentence.

Please review http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/noun for the definition of what constitues a noun.

Also observe:

Usage note

“Errata  is originally the plural of the singular Latin noun erratum.  Like many such borrowed nouns ( agenda; candelabra ), it came by the mid-17th century to be used as a singular noun, meaning “a list of errors or corrections to be made (in a book).” Despite objections by some to this singular use, it is common in standard English: The errata begins on page 237. When errata  clearly means “errors,” it takes plural verbs and pronouns: Although errata were frequent in the first printing, most of them were corrected in subsequent printings. As a singular noun, errata  has developed an English plural form erratas,  which is rarely used.”

Though the errors that constitute the term errata are plural because there are many, the errata itself is singular when used as a noun; hence “an errata is going to be issued.”

• I thought it should always be “errata” without a or an

Like “There are errata out there”.

By the way: “recommend”: 1 c  :-D

• The best part of this is how upset Cal gets about it.  You know he’s looking at the screen fuming, face getting all red and anxious…

Now let’s bring up ship abbreviations again! :evil: :roll:

I typed that out under duress! :P

You don’t see me nit picking about people’s spelling, unless it’s absolutely and deliberately attrocious.  Or if a kid who thinks he’s the big dog, gives somebody both barrels for nothing.

• @LuckyDay:

The best part of this is how upset Cal gets about it.  You know he’s looking at the screen fuming, face getting all red and anxious…

Now let’s bring up ship abbreviations again! :evil: :roll:

Well, I was obviously wrong.However, I don’t fume when people make grammar mistakes. And I also don’t turn red in the face(impossible for me,since I am Indian).

• Wrong kind. I’m a real Indian(from India), not a Native American(or “First Peoples” as Canadians apparently call them).

I have taken sensitivity training on this issue, as Ive lived amongst your people.

SANCTIONED by the government, my training says the correct classification for yourself is “south asian”.  I received this training whilst working for the Red Cross, a large international organization.

No one uses the term Indian anymore, because the government instructed us that it is racist and inconsiderate.  And especially if you were not born in India - it is inappropriate to call yourself an Indian.

• No one? Not in my experience.

If you’re being sarcastic, I am missing the point.

Were you born in India? Or in America?

• I was born in the United States

Then you are American.

Give up any delusions of being Indian - you are not.  Unless your parents were from there, and you make a point of getting dual citizenship, you are unfortunately SOL.

• @Gargantua:

I have taken sensitivity training on this issue, as Ive lived amongst your people.

SANCTIONED by the government, my training says the correct classification for yourself is “south asian”.  I received this training whilst working for the Red Cross, a large international organization.

No one uses the term Indian anymore, because the government instructed us that it is racist and inconsiderate.  And especially if you were not born in India - it is inappropriate to call yourself an Indian.

Silly government, no?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m