• For those who were there at Wizards, I notice a strategic move that is not going to be favorable but ideal for this. I didn’t do this on my game because I was thinking too much like an AnA player and not enough like a zombie. I wasn’t able to march on Moscow as Germany due to a wall of zombies in my way so I should of done this: just intentionally send infantry to their deaths against USSR just to make zombies and force Stalin to deal with the issue. I think this is going to be the move of all players that want to break stalemates on borders. Thoughts?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

I actually thought of this same possibility when the Zombie Rules were first getting announced.

If you use the zombies offensively like that, you can essentially create an impenetrable barrier of zombies on the Eastern Front by abusing the zombie mechanic.

Of course, from what I’ve seen, a few of the Zombie Cards can move stacks of zombies, so this kind of gamey strat might backfire too.  I’d have to see the distribution of cards in the deck to be sure.

• '18 '17

This was along the lines of what I was attempting to do in my game, but as Russia. Unfortunately, Russia does not have the resources to both create zombies AND successfully defend Moscow.

I think this is a valid strategy.

• I basically did that in Africa because I wanted to turn Africa into a zombine hoard to deny UK it’s resources but they mopped up the area very well.

• @Caesar:

I basically did that in Africa because I wanted to turn Africa into a zombine hoard to deny UK it’s resources but they mopped up the area very well.

Did you use these cards too? You added zombies in Africa by playing cards?
    I am so curious how the card deck looks….

• No, I took everything that could hit Egypt on G1 and the battle destroyed UK and only tank survived with four zombies so UK carded the zombies into near by territories and mopped it up with UK and US forces. Each turn you draw a card that puts one zombie in a random territory and a perk that can help or hurt you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m